"Tee Martin loves his new job"

In hindsight, I wonder if Tee would have been a better head coach than Pruitt
In hindsight it would have been hard for him not to be. Pruitt was as bad as it gets. Terrible record? Check. Humiliating losses to inferior opponents? Check. Never beats a rival, and loses to them on average by 3-4 touchdowns? Check. ***hole? Check. Leaves you an NCAA investigation? Check. Oh, and also a semi-literate Bammer? Check. Yes, our former national championship winning quarterback, even if sucked record wise, would have been far better in hindsight.

Last edited:
Who cares? NOT ME!!! He didn't develop WRs when he was at his Alma Mater. He didn't recruit at a top notch level. He probably was a bag man too. He strikes me as a guy who FEELS ENTITLED and feels he doesn't have to work hard and sweat for things because he won a NC 23 years ago!!!!!
Wth??

Gtfo with that anti-VFL nonsense. Wth...all he did was turn a non football player out of Canada and turn him into a draft player. JJ got drafted too.

Reactions: 007Racer
In hindsight it would have been hard for him not to be. Pruitt was as bad as it gets. Terrible record? Check. Humiliating losses to inferior opponents? Check. Never beats a rival, and loses to them on average by 3-4 touchdowns? Check. ***hole? Check. Leaves you an NCAA investigation? Check. Oh, and also a semi-literate Bammer? Check. Yes, our former national championship winning quarterback, even if sucked record wise, would have been far better in hindsight.

Pruitt being a bad coach, has no bearing on whether or not Tee would be a good HC. He was demoted from play-calling duties at USC, and couldn't even manage to land the South Alabama HC job in his hometown. He's had next to zero interest from any school for a coordinator position, and has displayed no coaching traits that are common to successful head coaches at the college level.

Some guys are life-long position coaches, and that's just the way that it is.

Reactions: beachvol23
Pruitt being a bad coach, has no bearing on whether or not Tee would be a good HC. He was demoted from play-calling duties at USC, and couldn't even manage to land the South Alabama HC job in his hometown. He's had next to zero interest from any school for a coordinator position, and has displayed no coaching traits that are common to successful head coaches at the college level.

Some guys are life-long position coaches, and that's just the way that it is.
The guy I was responding to said in HINDSIGHT. I said in HINDSIGHT. In HINDSIGHT there is no way Tee could be worse than Pruitt, because even if Tee also had a terrible record, never beat a rival, lost to rivals by an average of 3-4 touchdowns, incurred humiliating losses to inferior opponents, left us with an NCAA investigation, and was an ***hole (which he is not), he would still not be a semi-literate Bammer. So in HINDSIGHT, there is no way Tee could have been worse than Pruitt.

The guy I was responding to said in HINDSIGHT. I said in HINDSIGHT. In HINDSIGHT there is no way Tee could be worse than Pruitt, because even if Tee also had a terrible record, never beat a rival, lost to rivals by an average of 3-4 touchdowns, incurred humiliating losses to inferior opponents, left us with an NCAA investigation, and was an ***hole (which he is not), he would still not be a semi-literate Bammer. So in HINDSIGHT, there is no way Tee could have been worse than Pruitt.

Again, even in hindsight, Pruitt being a bad coach, in no way indicates that Tee would have been better over the same time period. He very well could have been worse, especially if Tee retained offensive play-calling duties as HC.

Who cares? NOT ME!!! He didn't develop WRs when he was at his Alma Mater. He didn't recruit at a top notch level. He probably was a bag man too. He strikes me as a guy who FEELS ENTITLED and feels he doesn't have to work hard and sweat for things because he won a NC 23 years ago!!!!!
I like Tee but I can’t help but think all the coaches bolted for NFL because of looming penalties for McD bags. Glad he’s happy but don’t think he over achieved at UT in the least bit.

Again, even in hindsight, Pruitt being a bad coach, in no way indicates that Tee would have been better over the same time period. He very well could have been worse, especially if Tee retained offensive play-calling duties as HC.
I was saying he COULDN'T BE WORSE for the reasons I stated. At worst Tee would have sucked just as bad as Pruitt and would also have been dumb enough to leave us in this NCAA mess, but even then if he had been as bad as Pruitt W-L wise, AND he got us busted by the NCAA, he still wouldn't have been a slack jawed Gump, so I stand by saying he couldn't be worse. In saying he couldn't be worse than Pruitt, I am certainly not heaping praise on Tee's prospects as a head coach. Pruitt is one of the worst coaches in SEC history, certainly at any of the traditional powers. I can't think of another instance of a coach at Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, UGA or UF who had a Pruitt-esqe coaching record who also left the program with the prospect of crippling sanctions AND was an alumnus of said school's most hated rival. It doesn't get worse than that. Tee wouldn't have been worse than that.

So..... Dez is a free agent now? really?

Has Dez been black listed for protesting his false positive covid test? He has a few more catches in him. he X'd just last year... unreal.

Would have set a new standard for suckage imo. Blast Pruitt for doing it with loaded teams, but he successfully coordinated defenses. USC wasn’t destitute with talent under Tee’s watch, but he flubbed his opportunity in epic fashion.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
Agree. You can blast Pruitt for a LOT, but his line backers hit like mac trucks, and UT was hitting harder then it had in years. Fact. As far as Tee is concerned, he was obviously more capable in the NFL then college. God bless and be well.

This is all dependent on UT coming out relatively unhurt you understand. If UT goes down all bets are off. Every one goes down. Burn them all.

There is some redundancy there.. I'd almost say Pruitt ended up getting rid of Tee the way things shook out. Rumor has it that Pruitt micromanaged the assistants to the point of apathy.

Tee was active in the process of getting Pruitt told on.
He believed that would give him a shot as HC here.

That is rather humorous considering each person applies personally for the job they have. Not to mention they use all of their contacts to make sure they have every chance to get hired.
That doesn't mean they "love" their job. For most people its a means to an end.

Would have set a new standard for suckage imo. Blast Pruitt for doing it with loaded teams, but he successfully coordinated defenses. USC wasn’t destitute with talent under Tee’s watch, but he flubbed his opportunity in epic fashion.
Pruitt was definitely a good coordinator but as a head coach, it's hard for me to imagine anyone doing worse when you factor in the NCAA stench he left us with. If Tee as HC left us with that stench too, well, at least he wasn't also a Bammer. I'm glad we didn't hire Tee as HC either, but Pruitt in hindsight turned out about as bad as you can turn out.

Last edited:
Lighten up, Francis

Really? 🙄

What is he supposed to say? "Coaching at the highest level is good, but nothing will ever compare to my time at UT". Get real, nobody had fun last year on this team.

VN Store

Back