"Tee Martin loves his new job"

Who cares? NOT ME!!! He didn't develop WRs when he was at his Alma Mater. He didn't recruit at a top notch level. He probably was a bag man too. He strikes me as a guy who FEELS ENTITLED and feels he doesn't have to work hard and sweat for things because he won a NC 23 years ago!!!!!

Who cares? NOT ME!!! He didn't develop WRs when he was at his Alma Mater. He didn't recruit at a top notch level. He probably was a bag man too. He strikes me as a guy who FEELS ENTITLED and feels he doesn't have to work hard and sweat for things because he won a NC 23 years ago!!!!!

Think what you will. He is the only QB to bring a national Championship to Knoxville in my lifetime. And as to the WR he developed? Hard for them to make catches when the QBs were not getting the ball to them very well. As to him being a bag man, I never saw him with a bag in his hand. Now if you will excuse me Makayla Maroney is here to get my frisbee off my roof.

Think what you will. He is the only QB to bring a national Championship to Knoxville in my lifetime. And as to the WR he developed? Hard for them to make catches when the QBs were not getting the ball to them very well. As to him being a bag man, I never saw him with a bag in his hand. Now if you will excuse me Makayla Maroney is here to get my frisbee off my roof.
I don't get the Tee hate either. I mean, I didn't want him to be HC but the guy is still a VFL.

Personally, I am not a Tee Martin hater.....I think he represented himself and the university extremely well as a player. However, the problem I see pertaining to Tee is many fans simply cannot differentiate Tee Martin the Player versus Tee Martin the Coach. Unfortunately, Tee the Player and Tee the Coach are two separate entities and must be recognized and examined independently. As a Player, I think every VOLS fan will agree, he performed extremely well and did everything that could be asked including a NC. As a Coach, he was very well paid to perform a job that, in my opinion, he was average at best. In short, the great player cannot be held in the same regards as the paid average coach.

Regardless, Tee Martin the Person has earned and deserves the respect of ALL VOLS fans!

Personally, I am not a Tee Martin hater.....I think he represented himself and the university extremely well as a player. However, the problem I see pertaining to Tee is many fans simply cannot differentiate Tee Martin the Player versus Tee Martin the Coach. Unfortunately, Tee the Player and Tee the Coach are two separate entities and must be recognized and examined independently. As a Player, I think every VOLS fan will agree, he performed extremely well and did everything that could be asked including a NC. As a Coach, he was very well paid to perform a job that, in my opinion, he was average at best. In short, the great player cannot be held in the same regards as the paid average coach.

Regardless, Tee Martin the Person has earned and deserves the respect of ALL VOLS fans!
Wow what a contradiction. The person is often defined by their work ethic. Maybe you mistyped? The player earned and deserved respect, while the (any) average coach DOES NOT!

beginning to wonder if pruitt and company intentionally outted themselves when they got the opportunity to move to the NFL TBH. just a thought. if that's the case, and UT makes it out alive.... welp...good luck in the NFL i guess.

Last edited:

Respect for his playing time at Tennessee is greatly appreciated. His snubbing of Tennessee coaching opportunities, not so much. He burned a lot of bridges with a lot of Tennessee fans. I hope he has a really good run in the pros.

He put 3 WRs into the NFL while back at UT.
He helped get rid of Pruitt....
He won us a National Championship (old news I know)
He helped get rid of Cornbread Bama Pruitt

Now that I think about it. It's pretty big coincidence that X mode was at Baltimore, and hanging around vol social playing nice with us right as it went down. Wonder what he is up to now, I will have to look into it.

He put 3 WRs into the NFL while back at UT.
He helped get rid of Pruitt....
He won us a National Championship (old news I know)
He helped get rid of Cornbread Bama Pruitt

Is 2 & 4 different things he did or just stated with cartoon character applied.

Respect for his playing time at Tennessee is greatly appreciated. His snubbing of Tennessee coaching opportunities, not so much. He burned a lot of bridges with a lot of Tennessee fans. I hope he has a really good run in the pros.

Knowing what we know now, would you have wanted to work under Butch Jones, or under the dysfunctional administrators in Knoxville? In a few years, somebody on the inside will write a novel about Tennessee football in the 21st century. A great title I would suggest would be "The Era of Agony". Hopefully it will be comprehensive, and show the asinine logic, and petty progression of power plays that has led to all this misery. But as to Tee? V, I can't blame any coach that ever snubbed job offers. Including any VFL. I get why you might hold a grudge, but once that book is written? If we live to buy and read it, I think most of us will get over it.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I couldn't care less and that doesn't translate to "hate". Can't have an opinion without some goofball thinking you either worship or hate.

He wasn't alone in that National Championship season. Some of you act like he did it all by himself.

We've got excuses for errthang. If it ain't the wide receivers it's the QB, if it ain't the QB it's the coach, if it ain't the coach it's the AD, if it ain't the AD it's Haslam.....

And LOL at the bagman comments. Everyone here is all in favor of it, until we get caught.

#everythinggatorsucks

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

It does crack me up that he's coaching WR for a team that is famously low in talent at the position.

I hope he does well. I know Haynesworth wanted him to be head coach but I don't know if he was in the right mindset for it when the position was open.

Haynesworth? As a HC? Child, please! One day in Nashville guaranteed he would never be a HC at any level. The only persons who might have less of a chance to have anything to do with sports are Jerry Sandusky, Larry Nassar, and those dearly departed.

Last edited:
Haynesworth? As a HC? Child, please! One day in Nashville guaranteed he would never be a HC at any level.
Haynesworth wanted Tee to be coach. Haynesworth hes some wild ideas but I don't think he was holding out hope to be a coach when he was waiting on a kidney transplant.

Glad to hear he's enjoying himself. Definitely not a hater, but was not a fan of him playing the race card when he wasn't considered for or given the UT HC job - a professional low-point imo. Still, we all make mistakes and I wish him the best. Hopefully this is a step along the way toward him actually being qualified to take on a HC job somewhere.

Why the hate? He was more qualified for the position than many that Pruitt hired. Again, its hard to recruit at a high level when you run outdated schemes and have multiple coaches who have gigs just because they are buds with Pruitt. Guys don't move from an assistant in college to an assistant in the NFL without being half decent at what they are doing.

Shelton Felton - No P5 assistant gig before UT, now coaching HS
Nieds - You see our LB play last year?
Friend - See our OL play last year?
Weinke - See our QB play last year? See what Sean McVay/Foles/Goff think of him?
Osovet - Never coached at D1, D2, or D3 level before UT. Peddling coaching videos now
Ansley - Never a coordinator before UT.

Good for Tee considering 99% of people hate their jobs.
That is rather humorous considering each person applies personally for the job they have. Not to mention they use all of their contacts to make sure they have every chance to get hired.

VN Store

Back