Tee Martin job title

Its like he is half man, half bear, and half pig!

1006-half-bear.jpg

one thing I am pretty certain is that our Co OC's will out weigh any other schools co OC's

Nah. Thats the HCs job. Not a position coach. Tee wasn't hired to keep Chaney from doing anything. Pruitt and Fulmer both thought Chaney was worth 1.5+ a year. Thats not happening if you think he needs a babysitter.

The entire offensive staff has "input" to a degree, that's not uncommon anywhere across the country.
He isn't just a position coach though. He is an official CO-OC.

Like I said Chaney will have all final say so.

Tee will be there for creative input. Chaney has a tendency to get conservative.

Doesn't mean he is a babysitter. Just adding to the mix.

He will have a lot more input than anyone besides Chaney and Pruitt.

Reactions: lexkyvol
He will give some input on calls like Coley did for UGA last year. Chaney will make the final call.

Not surprising. This is a good setup.

Disagree. Chaney reportedly disliked Coley by his side. Tee already failed as an oc. Why go that route again? Also feeds the bs "oc in waiting" crap i cant stand

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
Disagree. Chaney reportedly disliked Coley by his side. Tee already failed as an oc. Why go that route again? Also feeds the bs "oc in waiting" crap i cant stand
And reportedly Chaney was huge on Tee coming and involved in getting him here.

He may just have not like Coley. I think the qb coaching responsibility was the bigger issue than the playcalling duties.

Chaney has had someone else involved in his playcalling everywhere but Pitt. It won't be new to him. He has even talked about it not being a problem in the past.

Tee had one average half a year and a couple good years. Plenty of draft picks. I wouldn't called that failed.

Seems a lot of programs disagree with you too.

Georgia lost their 2 or 3 of best/most experienced TEs due to transfer and graduation (including one hardship transfer), so they could use him until one of their younger TEs gets coached up.

Eli has beefed up and worked on blocking but he still doesn't quite block well enough for CJPs scheme.

He's got good speed and is a good reception TE. GA has an OL that can account for a so-so blocking TE.

Also DWA is the #1 TE here and we have a bunch of TEs on scholly, so this sets the table for one of them to emerge as the next Jason Witten (fingers crossed).

So should we expect to see a pay raise in his near future when his buyout money stops? Of course assuming the offense performs well? No sarcasm here, just genuinely curious because I am not well versed in paying coaches and how those decisions are made. I am just thinking toward the future and wondering if we will have to pay him more and take from another coach/coordinator/assistant or if we will be losing him to a better paying job in a few years if he does well?
Not all buyouts are structured the same way. As I recall, when muschamp was DC at Auburn, Florida still had to pay him his full buyout compensation..

He isn't just a position coach though. He is an official CO-OC.

Like I said Chaney will have all final say so.

Tee will be there for creative input. Chaney has a tendency to get conservative.

Doesn't mean he is a babysitter. Just adding to the mix.

He will have a lot more input than anyone besides Chaney and Pruitt.
If you re hiring someone to keep your OC from being too conservative (which was what you said) then yes, you re a babysitter. He wasnt hired to do that.

Tee will have some input but this is not a situation where he has any overriding abilities over a seasoned and well respected OC.

And reportedly Chaney was huge on Tee coming and involved in getting him here.

He may just have not like Coley. I think the qb coaching responsibility was the bigger issue than the playcalling duties.

Chaney has had someone else involved in his playcalling everywhere but Pitt. It won't be new to him. He has even talked about it not being a problem in the past.

Tee had one average half a year and a couple good years. Plenty of draft picks. I wouldn't called that failed.

Seems a lot of programs disagree with you too.
So Chaney wanted Tee to help keep himself from getting too conservative? UGA was making a move not to lose Coley. In turn they run off good OC.

You trying way too hard to sell this for something not.

Reactions: tnvols72 and hexnut
If you re hiring someone to keep your OC from being too conservative (which was what you said) then yes, you re a babysitter. He wasnt hired to do that.

Tee will have some input but this is not a situation where he has any overriding abilities over a seasoned and well respected OC.
Where does me saying Chaney makes all final decisions does it imply that I'm saying Tee can override anything?

He will give his input and Chaney will use it how he sees fit.

That isn't the only reason Tee was hired. Just a benefit to have another voice.

That is all. Everyone knows the OC will make the final call. Chaney will be in charge 100%.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Where does me saying Chaney makes all final decisions does it imply that I'm saying Tee can override anything?

He will give his input and Chaney will use it how he sees fit.

That isn't the only reason Tee was hired. Just a benefit to have another voice.

That is all. Everyone knows the OC will make the final call. Chaney will be in charge 100%.
Now your second sentence is a totally different take from the one above. Giving an opinion that may not be used is not the same as keeping somebody from doing something.

Now your second sentence is a totally different take from the one above. Giving an opinion that may not be used is not the same as keeping somebody from doing something.
Ok in your feelings guy. I said in the original post Chaney makes the final call. Everyone knows that.

Maybe I should have said try instead of keep and you would have been able to handle it.

Why so sensitive?

Chaney can be conservative. Tee will give his input. Chaney welcomes it or he wouldn't be here. Chaney makes the final call.
Nothing sensitive about it. You made a silly comment that you have since walked back.

Tee is here more so for position coaching and recruiting than anything. If he gets another look at OC itll be at a lower level job first.

Ok in your feelings guy. I said in the original post Chaney makes the final call. Everyone knows that.

Maybe I should have said try instead of keep and you would have been able to handle it.

I think you said exactly what you thought.

I cant help it was silly and didnt make sense. You did get back on a better track later.

Nothing sensitive about it. You made a silly comment that you have since walked back.

Tee is here more so for position coaching and recruiting than anything. If he gets another look at OC itll be at a lower level job first.
There it goes. You still want to push the Tee can't get an OC job and he will be simply a position coach agenda.

Already had at least one SEC OC job offer. The other offers weren't finalized so he could have had more. We know he had offers. So that is a lie.

Chaney wants his input as more than a position coach. That is the only reason he is officially a Co-OC. He had success as an OC at a P5 power. Coaches respect his coaching ability.

Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.

There it goes. You still want to push the Tee can't get an OC job and he will be simply a position coach agenda.

Already had at least one SEC OC job offer. The other offers weren't finalized so he could have had more. We know he had offers. So that is a lie.

Chaney wants his input as more than a position coach. That is the only reason he is officially a Co-OC. He had success as an OC at a P5 power. Coaches respect his coaching ability.

Nothing in his job title about recruiting ? I’m confused ??

It's not a narrative it's just plain facts. He was leaving SC and everybody knew that well before the season was over and you had openings all over the country including here and that wasnt happening.

If he was that respected as an OC he would be an OC

His only legit offer at OC was Vandy or a lower tier. He decided not to take it. If he wants to be an OC he ll have to restart somewhere like that.

VN Store

Back