Tee Martin job title

$35K per year?

Haha not THAT extreme....but (I have no idea how much he actually made and am doing no research) I'm sure he probably made closer to a mil per year as the OC at USC...so maybe looking at another $300k-$500k from USC directly on top of UT pay.

Doesn't he still receive the difference between his OC pay from USC and that figure directly from USC? Probably why he accepted less pay here.

Good point. USC is a private institution, so we don't know what he made but yours and the other posters points a valid. Forgot about the USC buyout offset.

But wouldn't USC owe him a buyout? We don't have to pay him a lot for him to make a lot. I'm sure that was negotiated.
So should we expect to see a pay raise in his near future when his buyout money stops? Of course assuming the offense performs well? No sarcasm here, just genuinely curious because I am not well versed in paying coaches and how those decisions are made. I am just thinking toward the future and wondering if we will have to pay him more and take from another coach/coordinator/assistant or if we will be losing him to a better paying job in a few years if he does well?

Actually, Tee is getting the remainder of his USC salary over the next two years. Which is how long his contract is here. So don't let that 450K fool you. He's making much more than that. But glad to have him back on the hill. Starting to feel like old times here.

From "Details of Martins contract" article:

"It’s also worth noting that Martin will be receiving buyout money from USC over the next two years, which is the length of his contract with Tennessee. USC owed him the remainder of his salary on his deal with them, and they will have to pay him over the next two seasons. "

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
450 k in Tennessee is the same as a million dollars in California. I don't think he will be financially impoverished even if he has been living paycheck to paycheck all these years.

Sounds about what I thought, a couple of titles that sound good on paper but his primary focus will be recruiting and wide receivers.

Good deal got us.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Lotta hats for Tee to juggle! He will be like......

vCOWrbB.gif

Reactions: VetVol

VN Store

Back