Tee coming also?

He spurred UT twice for coaching gigs.... Pretty sure the under appreciated schtick is a full on pile of crap. It is one thing to say that, but it is absolute horse crap to say that when you had a chance two time to coach at UT and work your way up.....

I really don't care about Tee Martin. Glad he didn't get a look at head coach as he is no where near ready for it. He couldn't even handle running an offense consistently.

But to sit here and say that he felt under appreciated after spurning UT two times and then trashing UT recruits on Signing day is pure ignorance.

Dead on balls accurate. It's an industry term. If Tee comes here, it would be as a position coach only. Don't know if his butt-hurt ego could swallow that at this point in his career. But as JMS points out, he had opportunity to come here early in his career, and didn't want anything to do with it, plus his wife never wanted to come to Knoxville, as she didn't want living here to be a detriment to her singing career. LA was where it was happening! I don't know if she even has a singing career now.

Last edited:
All you butt hurt whiners just need to let it go. He's a coach. If CJP wants to offer a job, and CPF approves the hire and he accepts, then obviously he can't be in his feelings. And what pride is there to swallow? His pinacle is OC at USC in coaching. I think most whiny fans have a bigger problem with Tee than Tee has with UT.

He will end up somewhere good. He has a ton of offers. They say he is just holding out for the best OC offer.

He will end up somewhere good. He has a ton of offers. They say he is just holding out for the best OC offer.

I love Tee and hope we get lucky enough to bring him here.... but tons of offers to be OC is crazy although judging by the way the NFL is hiring anything is possible.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
I love Tee and hope we get lucky enough to bring him here.... but tons of offers to be OC is crazy although judging by the way the NFL is hiring anything is possible.
He has a ton of offers. A couple chances for an OC job, several position jobs have been offered too. Of course this is all speculation right now.

They say he his holding out because he believes he will get some more OC offers and wants to pick the best one.

I would go with the U if I was him. If offered.

Not crazy at all. For some reason our "fans" don't respect his coaching.

The other coaches, media, and players do though.

People act like there are a ton of OC candidates out there that have won NROTY, had several first round picks including a qb, with a couple high scoring P5 offenses. Not too many guys like that laying around.

All you butt hurt whiners just need to let it go. He's a coach. If CJP wants to offer a job, and CPF approves the hire and he accepts, then obviously he can't be in his feelings. And what pride is there to swallow? His pinacle is OC at USC in coaching. I think most whiny fans have a bigger problem with Tee than Tee has with UT.

This. Don't understand the hate. He is a VFL and coaching is a business. He's got to do what's right for him. Plus he was right about Jalen.

I would love to see Tee here as the WR coach and an understudy to Chaney but he should probably hold out for other OC or even HC positions elsewhere. He is a great recruiter and may come home if other opportunities don’t work out. I don’t blame him for going to USC or even staying there. I am sure he felt he was ready to be a HC at UT but Fulmer wasn’t sold last year. Now, things are different because he doesn’t have a job. Things will shake out in the next few days.

He has a ton of offers. A couple chances for an OC job, several position jobs have been offered too. Of course this is all speculation right now.

They say he his holding out because he believes he will get some more OC offers and wants to pick the best one.

I would go with the U if I was him. If offered.

Not crazy at all. For some reason our "fans" don't respect his coaching.

The other coaches, media, and players do though.

People act like there are a ton of OC candidates out there that have won NROTY, had several first round picks including a qb, with a couple high scoring P5 offenses. Not too many guys like that laying around.
Tee brought us a National Championship along with the rest of that team. I have the utmost respect and admiration for him as a player. But he has done nothing, nothing outside of being a respected recruiter to prove that he is an elite coach. If someone wants to hire him to be an ace recruiter fine, but he would have to want to do it. He doesn't! He wants to be an OC or head coach. He had talent up the wazzoo at USC and ended up getting fired. Your right I don't respect his coaching to the level that some of you do. I look at his body of work and it's just not there. I want him to be "that" coach also, but just because I want it doesn't mean crap. I have the urge to take up for him because he was a UT guy, but facts are facts. He's just not to the level. If Tee would come back here as a position coach and embrace it I would be all for it, but he won't and I don't want him here if he is simply "settling" because of lost or non-existent opportunities. I respect your opinion but it's like the Gruden thing and beating a dead horse.

Reactions: Vol524
The pressure at USC will seem elementary compared to what it will be at Miami, I suppose we will find out just how good of an OC he is.

Will it though? All I ever hear is that no one in Miami cares about college football and they have trouble filling their stadium. I can't imagine the pressure at Miami would be worse than at USC.

Reactions: k-town_king
Will it though? All I ever hear is that no one in Miami cares about college football and they have trouble filling their stadium. I can't imagine the pressure at Miami would be worse than at USC.
Theres still a big following at UM, their core fan base can be overbearing.

VN Store

Back