Team USA Basketball

Colangelo saying he's going to remember the 31 players who decommitted from team USA. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's a good precedent to set but we'll probably lose in 2020 if we don't invite/get those guys. It is pretty messed up that 85% of the guys who started this journey backed out. If we knew who really wanted in and who didn't, we could have ended up with a better group and had more reps together.

This is from 17 months ago, if you can believe it:

The 35 players represent 20 NBA teams, with NBA champion Golden State Warriors featuring four players (Curry, Durant, Green and Thompson), while the Houston Rockets (Gordon, Harden and Paul) boast of a trio of players, and nine teams feature two players, including - Boston Celtics (Hayward and Irving), Cleveland Cavaliers (James and Love), Detroit Pistons (Drummond and Griffin), Indiana Pacers (Oladipo and Turner), Los Angeles Clippers (Harris and Jordan), New Orleans Pelicans (Cousins and Davis), Oklahoma City Thunder (George and Westbrook), Portland Trail Blazers (Lillard and McCollum) and Washington Wizards (Beal and Wall).

Heard speculation that some backed out because they didn’t want bad pub from a poor finish. I think Lillard may have floated that, not sure.

My 2020 team comprised of people who didn't back out:

Conley
Booker
Butler
Jrue Holiday
Spyda
Tatum
Aaron Gordon
Kawhi (he won't do it)
KAT
Middleton
Aldridge
Mitch Robinson

Reactions: TBrown
I agree because with your list because it includes nobody that I like except Dipo and Brogdon and I hope they both turn it down.

Other than Draymond all those guys are too 25 players in the league. That is pretty good. I’m shocked Durant and Harden are gonna play.

Wanna win something brass together.

Glad Spyda turned it down. Probably a waste of his offseason if Harden and Dame are playing.

I hope they fill out the roster with guys like Bridges and Haliburton. We have enough star power and people to run the offense through.

VN Store

Back