Team back in Knoxville

It always feels like that after getting knocked out of the tournament. Rick Barnes and his staff always seem to put an exciting team together. With the transfer portal who knows? I know that everyone all over the country saw how they developed a kid from Northern Colorado into an NBA lottery pick in one season. That certainly has gotten the attention of any players that may be thinking about transferring. There are some good pieces to build around for next year. Things are looking up on Rocky Top.

I don't feel that, brother, but if you do, hey, good on you. No harm in it. I just don't know how many more years Barnes has in him, and each of the "good chance" teams we've had took a few years to put together. Maybe they'll pull it off in the portal, you could be right.

I believe ZZ was spent a bit but still played his ass off. DK played lights out, but missed some that he normally does not. This team had a great season and for not one minute should hang their heads. As bad as we may be disappointed, it pales in comparison as to how they do alongside all the coaches. I’m proud of them and what pleasure they brought throughout the season which from my prospective was a fantastic run
This! I’m disappointed. I picked us to win the entire tourney in November. This team played hard defensively, esp ZZ, which may have impacted his shooting, today. Knecht played well but missed some shots towards the end. JJJ should’ve had gotten some opportunities in second half, imo but we can’t go back in time. I’m also proud of Coach Barnes and the entire team.

40 years of sports officiating says you're off-base. You brought it up.
I’m not asking you to agree.
OK, you’re fully entitled your opinion just as I am. I’m sure the NCAA appreciates your confidence in their spotless reputation.

",,,but I don’t think the NCAA had any intention of allowing the VOLS to go any further than they did in their Big Dance....All the fault of the NCAA and here you are denying that they paid the refs.
Well, if your gonna determine games then sumbidy gon have to get paid!

Reactions: VolTull
Good perspective. I remember telling my wife after Grant and Admiral left that I will likely never see a basketball team as good as that one in Knoxville.
Yea that was the team that this years squad dethroned as CRBs best team for me. Both lost to Purdue. Uggghh

It takes talent, coaching, confidence and luck always comes into play. Bama lucky enough to draw a 7th ranked Clemson in the the 4th round while we draw number 1 ranked Purdue. Our bracket held true to the seendings, theirs didn’t.
That's right. I felt it as soon as I saw our bracket and feared it would be Eady versus Aidoo for the final 4 bid.

It takes talent, coaching, confidence and luck always comes into play. Bama lucky enough to draw a 7th ranked Clemson in the the 4th round while we draw number 1 ranked Purdue. Our bracket held true to the seendings, theirs didn’t.
I hate everything bama but they did beat their 1 seed in their bracket before getting Clemson

Reactions: Volinnooga
But, beat Kentucky in Knoxville, win a couple of tournament games in Nashville and Tennessee is probably the one seed in the West, away from Purdue, Connecticut, Houston and the better teams from the ACC, but we lost to Kentucky, we were a no show in the SEC tournament and we ended up on the other side of the Midwest bracket from Purdue and the season ended first time we faced a higher seed.

We can spin the irrelevance of those late season and tournament games all day, but this year they would have been a path to an easier Region and simpler track to the Final Four.
Committee has shown the tournament doesn’t matter except for an automatic qualifier. It didn’t matter how we played either because we weren’t rusty.

We closed out the regular season with 4 very tough games, and I didn’t see us winning all 4. We made a heck of a run just to get in the one seed conversation, and our Q1A wins were better than UNC.

Reactions: Orange.
UT bowed up against the NCAA in court and won. I’m somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, but I don’t think the NCAA had any intention of allowing the VOLS to go any further than they did in their Big Dance. Zach Edey is a hoss, but going to the line as many times as he did and only being called for 1 foul; he only sat out 33 seconds. I say NCAA had something to say about the outcome of this game.
Totally agree. I was really hoping Duke could pull it out today just to see how their game vs purdoo would be officiated.

It always feels like that after getting knocked out of the tournament. Rick Barnes and his staff always seem to put an exciting team together. With the transfer portal who knows? I know that everyone all over the country saw how they developed a kid from Northern Colorado into an NBA lottery pick in one season. That certainly has gotten the attention of any players that may be thinking about transferring. There are some good pieces to build around for next year. Things are looking up on Rocky Top.

Exactly. This program has never been in a better place, and as you said, anyone in the transfer portal or thinking about it know that a really good player came here and became a generational player and a lottery pick after one season in this program. And based on the comments DK made today regarding his time here and Coach Barnes, a lot of kids and their parents should be looking at UT as a place to get to the next level.

Having a returning core including leaders like ZZ and Shack, and a bunch of promising young guys, the sky's the limit for UT basketball.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Vol Nation is the best. Its sad that the handful of trolls stick out and paint us bad. 99.9% of this fan base is extremely proud and thankful for what we were privileged to witness this year. We have the 5th longest NCAA tournament streak in the nation, we have the SEC regular season championship, the SEC Defensive Player of the Year, and the SEC Player of the Year and an All American. We played arguably the nation's hardest schedule, and survived. If we would have won one more game, we likely would have been a #1 seed, and who knows where we would have ended up?

Thankful to JJJ and Santi for sticking around when they could have left. Thankful to Knecht for trusting us to get him in the best position for an NBA career. And thankful to every young man who chose and still chooses to play for the Big Orange. I hope this team gets to work and continues to improve, adds some pieces, and is right back next year.

UT bowed up against the NCAA in court and won. I’m somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, but I don’t think the NCAA had any intention of allowing the VOLS to go any further than they did in their Big Dance. Zach Edey is a hoss, but going to the line as many times as he did and only being called for 1 foul; he only sat out 33 seconds. I say NCAA had something to say about the outcome of this game.

My personal theory is more that the network wants UConn vs Purdue in the final because people want to see how UConn’s center matches up with Edey. I’ll be curious to see how the game is called against NC State this weekend.

As for UConn/Bama, I’d be shocked if UConn doesn’t run away with it and if Bama wins, as much as I hate them, they earned it.

Look at UTs path last season to prove the poster's point.

We can hang yet another "almost did it" banner. For the life of me, Ill NEVER understand why actually winning in this tournament is so hard for us. Bama in the FF? Really? We are simply cursed when it comes to winning NC's in anything. Softball, baseball, basketball, tennis... anything. No matter how much talent we have or how great our coaches may be. All of ours were used up by the LV's, I guess.
We didn't get to play Clemson

But, beat Kentucky in Knoxville, win a couple of tournament games in Nashville and Tennessee is probably the one seed in the West, away from Purdue, Connecticut, Houston and the better teams from the ACC, but we lost to Kentucky, we were a no show in the SEC tournament and we ended up on the other side of the Midwest bracket from Purdue and the season ended first time we faced a higher seed.

We can spin the irrelevance of those late season and tournament games all day, but this year they would have been a path to an easier Region and simpler track to the Final Four.
Hindsight is truly a remarkable thing

We can hang yet another "almost did it" banner. For the life of me, Ill NEVER understand why actually winning in this tournament is so hard for us. Bama in the FF? Really? We are simply cursed when it comes to winning NC's in anything. Softball, baseball, basketball, tennis... anything. No matter how much talent we have or how great our coaches may be. All of ours were used up by the LV's, I guess.

O, good and kind Sir, please inform the rest of us mere mortals how it feels to achieve every goal you have ever set for yourself in life and to achieve absolute dominance in your chosen career path.

Just when I think VoNation has achieved peak dumba** ... One of you guys steps up and says, "Hold my beer!"

My thoughts exactly. Damn lucky Alabama gets a FF handed to them. OH well, UCONN will destroy the ct. Already 12 point favorites.

VN Store

Back