Team back in Knoxville

We can hang yet another "almost did it" banner. For the life of me, Ill NEVER understand why actually winning in this tournament is so hard for us. Bama in the FF? Really? We are simply cursed when it comes to winning NC's in anything. Softball, baseball, basketball, tennis... anything. No matter how much talent we have or how great our coaches may be. All of ours were used up by the LV's, I guess.

We can hang yet another "almost did it" banner. For the life of me, Ill NEVER understand why actually winning in this tournament is so hard for us. Bama in the FF? Really? We are simply cursed when it comes to winning NC's in anything. Softball, baseball, basketball, tennis... anything. No matter how much talent we have or how great our coaches may be. All of ours were used up by the LV's, I guess.
It takes talent, coaching, confidence and luck always comes into play. Bama lucky enough to draw a 7th ranked Clemson in the the 4th round while we draw number 1 ranked Purdue. Our bracket held true to the seendings, theirs didn’t.

Last edited:
I get how you feel. However, there was a recent time when we couldn’t complete in any of the big sports. Now we have Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Softball knocking on the door.

I get how you feel. However, there was a recent time when we couldn’t complete in any of the big sports. Now we have Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Softball knocking on the door.
Not worth commenting on… posters like that don’t care about the context of anything only the result and they troll just because they have nothing better to do in life…it’s sad honestly

It takes talent, coaching, confidence and luck always comes into play. Bama lucky enough to draw a 7th ranked Clemson in the the 4th round while we draw number 1 ranked Purdue. Our bracket held true to the servings, theirs didn’t.
Clemson isn’t ranked. They only got five votes in the last AP Top 25 of the regular season. If you’re talking about their seed, they were the #6 seed in the West Region.

Yeah. Im just too old now to waste so much of my energy on it. I think my "give a ****" meter is about out. Its neen a helluva ride. Lots of wins and some disastrous losses. But Im glad I'm a Vol. And Ill die a Vol.

Not worth commenting on… posters like that don’t care about the context of anything only the result and they troll just because they have nothing better to do in life…it’s sad honestly
True. Starting around 2008 we disappeared in sports.

But, beat Kentucky in Knoxville, win a couple of tournament games in Nashville and Tennessee is probably the one seed in the West, away from Purdue, Connecticut, Houston and the better teams from the ACC, but we lost to Kentucky, we were a no show in the SEC tournament and we ended up on the other side of the Midwest bracket from Purdue and the season ended first time we faced a higher seed.

We can spin the irrelevance of those late season and tournament games all day, but this year they would have been a path to an easier Region and simpler track to the Final Four.

Almost as hard as getting quality posts on this website

Yes.

But, beat Kentucky in Knoxville, win a couple of tournament games in Nashville and Tennessee is probably the one seed in the West, away from Purdue, Connecticut, Houston and the better teams from the ACC, but we lost to Kentucky, we were a no show in the SEC tournament and we ended up on the other side of the Midwest bracket from Purdue and the season ended first time we faced a higher seed.

We can spin the irrelevance of those late season and tournament games all day, but this year they would have been a path to an easier Region and simpler track to the Final Four.
Agree.

UT bowed up against the NCAA in court and won. I’m somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, but I don’t think the NCAA had any intention of allowing the VOLS to go any further than they did in their Big Dance. Zach Edey is a hoss, but going to the line as many times as he did and only being called for 1 foul; he only sat out 33 seconds. I say NCAA had something to say about the outcome of this game.

Because random luck is a huge factor in all of that. Exhibit A is Stoerner’s fumble.

UT bowed up against the NCAA in court and won. I’m somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, but I don’t think the NCAA had any intention of allowing the VOLS to go any further than they did in their Big Dance.
So they paid the refs? Be clear, this is great stuff you got going here.

Reactions: livefaith
Clemson isn’t ranked. They only got five votes in the last AP Top 25 of the regular season. If you’re talking about their seed, they were the #6 seed in the West Region.
Everybody but a few knew what he meant 6 seed 7 seed not much different but definitely better than playing a 1 seed.

My favorites are the ones that give out "pro" medical advice. McLuv It! Our guys did great and our student athletes have done a tremendous job representing the University of Tennessee. Go VOLS!

Yeah. Im just too old now to waste so much of my energy on it. I think my "give a ****" meter is about out. Its neen a helluva ride. Lots of wins and some disastrous losses. But Im glad I'm a Vol. And Ill die a Vol.
You shouldn't have such a defeatist mentality. This team played hard and just ran up against a freak center that we couldn't stop. I would love to see them make a final 4, but really, don't think anyone is going to take down UCONN.

VN Store

Back