Teacher tells kids Santa isn’t real

On the opposite end of the spectrum, my 6 year old nephew doesn't believe in Santa because he's not in the bible. Yeah, my SIL is a bible thumping fruitcake.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, my 6 year old nephew doesn't believe in Santa because he's not in the bible. Yeah, my SIL is a bible thumping fruitcake.

Why not let kids be kids and enjoy childhood as long as possible . Kids don’t think like that when they are young unless parents or other adults teach them to . You can teach the Bible and have Santa until they are old enough to not believe in Santa . The world is waiting to set them “ right “ and destroy their dreams when they are older so why not let them be kids . That’s the problem I would have with this teacher if she was teaching my kids .

Why not let kids be kids and enjoy childhood as long as possible . Kids don’t think like that when they are young unless parents or other adults teach them to . You can teach the Bible and have Santa until they are old enough to not believe in Santa . The world is waiting to set them “ right “ and destroy their dreams when they are older so why not let them be kids . That’s the problem I would have with this teacher if she was teaching my kids .

My SIL is also a teacher.

But I agree, what's the harm in letting them have some make-believe while their young. Life will kick them in the nuts soon enough. Especially if they're UT fans.

My SIL is also a teacher.

But I agree, what's the harm in letting them have some make-believe while their young. Life will kick them in the nuts soon enough. Especially if they're UT fans.

Is Telling Kids Santa Claus Is Real a Bad Idea?

Why It's OK for Kids to Believe in Santa Claus

I think that once a kid starts asking adults whether something is real or not, the adults have a duty to be honest. I think you do a disservice to anyone by telling them what they want to hear versus what they need to hear.

I think that once a kid starts asking adults whether something is real or not, the adults have a duty to be honest. I think you do a disservice to anyone by telling them what they want to hear versus what they need to hear.

How many kids lives have been ruined by letting them believe in Santa or the Easter bunny ? There’s plenty of time for them to be grown ups , let them be kids as long as possible .

How many kids lives have been ruined by letting them believe in Santa or the Easter bunny ? There’s plenty of time for them to be grown ups , let them be kids as long as possible .

You're right, what could go wrong when teaching children to believe in magical beings who reward or punish them based on arbitrary standards of good or bad.

You're right, what could go wrong when teaching children to believe in magical beings who reward or punish them based on arbitrary standards of good or bad.

Someone doesn’t get it.

That’s fine, but leave that to the parents. The teacher could also explain that Fido didn’t get sent to a farm upstate too, if my kids are going to be crushed I’d like to be doing the crushing.

VN Store

Back