Tbh Kellie...

You can drive a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You can take some great talents that are hardheaded or too self centered to get to and never have them 'fit in" to a team. They may not show these faults openly (or even realize them themselves) but just the same, you can never get through to them. To me this is the one part of recruiting that sets some coaches apart from the pack. For our current coach, TIME WILL TELL (as is usually the case with any change in direction for any endeavor)

Ever see the horse whisperer

In other news, the 15 finalists for the Wooden award:

Ducks' Ionescu headlines 15 finalists for Wooden

Funny thing - I remember reading about Ionescu's big night against Stanford, so I checked out the highlight clip on Youtube. She traveled more than a few times, some of them really obvious, too. Not that women's refs are considered best in show or anything, but I found it interesting how often she took extra steps. She's still good, I'm not denying that, but it was funny to watch her take 4 and 5 steps without so much as a peep from the officials -- multiple times, in one game. Anyway.

Reactions: Sportslady
Funny thing - I remember reading about Ionescu's big night against Stanford, so I checked out the highlight clip on Youtube. She traveled more than a few times, some of them really obvious, too. Not that women's refs are considered best in show or anything, but I found it interesting how often she took extra steps. She's still good, I'm not denying that, but it was funny to watch her take 4 and 5 steps without so much as a peep from the officials -- multiple times, in one game. Anyway.

Ah, the old "Euro-step(s)."

Usually taken while driving down the left side of the lane.

Reactions: Bret178 and Chippo
I could have spent a night at a Holiday Inn Express but was too cheap. Big mistake!!!! Quality inn was terrible......... ihatemenow

I think it's cool that people used to bowl on our hardwood floors back in the day.

Of course, I also think it's cool that an entire conference named itself after our iconic coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
Everyone does realize this team was not a preseason top 25 pick and that our conference pick was 6 then we lost our most valuable player in Zaye. It was frustrating to watch the constant turnover and pouting when one made a bad play but I can assure you that Coach was as well and I'm glad she showed patience with this group because she doesn't need to run off some future potential in Keys Horston or have Davis grad transfer because next year we would be Ole miss. I want the turnaround to be quickly but I know I need to be patient as well. GBO. In CHRIST Alone.

Setting records of big margin of losses to Stanford and Kentucky means the current head coach is worse than Holly.

Setting records of big margin of losses to Stanford and Kentucky means the current head coach is worse than Holly.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Chippo and Lucy
has done a great job with this team this year. Yes, I said it. Imagine any other program losing 80% of their scoring and rebounds and winning 21 games tying for 3rd in the SEC (or their conference) the next year. What I love is we have examples of what the Lady Vols could have been elsewhere in the country (aka Notre Dame). I could only imagine if some of you all were Irish fans. True we didn’t get the BIG WIN this year (yet), but we showed a level of consistency uncommon for Lady Vols play the past few years. I like where this team is headed and from the looks of this year WATCH OUT for us next year.
agree but we hardly played ND schedule either, and returned Davis and Massengale, Brown. We started with a total cupcake schedule to gel

I have to say I am not a fan of spouses working together. Kind of hard to fire the underperformer if you have to eat breakfast with them.

Great point. I actually said it from beginning that I can never work with my wife especially when she's my boss.

VN Store

Back