Tbh Kellie...

I believe Kellie has got this! She can do it. But she needs the same freedom other coaches have, of not having her husband sitting next to her every minute telling her what to do. It has gotten worse as the year progressed. Observe for yourself!
I have to say I am not a fan of spouses working together. Kind of hard to fire the underperformer if you have to eat breakfast with them.

Darby and Salary > Lou and Kam for shooting

...Lou did have a great start against Ky tho

Darby & Salary will help and be a big reason why we will be a lot better next season. A healthy Green & Salary give us 6 athletic guards (we have 4 but they got wore down by seasons end.) this alone is a huge deal!

Darby will be a lot better version of Lou. We never saw a healthy Lou, but she really hurt us on the defensive end. She just couldnā€™t move. Darby will shoot it better, is a smart player like Lou, but will be able to move better on the defensive end.

Kam is a great young lady, but was a third string post for a reason. We need Key to really develop her post skills, hands, and strength. We really need to get a good post player from the portal or through grad transfer.

We are really close to taking a step up into the Top 15 next season, which sets us up to being a Top 10 program in Harperā€™s 3rd season. Would you be happy with that???

Darby & Salary will help and be a big reason why we will be a lot better next season. A healthy Green & Salary give us 6 athletic guards (we have 4 but they got wore down by seasons end.) this alone is a huge deal!

Darby will be a lot better version of Lou. We never saw a healthy Lou, but she really hurt us on the defensive end. She just couldnā€™t move. Darby will shoot it better, is a smart player like Lou, but will be able to move better on the defensive end.

Kam is a great young lady, but was a third string post for a reason. We need Key to really develop her post skills, hands, and strength. We really need to get a good post player from the portal or through grad transfer.

We are really close to taking a step up into the Top 15 next season, which sets us up to being a Top 10 program in Harperā€™s 3rd season. Would you be happy with that???
Dont tell volmannc....

Reactions: Real Info
WUT? Yall are crazy as ****!! KJH has done ZERO with this team! Good God. They look NO better than last year. Sounds like the LV mafia is getting in defense mode already. Remember... its YOUR fault we couldn't hire a REAL coach after Pat. Congrats!! This is what we get. We are LA Tech!

WUT? Yall are crazy as ****!! KJH has done ZERO with this team! Good God. They look NO better than last year. Sounds like the LV mafia is getting in defense mode already. Remember... its YOUR fault we couldn't hire a REAL coach after Pat. Congrats!! This is what we get. We are LA Tech!
Someone big mad šŸ˜”šŸ¤”

Last edited:
I truly believe this team overachieved with the players we had. If thatā€™s average (for our standard) Iā€™ll take it because this may be the most average team the Lady Vols have ever fielded.

Overachieved how? By not having any awful losses like last year? A "great" job IMO would have been pulling off an impressive win or two they weren't "supposed" to get. A "great" job isn't simply meeting expectations...

Overachieved how? By not having any awful losses like last year? A "great" job IMO would have been pulling off an impressive win or two they weren't "supposed" to get. A "great" job isn't simply meeting expectations...
I think I addressed this point. I just see how easily it couldā€™ve gone bad. I take that W, I said I know it not your typical LV standard but this isnā€™t a typical LV situation. But I get your point

May the rest of us presume that you're using the term "we" in the royal sense?

Reactions: Smallvol#1
You can drive a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You can take some great talents that are hardheaded or too self centered to get to and never have them 'fit in" to a team. They may not show these faults openly (or even realize them themselves) but just the same, you can never get through to them. To me this is the one part of recruiting that sets some coaches apart from the pack. For our current coach, TIME WILL TELL (as is usually the case with any change in direction for any endeavor)

Like in a horse trailer?

I don't doubt that our Bigs will be greatly improved (or gone) by next season. They have strengths that can be enhanced, and weaknesses that can be alleviated. If neither happens, any or all of the Coach Kellie critics will certainly be at the ready.
All of them need to improve footwork and passing/catching abilities; that's obvious.
There's one very interesting thing (that I've noticed) about Tamari Key: for someone who is so bad, she often draws double, even triple teams almost every time she touches the ball. Being a little quicker to move toward the basket and shoot, or quickly pass back out will enhance her game, while allowing for better looks for the inlet passer and other teammates.
These "weaknesses" aren't nearly as bad or unfixable as most appear to think. Just faster decision-making, and more-effecient ball and player movement in general, will go a long way in making us a better offensive team.
You are the one that said Key was better than Boston......

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back