Talking Watches with Volnation

BUMP

I picked up a dress watch. It's a cheap Timex Easy Reader to go with my suit in court.
View attachment 368292

But, buying a watch always makes me want another. Since I was frugal, and bought a $40 Timex that does the job when I'm rubbing shoulders with the unwashed set of folks my job introduces me to. I feel like I should treat myself to something a little better. So....

How does everyone feel about Seiko vs Citizen vs Orient? My first thought was Seiko, but Citizen makes some good looking time pieces, and my research into that lead me to Orient as a contender. Any opinions on the subject would be appreciated.
I have been a Seiko wearer exclusively for about 30 years now. Beautiful style and quality craftsmanship. I am probably going to get an Orient eventually as they jus have some really unique things you can’t get anywhere else for the price. I really have my eye on their Polaris GMT. An automatic GMT for under $500 is too good to pass up. I think they use a lot of the same movements as Seikos and I keep seeing great reviewsCEBA8FBD-7C34-43EE-B2B5-3683D986B931.jpeg

I have been a Seiko wearer exclusively for about 30 years now. Beautiful style and quality craftsmanship. I am probably going to get an Orient eventually as they jus have some really unique things you can’t get anywhere else for the price. I really have my eye on their Polaris GMT. An automatic GMT for under $500 is too good to pass up. I think they use a lot of the same movements as Seikos and I keep seeing great reviewsView attachment 376781
My price range is s little lower. But,I've found several Orient watches I like since I last posted. The neo 70s in particular.
712aMydx8wL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Reactions: volmanbill and MAD
I really like this watch. I wasn't familiar with the brand, but it would be high on my list next time I'm looking...
They make limited runs of automatic dive watches that range from classic designs to very modern. This is the second Ocean Crawler I have owned and I wouldn't hesitate to get another. Swiss movement and extremely well built and finished.

Another unique watch I'm really proud of is my Depancel [Re]naissance 24H auto. Depancel is a French watch company that makes racing inspired automatic watches.
Depancel-Renaissance-24H-Automatic-watch-1.jpg

So I needed something with a brown band to go with khakis and a polo. That's my typical dress when I don't have to be in court at work. The wife would kill me if I spent another couple hundos on another watch, this fast. Other than my new Seiko, my favorite watch is my grey and orange Timex Expedition. So I picked this up.
20210706_170041.jpg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back