Talk to us about (version 8.0)

1998 Arkansas game. I'll never forget the emotions from so low to so high in an instant. My ears were ringing for the next couple days it was so loud.
Same for me! I’ve been to many VERY memorable games, but that game solidified that entire season, we was definitely a team of fate in 98. I’ll never forget we went to a bar on the strip afterwards and there was a pond on the floor that drained off of us. When we scored to seal the game, Neyland was so loud, it seemed dead silent to me.

(author's note: I just realized that it's been 8 weeks of me doing these threads, and I'm kinda astonished that nobody's told me to knock it off yet. I'll keep doing 'em as long as y'all will have me.)

This thread's been one of those that's been banging around in my head since I started this thing. I think all of us here have that one particular game that stands out in our memory. Whether it's inside our beloved Neyland; or at one of the lesser stadiums that our opponents call home, any chance to watch a Tennessee football game is a welcome experience.

My personal favorite game I've ever been in attendance for took place on Saturday, October 26, 1996. The hated, despised, and reviled Crimson Tide came into town #1 in the nation and touting the nation's #1 defense. 17-year-old DeusExMachina was firmly entrenched in Section V and watched an absolute slugfest for 57 minutes and change. I thought, like many others, that we were going to get extra football that day.....but Jay Graham had other ideas. To date, the noise on that 79-yard run is the absolute loudest I've ever personally heard Neyland. I legitimately thought that the stadium was going to come down.....but as always, it didn't. There was a bit of a scare shortly thereafter, but our Vols showed the Tide that they weren't the only ones that could play defense.

So let's hear it. Talk to us about your personal favorite Tennessee game (home or away, doesn't matter) that you attended. Oh, and if you were at the National Championship or the Miracle at South Bend game.....that's just showing off, hahahahahahaha.

in order of favs..

1991 Notre Dame
1982 Alabama
1985 Miami
1985 Auburn
2001 Florida
1998 Florida
1995 Alabama
1992 Florida
1983 Alabama
1990 Notre Dame
1989 Arkansas
2006 Georgia
2003 Miami
1974 UCLA

Arkansas '98, with my 14 year-old son.. It was a surreal day, starting with visiting TennStud and his entourage at the Days Inn. We then attended the Vol Walk. As the players came by, I said to my son, "did you see Al Wilson!" The guy next to me said, "yeah, he scared the he!! out of me!" We then moved onto the SW concourse. At light misty rain was falling as we watched the Pride of the Southland band playing outside the stadium--sent chills up your spine. We went to our seats in the north end zone were a young couple approached us and asked if we would exchange seats with them so they could sit with their friends. Their seats were front row upper deck at about the 45 yd. line! Best seats I've ever had at a sporting event. Then, we witnessed the greatest football game I've ever attended.

‘98 Florida in Neyland - I’ll never forget the smoking hot girl standing in front of me turned around and kissed me right on the lips when that field goal missed- I looked back up and the goalposts were already half down.
‘98 at Georgia was a damn fun day too.
2002 at ND was a great memory.
‘97 SEC champ game- Peyton -great memory.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
98 Fiesta Bowl, 86 Sugar Bowl, the Miracle at South Bend, Bama this season all stand out, but my favorite Vol game was the 2015 Western Carolina game. My oldest daughter and her DMS Dance teammates got to perform on field pregame. Meant more to me than to her.

Reactions: DeusExMachina

VN Store

Back