Talk to us about (version 11)

when Dale ran it back, there was a whole generation of fans that didnt know anything about Dickey's departure.
Agree with ya there…..but my family’s dislike started in ‘69 with Dick left. I mean Dickey left;)

Agree with ya there…..but my family’s dislike started in ‘69 with Dick left. I mean Dickey left;)
ya know, my dad had a grudge against alot of people in that era. Muhammad Ali, Walter Cronkite, Jane Fonda, etc.... but he never said anything negative against Dickey and leaving. Not sure why.

Reactions: peaygolf
when Dale ran it back, there was a whole generation of fans that didnt know anything about Dickey's departure.
I’m 45 so that was 9 years before I was born but I knew all about it . The reason I did was because when I started regularly attending games with my grandparents in the late 80’s I asked my grandfather why a large portion of the crowd @ Neyland always boo’d
DAD every time he stepped on the field and was introduced by Bobby Denton.

“Ladies and gentlemen please direct your attention to mid field where esteemed AD Doug Dickey will present a check to the orphaned children of shark attacks in the amount of 8 billion dollars …….. (BOOOOOOOOO!!! as a bottle of Dickel goes
whizzing past my head thrown by my grandmother )

A guy that could play in any era.
Only WR that I've seen beat Dale Carter from a talent standpoint was Randy Moss. And Carter already had some age on him then.

Complete player. Could tackle big backs and cover big or fast WRs.
The most versatile player we've ever had possibly. 2nd best overall player on defense next to Eric Berry

VN Store

Back