Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.7%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.8%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 58 34.3%

• Total voters
lol. one planned pipeline through Afghanistan isn't what I would call "building infrastructure". let me know when its actually built.
A lot more than we did in 20 years over there. WTF did we build over there?

I do know we bombed some weddings parties and shipped opioids/heroine to the US & EU via Turkiye, though.

A lot more than we did in 20 years over there. WTF did we build over there?

I do know we bombed some weddings parties and shipped opioids/heroine to the US & EU via Turkiye, though.
under US occupation they doubled their production of wheat. Repaired or built 300k hectares of canals, water treatment/collection ponds, and other irrigation items. under our occupation the number dependent on food aid fell to less than a quarter it was than before. repaired almost 8k kms of roads, including bridges, retaining walls and the like. school enrollment and employment almost quadrupled. more than 100 hospitals or clinics were either built or repaired.

we also trippled the length of rail lines. improving the existing soviet line to Turkmenistan. building a connection with Iran, and finishing a rail line that connects to Tajikistan. we also started a second line into Iran that was finished at the start of '24 by Iran. and also got a rail line started that eventually connects to one of China's ports, but wasn't finished when we left.

Depending on if you believe in GDP numbers, that also went up 10x, moving them from the 160s into the 120s, since we left they have already dropped back to #137. Their international exports peaked in 2018, and are back down to being super low now. their imports were also dramatically up; including all the US spending the amount of foreign aid was reduced by half by the time Covid hit.

its easy to hate when you don't even do any basic homework on the matter.

under US occupation they doubled their production of wheat. Repaired or built 300k hectares of canals, water treatment/collection ponds, and other irrigation items. under our occupation the number dependent on food aid fell to less than a quarter it was than before. repaired almost 8k kms of roads, including bridges, retaining walls and the like. school enrollment and employment almost quadrupled. more than 100 hospitals or clinics were either built or repaired.

we also trippled the length of rail lines. improving the existing soviet line to Turkmenistan. building a connection with Iran, and finishing a rail line that connects to Tajikistan. we also started a second line into Iran that was finished at the start of '24 by Iran. and also got a rail line started that eventually connects to one of China's ports, but wasn't finished when we left.

Depending on if you believe in GDP numbers, that also went up 10x, moving them from the 160s into the 120s, since we left they have already dropped back to #137. Their international exports peaked in 2018, and are back down to being super low now. their imports were also dramatically up; including all the US spending the amount of foreign aid was reduced by half by the time Covid hit.

its easy to hate when you don't even do any basic homework on the matter.
Link?

Peppermint Patty not in a talkative mood on this subject ...

From the article:

“It is troubling,” McCaul wrote Tuesday, “that Ms. Psaki seeks to profit off the Afghanistan tragedy, and has felt comfortable writing accounts and making them available to the general public, but refuses to make herself available to Congress, the branch dedicated to representing the interest and will of the American people.”

Reactions: StarRaider
The USA needs to keep their nose out of other people's business, and leave them alone. If they want to slaughter themselves, let them. We got plenty of third world level shyte right here at home to deal with.

Reactions: LibertyVol
The USA needs to keep their nose out of other people's business, and leave them alone. If they want to slaughter themselves, let them. We got plenty of third world level shyte right here at home to deal with.
It is our business. We still have people over there that were abandoned by this administration a few years ago.

I’m also enjoying the lecture from our resident comrade on what should and shouldn’t have been done in Afghanistan of all places. Not like we just went in there for no reason like other nations.

^^^ should have shot every one of them in the head on sight.

Barack Obama is the one who made the deals to give Afghanistan back to the Taliban. An organization we absolutely annhilated in 3 weeks... then wasted decades dicking around over there so the MIC could get rich. We now send 40 million dollars a week to the taliban from Bidens administration. Barry and Biden are the cancerous tumor on the ass of humanity. This CIA targeter can tell you all about it.

Btw...when the Banghazi Embassy AND CIA annex were under attack killing the Ambassador and several others...Barry and Mike Obama couldnt be bothered with it. They flew out to meet JayZ and Beyonce for her concert in Vegas. With a US Embassy under attack.

It is our business. We still have people over there that were abandoned by this administration a few years ago.

I’m also enjoying the lecture from our resident comrade on what should and shouldn’t have been done in Afghanistan of all places. Not like we just went in there for no reason like other nations.
No it's not. We shouldn't have gone over there in the first place. The USA has a long history poking its nose where it doesn't belong.
Trumped-up war with the Nipponese and Korea to force them to engage in one-sided trade deals. Tried the same thing with the Chinese to force acceptance of Christianity, unfair trading, and basically colonization of their country. Korean War post WWII. Vietnam, Bay of Pigs, the lie that led to both Iraq Wars, etc. Not to mention the rape of African nations. And that's why long simmering resentment towards the USA is becoming more openly brazen, and will get worse. It's showing up in Greece, Turkey, some of the Hispanic countries. The Chinese and Russians are exploiting this underlying, but growing, resentment. But we're still too dense to either change our policy, or just go home and let them rot. The mess is not solely Obama, Biden, Bush, etc. We have always presumed to be the boss of whoever we could boss around at any given time. The price of that attitude and behavior is costing us ever more now.

Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyVol

Barack Obama is the one who made the deals to give Afghanistan back to the Taliban. An organization we absolutely annhilated in 3 weeks... then wasted decades dicking around over there so the MIC could get rich. We now send 40 million dollars a week to the taliban from Bidens administration. Barry and Biden are the cancerous tumor on the ass of humanity. This CIA targeter can tell you all about it.

Btw...when the Banghazi Embassy AND CIA annex were under attack killing the Ambassador and several others...Barry and Mike Obama couldnt be bothered with it. They flew out to meet JayZ and Beyonce for her concert in Vegas. With a US Embassy under attack.

This same interview that CIA targeter talks about Kabul being flooded w/ al Qaeda much like in the early 2000s.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

We spent 20 years in Afghanistan and the majority of that was under a republican potus. We should have finished the job in late 2001 and been home on early 2002. Still being there almost 7yrs later when Obama entered the WH is a major failure of the republican leaders. The taliban were never the real goal until we found out the war could be prolonged by making them the enemy.

No it's not. We shouldn't have gone over there in the first place. The USA has a long history poking its nose where it doesn't belong.
Trumped-up war with the Nipponese and Korea to force them to engage in one-sided trade deals. Tried the same thing with the Chinese to force acceptance of Christianity, unfair trading, and basically colonization of their country. Korean War post WWII. Vietnam, Bay of Pigs, the lie that led to both Iraq Wars, etc. Not to mention the rape of African nations. And that's why long simmering resentment towards the USA is becoming more openly brazen, and will get worse. It's showing up in Greece, Turkey, some of the Hispanic countries. The Chinese and Russians are exploiting this underlying, but growing, resentment. But we're still too dense to either change our policy, or just go home and let them rot. The mess is not solely Obama, Biden, Bush, etc. We have always presumed to be the boss of whoever we could boss around at any given time. The price of that attitude and behavior is costing us ever more now.
We’re certainly far from perfect. That said, I guess we’re the only ones that have ever done anything like that right? Do you hold everyone else in contempt the way you do the US? This thread is/was on the topic of the Taliban. The same Taliban that harbored Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, where the 9/11 attacks were mostly planned. I don’t recall the Soviets being attacked by the Afghanis in the 80’s, but they just went in there and killed everybody. Who rose to fame during that war? UBL. Yeah we financed them to shoot down helicopters and kill Russians, we’re doing the same thing now in Ukraine. There are unintended consequences in everything we do. Please stop pretending like everything is our fault.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
We’re certainly far from perfect. That said, I guess we’re the only ones that have ever done anything like that right? Do you hold everyone else in contempt the way you do the US? This thread is/was on the topic of the Taliban. The same Taliban that harbored Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, where the 9/11 attacks were mostly planned. I don’t recall the Soviets being attacked by the Afghanis in the 80’s, but they just went in there and killed everybody. Who rose to fame during that war? UBL. Yeah we financed them to shoot down helicopters and kill Russians, we’re doing the same thing now in Ukraine. There are unintended consequences in everything we do. Please stop pretending like everything is our fault.
Got it, your justification for our meddling in other countries' affairs is based on whataboutism AKA, two wrongs make a right. It's OK, I'm well aware that human stupidity, greed, hate, exploitation, and power infects all nations.. And they all employ your whataboutism AKA, two wrongs make a right. Minding ones own business just doesn't factor. Which also powers the rise of social bullies called Karens. Stupid is as stupid does, you know.

Got it, your justification for our meddling in other countries' affairs is based on whataboutism AKA, two wrongs make a right. It's OK, I'm well aware that human stupidity, greed, hate, exploitation, and power infects all nations.. And they all employ your whataboutism AKA, two wrongs make a right. Minding ones own business just doesn't factor. Which also powers the rise of social bullies called Karens. Stupid is as stupid does, you know.
Minding our own business and burying our head in the sand has always worked out so well for us and the rest of the world . I think Yesterday is a helluva good reminder of what can happen when you let things spiral out of control and IMO has shaped how we’ve handled conflict for the past 80+ years. I’ve already pointed out that we are far from perfect and that there have been unnecessary wars fought. Vietnam being the most obvious and costly in terms human life. I don’t think the 2003 Iraq was necessary and I think the nation building idea in Afghanistan was terrible. I also think the way we left Afghanistan was terrible given that everyone with a brain could see the entire country was falling to Taliban takeover during our draw down. Regardless if we should’ve been there or not, we were there and we completely botched the exit and we left our people out to dry. We should never have given up Bagram either, along with allowing the Chinese to come in scoop up the lithium mines. The level of incompetence of the withdrawal is staggering.

I do enjoy the irony of you always calling Trump a nazi or fascist or whatever the buzz word that is spoon fed through the media to masses and yet there were no new wars during his watch. The world wasn’t constantly in chaos and massively unstable as it has been for the past few years during the current administration.

The US is consistently at the mercy of extremely limited vision of its foreign policy. No one can think beyond a couple of years because anything more could mean someone else gets the political credit. Same idea happens with nuke plants, refineries, etc.

There was no defined end. What was the goal in Afg - AQ, OBL, Taliban? Or was it simply a wonderful opportunity pounced on by ruthless, greedy people with great govt connections? Why was a 3mo operation able to be dragged out for 2 decades?

The US is consistently at the mercy of extremely limited vision of its foreign policy. No one can think beyond a couple of years because anything more could mean someone else gets the political credit. Same idea happens with nuke plants, refineries, etc.

There was no defined end. What was the goal in Afg - AQ, OBL, Taliban? Or was it simply a wonderful opportunity pounced on by ruthless, greedy people with great govt connections? Why was a 3mo operation able to be dragged out for 2 decades?
I completely agree. There wasn’t really a definitive exit plan. I feel like the plan was to kill bin Laden in late 2001 and when he fled to the tribal areas of Pakistan we just kind of hung out because we didn’t want him to comeback. The biggest question/ problem I have about the early stages of that war was how we let the Northern Alliance take point on his capture on Tora Bora. We had him. He knew we had him. If we let Delta Teams supported by Rangers go get him it was over and they were all in place to do so. But we didn’t, and I’ve never heard a decent explanation as to why. Maybe like you said it would’ve negated big corporations w/ government ties from establishing itself for the long term and becoming extremely profitable there. I have no explanation on what happened from 02-21. My only thought was that we kicked the hornets nest in Iraq and brought out/created a bunch of new crazies and we were stuck in Afghanistan bc our resources were mostly in Iraq and we couldn’t politically risk losing the country w/o killing bin Laden.

VN Store

Back