Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.8%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 57 33.9%

• Total voters

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
Mapping the advance of the Taliban in Afghanistan

Personally I don't care what happens there or any other crap hole in that part of the world. It's a damn shame that we wasted trillions of dollars and killed and mutilated thousands of soldiers for nothing.

The UN seems to be upset over it, so why don't they do something about it?

Nope. We lost too many soldiers and trillions of dollars. It's an exercise in stupidity. Has been forever.

This is the "new" Taliban. They're more sensitive to the rights of women, etc. At least so the media tells me.

The Taliban head for the hills and wait it out strategy seems to have worked. I'd probably have maintained an air presence there. I think the threat of that would kept the taliban at bay indefinitely with small risk to our troops

Pretty soon, all our straight pedophiles will have a place to go, non-straight too but they might not be happy....

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No, in this case it's that we leave. Two decades and it's still going to look the same once we leave. It was a complete waste
We helped them outlast the Russians then they turned around and outlasted us. We can’t be the world’s moral police. Help those who try to fight against tyranny and send humanitarian aid to the rest. JMO, TIFWIW, AARP

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We didn't have the resolve or ability to do what needed to be done in the mountainous region. Feign withdrawal, let the Taliban come out of their hiding holes, then sweep in and carpet bomb them to Kingdom come.

But for the entire country it all comes down to the people wanting to change. We offered and set up a democratic republic government for them to take control of, but tribalism is too cooked into their DNA. Until the rank and file citizens of Afghanistan decide they're tired of it enough to do the gruntwork themselves, they will stay under the thumb of religious totalitarianism.

VN Store

Back