Taggart out at FSU

Fleck agrees to a 7 year extension at Minnesota

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't blame them. He was considered a solid hire a few years ago and it's not like they are going to go out and hire just anybody who can win 8 games a year there. I think he can get them to the B1G title game from time to time and that's about all Minnesota can hope for.

Last edited:
Until AC was invented, only cold blooded reptiles and New York's senior citizen population could survive here.

Yep.

None of the Florida schools became consistently relevant in the national title picture until Miami broke through in the early 80s. FSU battled Miami for national relevance the rest of that decade while UF shook off the effects of NCAA probation.

Yet it’s supposed to be some sort of insult for rival fans to say UF wasn’t relevant until the 90s...welp, there was a reason for that.

Yep.

None of the Florida schools became consistently relevant in the national title picture until Miami broke through in the early 80s. FSU battled Miami for national relevance the rest of that decade while UF shook off the effects of NCAA probation.

Yet it’s supposed to be some sort of insult for rival fans to say UF wasn’t relevant until the 90s...welp, there was a reason for that.
Well yeah, and I think it's quite a misnomer to say UF or the other in state schools NEVER had any sort of success before that time period...I mean, we had a guy win the Heisman in 66', don't remember his name though, but that was over 50 years ago.

Well yeah, and I think it's quite a misnomer to say UF or the other in state schools NEVER had any sort of success before that time period...I mean, we had a guy win the Heisman in 66', don't remember his name though, but that was over 50 years ago.

It’s also a misnomer to confuse “consistently relevant in the national title picture” with “never had any sort of success”.

It’s also a misnomer to confuse “consistently relevant in the national title picture” with “never had any sort of success”.
Oh it wasn't a dig at you, sorry if it came of that way...Just dispelling that common narrative of UF detractors that we LITERALLY never had any success until football 90' kicked off.

Jimmy, With that powerhouse offense on the field last night do you think Mark Stoops secured the FSU job. I'll hang up an listen.:)

Jimmy, With that powerhouse offense on the field last night do you think Mark Stoops secured the FSU job. I'll hang up an listen.:)
Wr at QB.........but I think you're right.

edit.....This is one reason Slick Willie was fired. Jordan Travis takes is 1st snap of the season.......and scores? 1st snap????
EI8_C65W4AIv4tO

Last edited:
The KY fans where I work are convinced that Stoops will go to FSU and that the Lane train will roll into Lexington. I do not see that happening. I could see Lane going to FSU though.

The Coaching Carousel Thunderdome Thread on reddit cfb discussion on FSU looks eerily familiar to what we went through. They are convinced Bob Stoops is their next coach.

Rumor.............Private jet left Tally this morning with AD going to Dallas.:oops::eek::rolleyes:

Stoops and Sanders are both in Dallas.

Sounds very familiar.......;)

Reactions: give_him 6
Stoops would be about as a good a hire as they could make...Matt Campbell would be a potential home run, Stoops, if his heart is in it, would be a grand slam...And he's younger than I thought he was at 59...That'd be just wonderful, we FINALLY get a competent coach after years of turd sandwiches, and FSU somehow ends up with one of the few truly elite coaches in the country...Yay.

Where FSU will screw it up is they are going to try to win the press conference instead of getting the best actual hire.

Big Game Bob’s agent is floating his name into the FSU job search to get a pay raise from the XFL before ever coaching a game. Very Saban-like.

VN Store

Back