Taggart out at FSU

They're at 8 wins already this year and haven't played anyone.
Yeah, this year. I don't think he can do that consistently at Minnesota.

Most of the time when coaches get these extensions and raises, they are coming off a relatively brief run of play that their fans/admin/boosters think is going to extend into the indefinite future. Also typically afraid of their coach being approached by other schools. The exceptions are when the truly great ones (Saban, Dabo, Urban, etc.) get extensions.

Exhibit A of this is Gus's extension after he beat Georgia then Alabama in 2017. They signed him to that massive extension basically for his performance in 2 games + rumors he was unhappy in the Auburn fishbowl and thinking of going to Arkansas. Knee jerk and short-sighted.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I don't see Leach going to FSU. They fired Taggart after 1.5 years. It took Leach 4 years to rebuild Wash State. How's he going to feel about an impatient AD that's not going to give him time to implement his system?

FSU Prior to Taggart:
2017: 7-6
2016: 10-3
2015: 10-3

WSU Prior to Leach:
2011: 4-8
2010: 2-10
2009: 1-11

And got rid of him when he proved he wasn't the guy. No delay, no hesitation just decisive action.
I agree with you. Hiring someone over his head and then firing him less than 2 years later demonstrates a total commitment to winning. Quickest way to win is hire and fire frequently.

Reactions: VolNExile
images
Bring him back..........................................as AD:eek:

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I hope FSU hires Neon Deion because I want to see their football program return to the depths in was in from 1973-1976 when they had 9 wins total in 4 seasons under Larry Jones,Darrell Mudra and the first season of Bobby Bowden.

The issue with this is during that same period, UF was struggling too. I don’t care about FSU but I want them to compete against UF recruiting in state.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The issue with this is during that same period, UF was struggling too. I don’t care about FSU but I want them to compete against UF recruiting in state.
Florida wasn't too bad under Doug Dickey then;)

1973 7-5(lost Tangerine Bowl 16-7 to 11-0-1 Miami of Ohio)
1974 8-4(lost Sugar Bowl 13-10 to 9-3 Nebraska)
1975 9-3(lost Gator Bowl 13-0 to 10-2 Maryland)
1976 8-4(lost Sun Bowl 37-14 to 10-2 Texas A&M)

Not too bad during that period but once Bowden got it rolling, Dickey was toast. Not saying I want FSU to find another Bobby Bowden but I definitely don’t want them to hire Prime Time.

All the Florida schools struggled until the 80s.

That’s not a coincidence...our population boom didn’t happen until the mid/late 70s.

VN Store

Back