Syria attack: Activists says dozens, including children, killed by gas

All of these resources spent on war could have been better served by being used here in the US. The money could have been used for productive infrasturcture needs and the mental focus of the nation could have been used on more productive peace time endeavors.

Yep. We could cancel a few air strikes and use the saved money (in theory) to eliminate homelessness in the entire country.

Pointless to bomb Syria. Why do we even care about that country? Do people here actually care?

Your post encapsulates the entire Trump phenomenon. "I personally don't like him, but I hate you."

Comment made on CNN this morning about conservative media and how they balance their disdain for the loudmouth jerk with placating their base: they aren't pro-Trump. They are just anti against the people that are anti-Trump.

It's quite a phenomenon. Everyone will say they think he's a fraud and a tool, but party loyalty forces you to just take sides with him solely to never admit the other side was right about him all along.

As Trump would say, SAD!

Produce better Dems with a message.
I mean any message at all is better than what you’ve brought.
But I agree it is sad that Trump was superior to what the Dems had to offer

Yep. We could cancel a few air strikes and use the saved money (in theory) to eliminate homelessness in the entire country.

Pointless to bomb Syria. Why do we even care about that country? Do people here actually care?

That is a reach. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that we would be living in Utopia had it not been for waste money.

Your post encapsulates the entire Trump phenomenon. "I personally don't like him, but I hate you."

Comment made on CNN this morning about conservative media and how they balance their disdain for the loudmouth jerk with placating their base: they aren't pro-Trump. They are just anti against the people that are anti-Trump.

It's quite a phenomenon. Everyone will say they think he's a fraud and a tool, but party loyalty forces you to just take sides with him solely to never admit the other side was right about him all along.

As Trump would say, SAD!

Except that's not the case. I don't hate Democrats. If you have something concrete to get Trump out of office, fine. Then Pence takes over and the witchhunt will start again. Dems are pissed because they got beat by a loud-mouthed, arrogant prick when they thought Hillary was a shoe in. Damn, ya'll even rigged your own system to make sure she beat Bernie. That's how confident ya'll felt in her winning. And then she didn't. But instead of accepting it, the entire damn left had a meltdown and the liberal media went haywire on trying to tear Trump down. My problem with the people who are anti-Trump isn't because they're anti-Trump. It's because their reason for being anti-Trump isn't this magnanimous movement it's being made out to be. It's a hissy fit in response to the voters choosing someone other than your candidate. Plain and simple.

And while people are arguing over taxpayer money being used to bomb Syria while Flint, MI has water problems, how much money do you think is being wasted on all of these "investigations" into Trump? That money could also be used to address real problems here at home. But ..but...Trump! Two more years then you can vote for someone else.

Reactions: 3 people
I like how so many of them are now denying voting for him and expect us to believe it, while defending every stupid, embarrassing, bumbling, corrupt, criminal thing he does.

You want honesty? I didn't vote in the last election. I thought both candidates were undeserving idiots so I just didn't vote.

What I find stupid and embarrassing is our country's elected leaders trying to tear it apart in a hissy fit because things didn't go the way they wanted. The left thinks they represent America. The right thinks they represent America. It's all a buncha of bull**** because all they represent is their parties. They forget that normal Americans just want a stable economy, good jobs, and to watch the news every night without hearing how they're acting like petty children again. All the political infighting has gotten old, and in the meantime, very little is done to actually help our country or our people. And all the Dems and Republicans do is blame each other. And people like you and LG, you guys flame their fires. Good job.

The point was that the money spent overseas could have been spent here at home.

Instead, the counterpoint is try to argue that the Feds shouldn't be stepping into state issues/problems... which I agree with.

However, the statement was about the money that was wasted overseas... not who was at fault in Flint. Two totally different arguments... but conveniently used to divert away from the fact that we are so willing to waste blood and treasure overseas instead of "wasting" treasure here at home.

We waste money in many places. We're wasting money with all of these investigations into Trump instead of just letting him serve out his term. We waste money by paying the country's leaders to do a job they keep failing at. The problem is, people only want to acknowledge it when it suits their argument.

Reactions: 1 person
All of these resources spent on war could have been better served by being used here in the US. The money could have been used for productive infrasturcture needs and the mental focus of the nation could have been used on more productive peace time endeavors.

Right. Think that's the consensus opinion.

I like how so many of them are now denying voting for him and expect us to believe it, while defending every stupid, embarrassing, bumbling, corrupt, criminal thing he does.

Can you please provide the proof to back up your statements here?

"Fight back against the Deep State"

tumblr_m6ozc0JPCS1qjp0rto1_400.gif

Right, because my positions are so widely held.

Are you going to answer my question about standards?

TRUT
Anyone who disagrees with their position is sheep. Even someone as radical (no disrespect intended. I find your thoughts consistent throughout even though I disagree) as you.

TRUT
Anyone who disagrees with their position is sheep. Even someone as radical (no disrespect intended. I find your thoughts consistent throughout even though I disagree) as you.

No disrespect taken. I am fully aware that most of my positions are radical.

So Israel is responsible for gassing Syrian civilians? You all need to get a room with AJ. Make sure it's padded.

That is a reach. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that we would be living in Utopia had it not been for waste money.

As someone who works with the homeless... believe it or not many of them like the freedom of being homeless. They struggle to function in a structured environment. I know homeless people with jobs, cell phones etc

I'm gonna try and play nice, but your attitude really makes this hard. First, Trump is not "my boy". I honestly am not a fan. He talks way too much and I wish his aides would steal his phone and keep his ass off of twitter. But, he is the POTUS. You can whine and ***** about it, but I'm not seeing a change any time soon. And honestly, I think the Dems, in their fervor to chase after him, are treading on thin ice. They're setting new precedents on how far you can go to try and take down a sitting President, and when those same tactics are used the next time they're in office, well, it's potentially going to bite them in the ass.

All of that aside, please, detail the crimes Trump has allegedly committed. Satisfy my curiosity, because I'm not sure of everything he's being accused of anymore. And if you will, please, explain to me why Trump's alleged illegal activities are so much worse than those alleged perpetrated by "your" Hillary. Why do you find it okay that a Democrat break the law, but hell no to a Republican doing it? And before you go into the "Trump must be my boy" routine that I've seen you use more than once to deflect, I honestly don't like the guy. I didn't vote for him. Also didn't vote for Hillary. I honestly was disappointed that we were given two very piss poor choices for President.

Hillary has been under investigation off and on for decades, and nothing. She isn't in prison, she isn't going to prison, and that is with the full weight of the GOP trying to destroy her and her family.

An investigation is ongoing into Trump by Republicans he appointed before trying to clean house. It is ongoing.

From what I have read and looked into, I think Trump is looking at obstruction of justice, conspiracy, money laundering, bank fraud, and treason.

Apologies for the terse other response. It gets a little heated in the forum sometimes and I try to avoid name-calling, but it happens.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back