Swing games to win in 2019

How does Flordia view Tennessee?
Wgaf? And I ain't even joking. Obviously you do or you wouldn't have asked. I don't. I Don't give two chits what any of them think.

Now, since you didn't ask me, I'll go on about my bidness. Buck'em.

Wgaf? And I ain't even joking. Obviously you do or you wouldn't have asked. I don't. I Don't give two chits what any of them think.

Now, since you didn't ask me, I'll go on about my bidness. Buck'em.
Thanks for sharing your opinion

Y'all thought it was a win in 98. Then you thought it was a win in 2001. Then in 2003. Then you thought we were ducks and we couldn't pull a truck. Yea I know, the VolGator pumpers will be here soon trying to look cool in front of you gators and whining about "what about the other 139 times in 26 years. Idgaf about those, all I care about are the ones you were wrong about and you will be wrong again. To bad I don't have anything to do with it.

Sometimes, I think of the other side of the coin.

How does Missouri view Tennessee? How does South Carolina?

Win, loss, swing game, toss up?
Missouri...Tennessee is an automatic win
SCar.....Tennessee is a swing game.

Those are my guesses.

Reactions: TennMan101
We beat three non conference games. Likely beat BYU.
We need 3 wins out of BYU, USC, Vandy Ky..Missouri & Miss State
I see Bama, Florida & UGA as losses

Last edited:
I only see one “for sure” loss and that is Alabama only because it’s at BD. This is the last time for a long time Alabama is an auto loss. Things are changing. Whispers in the east.
What a troll. If that’s only loss you see you’re as blind as a bat.

Reactions: Titan05
We beat three non conference games. Likely beat BYU.
We need 3 wins out of BYU, USC, Vandy Ky..Missouri & Miss State
I see Bama, Florida & UGA as losses
Wouldn’t put UAB in the automatic win column just yet. That’s a team that could come into Neyland and embarrass us, just like Charlotte did....only they could win by a td or 2 as well.

Lol. We’ve lost to Missouri the last two seasons, one on the road and one at home, by a combined score of 100-34....and you think we’re rolling in there and all of a sudden beating the snot out of them in Columbia? Come on man.

Please don't underestimate the difference Drew lock had in the outcome of those two games. That kid is going to make millions in the NFL, Imo.

His list mirrored mine almost exactly. BYU will be well-disciplined, coming off a bowl game, flying under the radar, and presenting a qb who by all accounts is quite talented. TN won't compete with the big boys in the league, so one has to start somewhere when identifying winnable games that would serve as building blocks for improvement. BYU is dismissed by the ignorant just as WV was last year. Miss state represents an SEC West opponent. How was TN's record against the West over the last ten years? Oh yeah, god-freaking awful. Despite all this, TN should defend the home turf in both games. Can Phil Pruitt's squadron do it though? Maybe.
UAB is also going to be a tough game. They won a bowl game this year.

Queue the John Adams photo on a Massingales box!

I'm sorry, but we are gonna beat the snot out of Mizzou on the road next year. At the very least it should be in the toss up category.

I also don't think Florida and Georgia should be in the loss category either. Rather I would have EDIT: us as up to a 7 point underdogs.

And hey, if bama losses another 8 players to go with the 10 non-seniors they already lost....who knows.
Looooooooool

While I do not care for Adam's writing usually, I dont see where he is so far off, with a few exceptions. I am generally as positive as they come, where facts and reason support. And I think we have a LOT to be positive about, with our recruiting and new coaching on Offense.

Even so, this will most likely be the year we solidify our base, not the breakout year. The schedule is easier and they have had more time in the S&C and under Sherrer/Pruitt and our QB has one more year of exp (as well as Chaney to whisper in his ear). That said, we still have a lot of gaps in the line. I cant see us competing this year but I do expect a "solid" season, where we are no longer ashamed to be Vols on Saturday and where the games will be worth watching.

6 games we SHOULD win, 3 we COULD win and of course, 3 we MIGHT win. Beating Bama, GA or Fl this year would be a vast over achieve. The difference I have with Adams is that Missouri should be a tossup game as I think they took a step down. Vandy and KY are not the teams they were last year and while we cannot sleep on BYU we SHOULD take them (those 3 not gimmes but should be tilted in our favor to win).

So with that in mind. winning the 6 SHOULDs and 2/3 COULDs give us an 8-4 season, which I think is realistic and would be a solid season. 9-3 is quite possible but nothing I would bet on. Still a bit of culture change to happen.

Aug. 31: Georgia State
Sept. 7: BYU
Sept. 14: Chattanooga
Sept. 21: at Florida
Oct. 5: Georgia
Oct. 12: Mississippi State
Oct. 19: at Alabama
Oct. 26: South Carolina
Nov. 2: UAB
Nov. 9: Kentucky

Nov. 23: at Missouri
Nov. 30: Vanderbilt

I think Kelly Bryant being their QB and them having their potent RB's back makes Missouri a long shot contender for East. We play them there so don't think we win this one. Hopefully we want get trashed like we did with Butch's last team and identical score on Pruitts first and it was @ home.

John Adams hasn't changed. Still LSU closet fan who takes shots of the Vols. How is he still on the staff of the News Sentinel?
cause people keep clicking. his content has nothing to do with his employment viability. it's all about traffic and eyeballs. they don't care what you're reading, as long as you read it....that it gets a reaction, and a post on a site like this or retweeted or shared on facebook....even better.

Reactions: feathersax
So
cause people keep clicking. his content has nothing to do with his employment viability. it's all about traffic and eyeballs. they don't care what you're reading, as long as you read it....that it gets a reaction, and a post on a site like this or retweeted or shared on facebook....even better.
So Adams is a journalism whore? I get it.

IMO it is fine if they all see us as a for sure win. I like the idea of being an underdog next season. I don't want them to always be seen that way, but surprising teams that underestimate us is not a bad thing in year 2 of a rebuild under a new HC and OC.

I hate to be a Debbie downer but butch jones destroyed this team. This roster is almost devoid of talent. I mean most guys on this team from skill players to linemen are second rate at best as far as talent goes.

VN Store

Back