Sweet 16 commentators

kkep48

PirateVol
I know Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery have the San Antonio games, but does anyone know who the announcers will be at the other games???

i love rafferty, he is my favorite commentator out there right now.... time for the vols to show some ONIONS!!!

I like Verne because at any given moment he sounds like he might order a drink.

After his totally hysterical performance during Saturday's games in Lexington, I was really hoping that Gus Johnson would do our game.

Man, someone should get into Steve Lavin's ear. Even after UT beat Virginia, he was still harping on the senior leadership of Chris Lofton being able to carry the Vols to victory. :lol:

i wish gus johnson would call our game, i love his enthusiasm. only thing is, if its a game like virginia or the first osu game and it came down to the wire, he would give me a heart attack.
"LOFTON FOR THE WIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN"

raftery and lundquist are by far cbs's best crew, but gus johnson is pretty fun to listen to.

Who's the guy who always interjects his color comments in a completely different raspy voice than his normal speaking voice? He says the weirdest things ... kinda has a NY accent?

I believe that's Raftery, HotlantaVol...
Yeah, after some research it's probably Bill Raferty. I can only take so much of his Tourette's Syndrome Color Commentary® before it annoys the hell out of me. It completely disturbs the flow of the play-by-play, and not in a good way.

Just my opinion, though.

I think my personal hell would be having Dick Vitale and Bill Raferty following me around all the time doing color commentary on my life ...

"Look at that lawn mowing job, Bill ... HotlantaVol is a PTPer baby ..."

ALITTLECUTOFTHEGRASS...

VN Store

Back