Sweeping Sexual Assault Suit Filed Against UT

no poll

• Total voters
1. Somebody wants to feel important,

2. I don't care.

3. Let the law take care of the situation.

Yes I would like to feel important. That's why I wear a stovepipe hat. Past that point, I would like to know how much significance these lawyers are placing on meaningless, unimportant crap they have found on message boards. It might tell us something about the depth of their case, which I, a random fan, am curious about.

Considering the plaintiffs and/or their legal team could have people open accounts on any message board and anonymously post whatever they wanted to support the plaintiffs and their case, the posts would be of no evidentiary value.

Reactions: 6 people
Ploy to sign subscribers...

8-cancer.w529.h352.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Considering the plaintiffs and/or their legal team could have people open accounts on any message board and anonymously post whatever they wanted to support the plaintiffs and their case, the posts would be of no evidentiary value.

Amazing how some have to be reminded of this small fact.....

I live in Nashville and have known for many years that The Tennessean is nothing but a low class rag. They are not interested in reporting news. They are only interested in selling shock and controversy. Plus, they endorsed our Marxist in Chief at both elections. That really did it for me. I had to threaten to sue them to get them to stop calling me at home trying to get me to re-subscribe.

You lost me at Marxist.

Those guys are absolutely clueless, especially the afternoon guys. During the whole Butch-Jones-Jim-Harbaugh, they were yukking it up and going on and on about how great Harbaugh is. They suckle at the teet of UGA and fawn over their beat writers, and whenever they invite those writers on the air, the little time they devote to Tennessee is to degrade them and assure themselves that they can't possibly win the East this year.

They're excellent for discussion about the Hawks, though.

How'd they react when Harbaugh took a shot at Kirby Smart?

Here is a good piece from ex-Tennessean David Climer

The Nashville Ledger

Really agree with DClimer's summary here. It's interesting that the tennenessean just recently articled as to why the Coach would be calling players allegedly involved, after the alleged incidents, considering that calling and speaking with them is exactly what's necessary in order for a school to begin working the system requirements of TIX --

"Under Title IX, schools that receive federal funding are required to conduct their own investigations into sexual assaults on campus. Those investigations must protect women from sexual assault."

It will be interesting to see how the Plaintiffs ("women") argue that they were not protected by the school, after the alleged events.

Reactions: 3 people
How'd they react when Harbaugh took a shot at Kirby Smart?

They lauded Harbaugh for such a witty, clever turn of phrase (barking up the wrong tree).

Then they lauded Smart for speaking out against a perceived wrong in these mini-camps.

They like to say Smart has the down-home, folksy charm of Richt, but the grind and focus of Saban. Gimme a break. Like another poster said, they're good for pro sports and not much else. I hope we spank UGA at Sanford and shut these guys up. They're absolutely convinced Butch is going to lose his job, and that this lawsuit is going to derail our season before it even begins.

It is common practice for police to notify coaches that their athletes have been arrested or involved in some kind of incident before the story leaks or gets reported in the media. This is the way it works even in non-revenue sports at less high-profile programs.

It shouldn't be controversial. It is a courtesy, and if you are going to hold coaches responsible for what the athletes do, then you can't get mad when the police let them know when their kids get in trouble. If you knew the police chief, I bet he'd call you if he arrested your son. It's the same concept--except people like Butch have even more reason to want to know because he's going to have to be making public statements about the situation within hours.

If you think Butch Jones and the KPD conspired to destroy evidence, then accuse them of that straight up--don't just imply that something untoward happened because they gave him a courtesy call. (But keep in mind that, in this case, the police had already collected the most important physical evidence--i.e. evidence on the alleged victim's person.) Also, it is worth noting that investigations and evidence gathering can take months--so is it inappropriate for the media to report on the accusations at all before the investigation is completed? (After all, somebody might destroy evidence... *eye roll*)

Reactions: 2 people
It is common practice for police to notify coaches that their athletes have been arrested or involved in some kind of incident before the story leaks or gets reported in the media. This is the way it works even in non-revenue sports at less high-profile programs.

It shouldn't be controversial. It is a courtesy, and if you are going to hold coaches responsible for what the athletes do, then you can't get mad when the police let them know when their kids get in trouble. If you knew the police chief, I bet he'd call you if he arrested your son. It's the same concept--except people like Butch have even more reason to want to know because he's going to have to be making public statements about the situation within hours.

If you think Butch Jones and the KPD conspired to destroy evidence, then accuse them of that straight up--don't just imply that something untoward happened because they gave him a courtesy call. (But keep in mind that, in this case, the police had already collected the most important physical evidence--i.e. evidence on the alleged victim's person.) Also, it is worth noting that investigations and evidence gathering can take months--so is it inappropriate for the media to report on the accusations at all before the investigation is completed? (After all, somebody might destroy evidence... *eye roll*)

We're not saying it happened, we're saying the prosecution will use it to allude that it happened

Right- and the destroyed evidence allowed both players to avoid any criminal prosecution, allowed them to stay on the team and play in UTs bowl game, and find their way into professional football.

Wait...

We're not saying it happened, we're saying the prosecution will use it to allude that it happened

Well in this case that would be stupid as the only potential evidence that appears to be lost was from those one would have expected to be forthcoming with every shred of evidence that was available.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back