Swain calls out Vol Twitter

I have been around a long time and you are really making an effort to bring up people hating Tee because he won Peyton's NC. Peyton had his chances and didn't get it done. Maybe you should make an anonymous poll for folks to side one way or the other. I bet the number you are looking for would be statistically insignificant. A majority of us that have been critical of Tee coming back have to do with his public behavior since Kiffin's hire. Nothing more.

This all day. You have bought multiple reasoned posts in this thread.

Wait, there are people that believe Tee won Peyton's NC? Like they actually believe that Tee had an impact with winning the NC?? That's crazier than believing he's a good recruiter because he coached at USC, which has a monopoly on the elite west coast talent that can't get into Stanford.

He's done nothing but spew hate towards Tennessee since he left and his job performance at USC was underwhelming.

Reactions: Col. Forbin
You and I don't share the same experiences nor encounters with the same people. Thus your presuming to speak on my behalf (as that's what it amounts to) is forfeit. Your experiences speak to you for themselves, mine likewise, whether you like it or not. And probably not given the mindset evident in your post. No reason I should care, though. Wisdom enough for you? Probably not as you don't want to see beyond the parameters of your arrogance.

I would never willfully presume to speak on your behalf oh wise one. What was the mindset evident in my post, didn't mean to hurt your feels. 'Parameters of arrogance' , now that's funny. The only arrogance I see is you not believing we may know some of the same people.
When you find that wisdom , I'm sure you will let us all know.

I would never willfully presume to speak on your behalf oh wise one. What was the mindset evident in my post, didn't mean to hurt your feels. 'Parameters of arrogance' , now that's funny. The only arrogance I see is you not believing we may know some of the same people.
When you find that wisdom , I'm sure you will let us all know.

There you go.

Wait, there are people that believe Tee won Peyton's NC? Like they actually believe that Tee had an impact with winning the NC?? That's crazier than believing he's a good recruiter because he coached at USC, which has a monopoly on the elite west coast talent that can't get into Stanford.

He's done nothing but spew hate towards Tennessee since he left and his job performance at USC was underwhelming.
Actually no they don't. This is a racial statement put forth by Woodhead and backed by a couple of the usual suspects. After enduing the BS I have concluded that other than 3 people on here that are just simply contrary, literally NO ONE on VN believes this. Thanks for participating in the poll if you did and leaving a comment whether good or bad.

Poll results say that out of 224 voters, 4 people are either obstinate or just racist.

Welcome home Tee! I remember the pass he dropped right into Peerless Prices hands to seal the deal against FSU like it was yesterday. He brought a national championship to Tennessee, I wish him all the success in the world as a coach.
thank goodness - someone on this thread says something positive - go vols

time will tell, if true then he won't last long. Pruitt isn't the kind of guy to take sh!t off anyone
You'd think this was well vetted w/ Pruitt ahead of time, and I think though Tee may have considered UT because of Fulmer, I'm sure it was 100% Pruitt call. Maybe we over emphasize Tee ability to be disruptive. If Tee keeps his head down and follows Pruitt protocol, he could have a long career at UT.

The reason for the stupid poll. I think we debunked that claim though.
If there are people that actually believe that, it is confirmation we are the dumbest fan base.

Can someone explain how that is actually possible argument that Tee won Peytons championship? I cant see one logical point that would advance that idea, not one.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The reason for Tee not coming to UT previously may have been. (1) He didn't want to be on a dysfunctional staff with Dooley or Jones. (2) His wife may have influenced him to not come here. (3) money could have been an issue. (4) we don't know what Southern Cal. May have offered him if he remained on staff
Too many unknowns out there for us to make a judgement

If there are people that actually believe that, it is confirmation we are the dumbest fan base.

Can someone explain how that is actually possible argument that Tee won Peytons championship? I cant see one logical point that would advance that idea, not one.

I know everyone played a part in winning the championship but I say that the defense was better in 98 than in 97 and that make the difference
Lewis, Price, Martin etc made plays on offense and others made plays on special teams but the difference was the defense

I know everyone played a part in winning the championship but I say that the defense was better in 98 than in 97 and that make the difference
Lewis, Price, Martin etc made plays on offense and others made plays on special teams but the difference was the defense
Id agree with that, but that has nothing to do with PM.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

I think Woodhead should. I asked him to make the poll and all I got were ancient alien BS answers.

The reason for Tee not coming to UT previously may have been. (1) He didn't want to be on a dysfunctional staff with Dooley or Jones. (2) His wife may have influenced him to not come here. (3) money could have been an issue. (4) we don't know what Southern Cal. May have offered him if he remained on staff
Too many unknowns out there for us to make a judgement
Take that logical, common sense ish right on out of here!

Don't think Tee will hurt the program, but don't think him being here is going to bring about earth shattering greatness either. Keeping my expectations very low.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Was just listening to the show, and he mentioned how much of a force Vol Twitter has been in the past. He challenged Vol tweeters everywhere to get #WelcomeHomeTee trending. I believe it can be done. All you tweeters and twits, get to work.

Addendum: This is my 10,000 post, so there’s that. #lifegoals

twitter is a dead platform

Are there actually people that believe Tee Martin won Peytons championship?

Best I can tell here is where it started.

WoodsmanVol
It requires wisdom to understand wisdom

Tuesday at 9:42

Understood. However, the anti-Tee-ism began long before his declining to return. Some never forgave him for winning the NC that "should have been Peyton's." This goes way back

Reactions: volfannbama
Best I can tell here is where it started.

WoodsmanVol
It requires wisdom to understand wisdom

Tuesday at 9:42

Understood. However, the anti-Tee-ism began long before his declining to return. Some never forgave him for winning the NC that "should have been Peyton's." This goes way back

I have read some ridiculous things on these forums, but this has to be one of the dumbest. Vol fans were cheering our team to a championship, and there was never any thought like this by anyone I know. I was there, cheering along with other Vol fans, and that was never expressed by anyone.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

VN Store

Back