Swain calls out Vol Twitter

I am not a "Tee Hater", but not sure how he will be as a coach or recruiter. His attitude when he interviewed before might be for something that us armchair QBs are not aware of. It could have been a family issue at the time or something like that. But, Fulmer and Pruitt know much more about this than any us VN fans do, so if they are cool with it then I am too. Time has a way of changing things and I am heartily cheering for his success. (Ahem, I just wish he could have influenced his son to be a Vol).
That may be the most telling issue with Tee's attitude. Perhaps it was Butch, perhaps it was just being pissed off. That's why I am hesitant to welcome him with open arms......he hasn't endeared himself to many of us with his attitude.

I am not a "Tee Hater", but not sure how he will be as a coach or recruiter. His attitude when he interviewed before might be for something that us armchair QBs are not aware of. It could have been a family issue at the time or something like that. But, Fulmer and Pruitt know much more about this than any us VN fans do, so if they are cool with it then I am too. Time has a way of changing things and I am heartily cheering for his success. (Ahem, I just wish he could have influenced his son to be a Vol).

Two things, yea three, if I may. If you look through a few other posts on here, you will more of what was behind Tee's turning down chances to come home. Take a gander, it may widen your awareness a bit. The second thing is with Dooley and Butch as our previous coaches, why should he have come back and joined what was basically the coaching Doom Patrol staff?

Third, your post doesn't spew anti-Tee venom as some do which is nice to see. Not that I'm innocent of snideness as I'm problem one of the worst when I'm either riled up and jerking hypersensitive VN'ers chains. They are so much fun to poke and pinch.

6a949358e6ab3d44e94d781b1b725a2f--doom-patrol-comic-books.jpg

That may be the most telling issue with Tee's attitude. Perhaps it was Butch, perhaps it was just being pissed off. That's why I am hesitant to welcome him with open arms......he hasn't endeared himself to many of us with his attitude.

What was his “attitude”? I didn’t hear him say anything negative about the university other than reports from media that he turned down an opportunity to be on staff. Did I miss him bashing us? I know his kid didn’t come here to play for Butch, but I wouldn’t have encouraged my kid to either.....just saying. I’m not in the area anymore but try to keep up as best as I can, did he say something unforgivable or are we just holding it against him that Amari didn’t come here? I mean after he brought home a natty, I am surprised that he isn’t being welcomed with open arms, actually I’m not just because this is what we do here.

What was his “attitude”? I didn’t hear him say anything negative about the university other than reports from media that he turned down an opportunity to be on staff. Did I miss him bashing us? I know his kid didn’t come here to play for Butch, but I wouldn’t have encouraged my kid to either.....just saying. I’m not in the area anymore but try to keep up as best as I can, did he say something unforgivable or are we just holding it against him that Amari didn’t come here? I mean after he brought home a natty, I am surprised that he isn’t being welcomed with open arms, actually I’m not just because this is what we do here.
That he would encourage his kid to stay away from his hometown school? Hell, VN has been eviscerating Cade Mays and family for the exact same thing. He has a tweet where he said something like only coming back as HC. I don't remember exactly but it has been posted. I am hesitant to welcome with open arms........and, as I have stated before, he is my favorite UT QB. Sorry you have an issue with someone having an opine different than yours. I guess you will break out the hater ******** now too?

I agree, (2)I don't think he wants to be here and is (1)only coming here to revive his coaching career...I wish him luck but also hope he gives his all for Tennessee...I dunno it just seems odd is all.

1. Isn't that the goal of every coach who is fired/not retained?
2. He reportedly had several other options and he chose Tennessee so that doesn't really lend itself to the narrative that he doesn't want to be here.

I think there are still some people here that are bothered by the fact that he was able to accomplish something that Peyton was never able to.

I can't say you're wrong, but there's a plan in place and I'm sure Fulmer has promised Tee something to keep him from meddling. I'm thinking he'll get either a OC in waiting, Associate Head Coach, or Recruiting Coord.....or a combo of some of these.
Be just like them to do something stupid and promise him the head coach in waiting job or assistant OC without Pruitt's ok.

Was just listening to the show, and he mentioned how much of a force Vol Twitter has been in the past. He challenged Vol tweeters everywhere to get #WelcomeHomeTee trending. I believe it can be done. All you tweeters and twits, get to work.

Addendum: This is my 10,000 post, so there’s that. #lifegoals

I gave you a like for your 10,000th post ............ and because I like your avi.
It's almost like James Spader was born to play Raymond Reddington. Excellent character.

Reactions: supersmo18
That he would encourage his kid to stay away from his hometown school? Hell, VN has been eviscerating Cade Mays and family for the exact same thing. He has a tweet where he said something like only coming back as HC. I don't remember exactly but it has been posted. I am hesitant to welcome with open arms........and, as I have stated before, he is my favorite UT QB. Sorry you have an issue with someone having an opine different than yours. I guess you will break out the hater ******** now too?

Not at all.....to each his own opinion, just didn’t know if I missed something I needed to hear about his attitude towards the university. You can choose to hold Amari to Clemson against him, but as a parent of a college athlete i can’t.

There's a lot of Tee haters among Vols Fandom. Which is why I wish he'd never return to the UT. Hope he shuts them up with lights out job performances.

I agree completely. Hope he succeeds. Pruitt will run a tight ship, like Saban, so I don't see all this speculation be warranted at the present time.

I think I have less than 10 tweets in the 7-8 years I’ve had an account. Most were retweets for something free.

However I think I did tweet at Tee back when it looked like he was coming to join Jones staff. Then he spurned us and I felt pretty silly.

FTR I was never mad at him like others. He had something going and a family in CA. Don’t blame him one bit for wanting to stay out there.

#WelcomeHomeTee

I think there are still some people here that are bothered by the fact that he was able to accomplish something that Peyton was never able to.

If they are true Vol fans, they shouldn’t care if satan himself was running the team. Tee leading they way to the championship will never take away from what Peyton did here.

Not at all.....to each his own opinion, just didn’t know if I missed something I needed to hear about his attitude towards the university. You can choose to hold Amari to Clemson against him, but as a parent of a college athlete i can’t.
I understand, my point is the dichotomy that is VN. I wasn't happy with him making public statements after his interview with Butch, he wasn't wrong about Hurd being soft, and I find it suspicious that everything is rainbows and unicorns with Tee and not with the May's family.

If they are true Vol fans, they shouldn’t care if satan himself was running the team. Tee leading they way to the championship will never take away from what Peyton did here.
I asked the guy that posted this BS earlier to create a poll to prove this point......he dodged as usual. What they both did was great!

Reactions: 4chrissy
Tell you like I told Wood head. Put up a poll to get the numbers. People have reservations due to his behavior post 2012.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I understand, my point is the dichotomy that is VN. I wasn't happy with him making public statements after his interview with Butch, he wasn't wrong about Hurd being soft, and I find it suspicious that everything is rainbows and unicorns with Tee and not with the May's family.

I kind of get that too. I didn’t say I like it at all, but I kind of get where they were coming from. But they probably should’ve moved to Athens.

All these kids and their parents are just chasing the dream and trying to find a program that their kid will shine in. Hard not to see it from their point of view.

Reactions: VolNExile
I gave you a like for your 10,000th post ............ and because I like your avi.
It's almost like James Spader was born to play Raymond Reddington. Excellent character.
Haha, thanks. I would actually go so far as to say that Reddington is his best role he’s ever been in. That character is just unreal, and he plays it perfectly. I’ve also been told that Spader is my doppelgänger on multiple occasions, so that’s another reason he’s my profile pic. 😎

Reactions: preacherwebb
Tee is my favorite QB at UT, bar none. I don't think he has demonstrated that he can do anything but recruit yet. I have seen no exceptional coaching ability from him. He has made statements in the past about only coming here as a head coach as if we were beneath him. Maybe IBJ and staff were, but to make those statements publicly soured a lot of feelings. If you can't handle honest criticism, then I can't help you. However, it is far from hate.

And let's not start with the millennial usage of the word hate. That word means a lot more to me than to just honestly criticize someone. Young people don't even really know what that word means anymore.

Tee know what it means:

“After you’ve been a black quarterback in the SEC, there’s really not much people can say to me that I haven’t heard before,” Martin told the LA Times at the time. “Not only social media-wise, but to my face. But that doesn’t bother me or affect me. I know what it is. I don’t get down, just because those people don’t matter. And they have never mattered.

"All that’s mattered is me showing them otherwise. So I get competitive. I get even, so to speak. You get called the N-word for no reason, then I’m going to show you how good this can really be and really make you mad. That’s how I’ve always dealt with that dynamic because it’s only there due to ignorance.”

--247Sports--

VN Store

Back