Super Regional vs Florida

To me, it's a shame we (and others) end up playing teams we have played all season long (in conference). You would think that "mixing up" opponents would not be so difficult. This way however, keeps the SEC from taking most of the seats in the championship round.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This way however, keeps the SEC from taking most of the seats in the championship round.

Or guarantees that at least one SEC team makes it to the World Series (depends upon how you look at it). My problem is that this is the 3rd year in a row that the LVs have been in this position. Seems like they should spread out the pain a little.

UT and UF always seem to get an SEC opponent in the Supers-- and UT gets the team right when they're playing their best softball. It hasn't worked out in our favor. If the LVs can hit Barnhill early and get her rattled, we can win. Just need the top of the order to come out strong and build confidence. We need to score early and knock Barnhill off her game.

To me, it's a shame we (and others) end up playing teams we have played all season long (in conference). You would think that "mixing up" opponents would not be so difficult. This way however, keeps the SEC from taking most of the seats in the championship round.

I think in many ways we lucked out. If I were the head coach and the NCAA said to me you get to pick your super opponent from any of the top 8 Florida would be my second pick behind Minnesota. (Although hell they put the beat down on UGA)

Friday @ 7pm ESPN2
Saturday @ 6pm ESPN
Sunday if necessary @ 2pm ESPNU
all times Eastrn

Thanks. If we're lucky enough & play on Sunday I can't watch.....ESPNU is not in my cable channel line-up.
They won't allow me access to the game if the channel isn't one on my TV line-up......stupid cable rules.
They want allow me to see it on watchespn.com. either. :mad: Lol, I've put up w/it for years now.

Last edited:
Thanks. If we're lucky enough & play on Sunday I can't watch.....ESPNU is not in my cable channel line-up.
They won't allow me access to the game if the channel isn't one on my TV line-up......stupid cable rules.
They want allow me to see it on watchespn.com. either. :mad: Lol, I've put up w/it for years now.

Look into the free 7-day trial at Sling TV. Espn channels are in the Orange package but you'd need to add the sports package to it to get espnU -- I did that once, and it was indeed free ------ but, heck, the LVs are going to win the first two games, so it will be moot :D

Would hate to see you miss anything and slow your posting, 🙂 but espnu has a lot games in other sports as well, have you considered switching to directv, that’s what I use.

Here comes Barnhill, alias Peter Cotton Tail, hopping down the "crow hopping trail", hipppy hop, hop all the way.

If after Barnhills first pitch, and her guaranteed crow hop, if Karen would come out of the dug out yelling about her "crow hopping", maybe, just maybe, the umpires would penalize the crow hopper and upset her, maybe we could take this first game.

I'll have to be tied down, like Larry Talbot, in "The Werewolf" movies, to watch the crow hopper and listen to all the love from the announcers....It will be sickening.

Here comes Barnhill, alias Peter Cotton Tail, hopping down the "crow hopping trail", hipppy hop, hop all the way.

If after Barnhills first pitch, and her guaranteed crow hop, if Karen would come out of the dug out yelling about her "crow hopping", maybe, just maybe, the umpires would penalize the crow hopper and upset her, maybe we could take this first game.

I'll have to be tied down, like Larry Talbot, in "The Werewolf" movies, to watch the crow hopper and listen to all the love from the announcers....It will be sickening.

I’ll be tickled pink if we can wear her out again like we did in game one of our series earlier in the year in Gainesville....... we need to pitch around Lorenz and Lindaman and I believe we can hold their offense in check.

I’ll be tickled pink if we can wear her out again like we did in game one of our series earlier in the year in Gainesville....... we need to pitch around Lorenz and Lindaman and I believe we can hold their offense in check.

That game we had Shipman....Since her injury, this club has been a punch and Judy club......Very little power....It may be a bad day, but I'm still hopeful.

I think in many ways we lucked out. If I were the head coach and the NCAA said to me you get to pick your super opponent from any of the top 8 Florida would be my second pick behind Minnesota. (Although hell they put the beat down on UGA)

Not trying to "pick the best/easiest opponent" to get to the finals. Just think it would be more fun to watch, and as a player to see new faces in the other dugout.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

When you have one of the, if not the, best conferences in the country, that happens. Every year the SEC seems to have a bunch of teams, this year every team, in the NCAA SB Tournament, unfortunately, that is the price for being good. Florida can be beat and we have the tools to get it done. This would be a nice time for our players to get on a positive roll, especially on offense.

Here comes Barnhill, alias Peter Cotton Tail, hopping down the "crow hopping trail", hipppy hop, hop all the way..

I noticed the other day that the Aussie pitcher for Washington has a delivery that looks a lot like Barnhill's ---- BTW the mute button is your friend. I rarely listen to the audio of a broadcast.

Hoosier baby, I've tried muting games, but I like all the pageantry around a game....When the LVs weren't on television and Florida was, I would listen just to see how many times the announcers would talk about the glory of Barnhill....Well, it was every damn inning....Larry Talbot!

I noticed the other day that the Aussie pitcher for Washington has a delivery that looks a lot like Barnhill's ---- BTW the mute button is your friend. I rarely listen to the audio of a broadcast.
You know i was watching her the other day first thought wow Barnhill has some competition but they showed a side view which I slowed down and dang if she does not drag her toe for the most part til she lands. I was surprised. Barnhill drags nothing 90 percent of the time til she lands then drags.

To me, we sometimes seem slow to adjust to what the pitcher is trying to do.

Barnhill pitched 10 innings against us the first series. We had 1 flukey inning and the other 9 innings she dominated us. In the 10 innings she pitched she struck out 21 and we only grounded out 3 times. 3 out of 30 outs were ground outs. Strikeouts and pop flies are too easy, it puts no pressure on the defense. We have to make them field some balls and make some throws. We have to get to the top half of the ball and we can't wait til the 3rd time through the order to do it. JMO. Go Lady Vols!

To me, we sometimes seem slow to adjust to what the pitcher is trying to do.

Barnhill pitched 10 innings against us the first series. We had 1 flukey inning and the other 9 innings she dominated us. In the 10 innings she pitched she struck out 21 and we only grounded out 3 times. 3 out of 30 outs were ground outs. Strikeouts and pop flies are too easy, it puts no pressure on the defense. We have to make them field some balls and make some throws. We have to get to the top half of the ball and we can't wait til the 3rd time through the order to do it. JMO. Go Lady Vols!
Her main two pitches are the rise and her screwball which she drives into righties and away from lefties. She just dominates traditional slappers by keeping it away from them. A lot of what damage we did came from the right side (I see you Ally) and it was power. We will not imho string a bunch of hits together against her. Her rise can be hit out at times so be aggressive early in the count that was a big factor in our first two games. Let her get ahead and it will not end well. Imho.

VN Store

Back