Super Regional vs Florida

Her main two pitches are the rise and her screwball which she drives into righties and away from lefties. She just dominates traditional slappers by keeping it away from them. A lot of what damage we did came from the right side (I see you Ally) and it was power. We will not imho string a bunch of hits together against her. Her rise can be hit out at times so be aggressive early in the count that was a big factor in our first two games. Let her get ahead and it will not end well. Imho.

And constant crowhops

Reactions: GameTime
The pitch Phillips let go can't be taken with 2 strikes, ever. Seggern gets up 3-0 and takes 2 meatballs right down the middle. I know she walked, I'd rather she swing at a perfect pitch and maybe hit one out. Morgan took the first pitch, which was thigh high down the middle. Turned out to be the best pitch she got. Taking the first strike as a philosophy is horse crap IMO

The pitch Phillips let go can't be taken with 2 strikes, ever. Seggern gets up 3-0 and takes 2 meatballs right down the middle. I know she walked, I'd rather she swing at a perfect pitch and maybe hit one out. Morgan took the first pitch, which was thigh high down the middle. Turned out to be the best pitch she got. Taking the first strike as a philosophy is horse crap IMO

Sometimes I think they're taught to try to fill the count out as much as possible for a hit or a walk. This crap drives me nuts.

Looked like we came out aggressive, except for Phillips watching a called 3rd inside strike, and Seggern watching 2 strikes down the middle before getting walked. Go Ashley!

The Ladies lose in 2 games. I've watched this team degress since midseason. Rogers gets a case of nerves in the big games, offense is not confident, watches too many pitches...defense is lax.. No killer instinct in this team. They need a dominant pitcher and a couple of big hitters raised on cornbread and beans...

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111

VN Store

Back