Super Hot Peppers

Friend of mine at work was given a Carolina Reaper and ate the the whole thing in one bite. Only thing he said was "interesting" never seen anyone do that without crying

My daughter has a friend that ate half a Carolina Reaper. She told him I had some. He said, throw them away and forget you ever had them. lol. I made a hot sauce with them today. Tried a taste and a blue flame instantly shot out my ass. All I can say is be very careful with these things. I feel like I've been sprayed in the face with pepper spray. Next time I'll make it outside. I'll use this sauce to kick up chili and stuff.

way to go

Scored about 100 more reapers today. Made almost 2 quarts of sauce. Saved seeds from reapers and ghosts so I'll give growing them a shot next year.

Attachments

• Carolina Reaper.jpg
    Carolina Reaper.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 person
Here's a video about the new hot sauce made with "Pepper X", the new hottest pepper created by Smokin' Ed Currie, the guy who created the Reaper. Ed is on here and they talk about the pepper and the sauce. Pretty interesting watch if you're into that kind of stuff.

https://youtu.be/-zCYX0esYlo

Here's a video about the new hot sauce made with "Pepper X", the new hottest pepper created by Smokin' Ed Currie, the guy who created the Reaper. Ed is on here and they talk about the pepper and the sauce. Pretty interesting watch if you're into that kind of stuff.

https://youtu.be/-zCYX0esYlo

That's awesome. Thanks for the share!

Been drying my Thai chilis and finally made some Thai jerky. Not super hot but damn good.

Attachments

• IMG_20170924_1244544.jpg
    IMG_20170924_1244544.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 2
Not a hot pepper, but in this same vein, I just discovered hot capocollo...where has this been all my life?

Anybody tried these? I just had them pretty hot but I've seen videos of people freaking out eating them, they definitely aren't that hot.

Attachments

• 20171006_190841.jpg
    20171006_190841.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1
Man, I wish I had found this thread earlier.

I have grown peppers and made and sold sauce for the last 3 years.

This year I did:
3 Tabasco plants (my main product)
1 Cajun Belle
1 Jalapeno
2 Hot Lemon Habanero
2 Cayenne

I've sold about 65 bottles so far this year and I have more orders for Christmas gifts.

Pretty much sold out of everything except Tabasco and what I call my Magnificent 7 sauce (has 7 hot peppers in it - Carolina Reapers, Scorpions, and then the 5 types I listed above).

I have a gallon of Tabascos and a gallon of chopped Jalapenos in the freezer and a couple of quarts left of Tabasco sauce. Have 1 quart left of the Mag 7 and have a quart of mash each of Habanero and Cayenne.

This has been my most productive season so far. Had more Tabascos this year than I knew what to do with.

Reactions: 2 people
Man, I wish I had found this thread earlier.

I have grown peppers and made and sold sauce for the last 3 years.

This year I did:
3 Tabasco plants (my main product)
1 Cajun Belle
1 Jalapeno
2 Hot Lemon Habanero
2 Cayenne

I've sold about 65 bottles so far this year and I have more orders for Christmas gifts.

Pretty much sold out of everything except Tabasco and what I call my Magnificent 7 sauce (has 7 hot peppers in it - Carolina Reapers, Scorpions, and then the 5 types I listed above).

I have a gallon of Tabascos and a gallon of chopped Jalapenos in the freezer and a couple of quarts left of Tabasco sauce. Have 1 quart left of the Mag 7 and have a quart of mash each of Habanero and Cayenne.

This has been my most productive season so far. Had more Tabascos this year than I knew what to do with.

That's awesome. I'd love to try it sometime. BTW - have you joined the "for the love of hotsauce" Facebook group? They've got several thousand members. I promise you'll sell some sauce if you join. They've got no problem sharing product info etc.

I'm looking into making my own down the road as well. Still trying to master growing peppers.

Last edited:
Luckily we've got a long growing season and I was able to get a couple of scorpions to ripen. I thought all was lost but once the temps dropped I finally got a couple.

I brought one scorpion and one habanero inside to over winter. The hab was a good producer and still has about a dozen pods on it.

I'm still learning but this year I've made:

1. Grapefruit Habanero
  2. Lost Coast Brewery Tangerine Cranberry Habanero
  3. Cherry Habanero (and my Cherry Habnero BBQ Sauce)
  4. West Coast Ghost (garlic, carrots ghost)
  5. Serrano Jalapeno Verde

I also made several pepper salts and have two ferments going. One will be a traditional Lousianna Style Suace the other a fermented Grapefruit Hab.

Attachments

• 23722695_2017567378268571_5712036862629120043_n.jpg
    23722695_2017567378268571_5712036862629120043_n.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 22780336_1318088875004101_1136952296604259718_n.jpg
    22780336_1318088875004101_1136952296604259718_n.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20170831_0834397.jpg
    IMG_20170831_0834397.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171110_0949506.jpg
    IMG_20171110_0949506.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2
Luckily we've got a long growing season and I was able to get a couple of scorpions to ripen. I thought all was lost but once the temps dropped I finally got a couple.

I brought one scorpion and one habanero inside to over winter. The hab was a good producer and still has about a dozen pods on it.

I'm still learning but this year I've made:

1. Grapefruit Habanero
  2. Lost Coast Brewery Tangerine Cranberry Habanero
  3. Cherry Habanero (and my Cherry Habnero BBQ Sauce)
  4. West Coast Ghost (garlic, carrots ghost)
  5. Serrano Jalapeno Verde

I also made several pepper salts and have two ferments going. One will be a traditional Lousianna Style Suace the other a fermented Grapefruit Hab.

That's awesome! I have never thought to try salt!

I have been debating whether to go with the "flavored" sauces or not. A friend of mine wants me to make a mango habanero sauce with the little bit of habanero mash I currently have. I suppose that's a good place to start. I just have no idea how much mango or fruit to use because I don't want to overpower the peppers.

That's awesome! I have never thought to try salt!

I have been debating whether to go with the "flavored" sauces or not. A friend of mine wants me to make a mango habanero sauce with the little bit of habanero mash I currently have. I suppose that's a good place to start. I just have no idea how much mango or fruit to use because I don't want to overpower the peppers.

I like fruit in some of my sauces. I LOVE my cherry habenero as I can easily add that to my BBQ sauce which is killer. Mago hab would be perfect for wings IMO. The citrus ones that I make (orange/grapefruit) are specifically for seafood, Yucatan, Jerk chicken type dinners. The cranberry - well that was for Thanksgiving. lol

Here's my recipe for Cherry Habanero Hot Sauce / BBQ if you need some inspiration.

Smoked Cherry Habanero Hot Sauce

1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted
8-16 fresh habanero peppers (it really depends who it's for - 8 will certainly light most people up)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
1 cup cider vinegar
zest & juice of 1 lemon

Smoke pitted cherries and habaneros for about an hour. Remove and cool until they’re easy to handle, about 10 minutes.
Add the cherries, habaneros, salt, and vinegar to a blender and process until very smooth. Strain through a medium-mesh strainer 3 times.

Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce

3/4 cup ketchup (or BBQ sauce)
1 1/2 cups Cherry Habanero Hot Sauce
3 teaspoons molasses
1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the mixture until heated and reduced to the consistency you are looking for. I prefer it thick so I kept in on med-low heat for at least 20 minutes.

Just started my seeds for this year:

3x - Tabasco
2x - Golden Cayenne
1x - Hot Lemon
1x - Red Cayenne
1x - Jalapeno
1x - Cajun Belle

Getting some Carolina Reaper seeds from a friend in the next couple of days, so I will have one or two of those as well.

Got my seeds going a few weeks ago. Planted about 50 of each. Several already coming up.

12 - Jalapeno
15 - Cayenne
10 - Habanero
18 - Ghost
6 - Carolina Reaper

Got my seeds going a few weeks ago. Planted about 50 of each. Several already coming up.

12 - Jalapeno
15 - Cayenne
10 - Habanero
18 - Ghost
6 - Carolina Reaper

That's a lot of plants! :good!: I've started some as well.

4 Red Scorpion
4 Thai (2 red 2 orange)
1 Orange hab
1 Red Scotch Bonnet
3 Sugar rush peach
2 Aji Lemon

Just started my seeds for this year:

3x - Tabasco
2x - Golden Cayenne
1x - Hot Lemon
1x - Red Cayenne
1x - Jalapeno
1x - Cajun Belle

Getting some Carolina Reaper seeds from a friend in the next couple of days, so I will have one or two of those as well.

It's that time of year!

That's a lot of plants! :good!: I've started some as well.

4 Red Scorpion
4 Thai (2 red 2 orange)
1 Orange hab
1 Red Scotch Bonnet
3 Sugar rush peach
2 Aji Lemon

This is my first time growing them from seed so I planted alot in case some didn't come up. I've already got friends and family wanting any extras, lol.

12 - Jalapeno
15 - Cayenne
10 - Habanero
18 - Ghost
6 - Carolina Reaper

Dang! I wish I had room for that much, lol. I would have to take over the "regular" garden as my wife calls it.

VN Store

Back