Super Hot Peppers

Finally #ghosts

Congrats, those look good! I'm interested to read what you do or did with them.

I'm going through discouragement at the moment. My ghost plant has root rot. Both peppers I harvested looked beautiful on the outside but molded and rotten on the inside. Its still blooming so I'm gonna see what happens, but Ive read that when this happens, destroying the plant is best.

A lot going wrong with my seedlings too. Glad I went into this with an experiment attitude.

Here's a couple sauce recipes I made with some of my peppers last weekend if anyone is interested.

Belizean Style Habanero Sauce
Ingredients
• 1onion, chopped
• 2garlic cloves, chopped
• 1cup carrot, chopped
• 2cups water
• 10habanero peppers, seeded and fine chopped (more or less based on the heat level you desire.)
• 3tablespoons lime juice, can also use orange juice
• 3tablespoons white vinegar
• 1teaspoon salt
• optional papayas, prickly pear fruit or mango

Directions
1. Sauté garlic in coated sauce pan.
2. Once the garlic starts to give off it's aroma, add the onion, carrots, and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft.
3. Remove from heat .
4. Add habaneros, optional fruits, lime juice and salt to the carrot mixture.
5. Place in a blender and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.

Cayenne Sauce
Ingredients
• 18fresh cayenne peppers (ends & stems removed)
• 1 1⁄2cups white vinegar
• 2teaspoons garlic, minced
• 1teaspoon salt
• 1teaspoon garlic powder
Directions
1. There are two different ways to prepare this sauce. You can use fresh cayenne peppers, or you can use cayenne peppers from your garden that you have canned.
2. If you're using fresh cayenne peppers, simply remove the ends and measure all of the ingredients into a small saucepan.
3. Heat over medium heat until boiling.
4. Reduce the heat slightly, but so the mixture continues to boil.
5. Simmer about 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove the mixture from heat, carefully pour it into a blender & puree until thick and smooth.

Note- The instructions didn't include it but I strained mine to remove some of the pulp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thisr recipes sound awesome.. never made my in but I may have to give it a try.

Here's a couple sauce recipes I made with some of my peppers last weekend if anyone is interested.

Belizean Style Habanero Sauce
Ingredients
• 1onion, chopped
• 2garlic cloves, chopped
• 1cup carrot, chopped
• 2cups water
• 10habanero peppers, seeded and fine chopped (more or less based on the heat level you desire.)
• 3tablespoons lime juice, can also use orange juice
• 3tablespoons white vinegar
• 1teaspoon salt
• optional papayas, prickly pear fruit or mango

Directions
1. Sauté garlic in coated sauce pan.
2. Once the garlic starts to give off it's aroma, add the onion, carrots, and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft.
3. Remove from heat .
4. Add habaneros, optional fruits, lime juice and salt to the carrot mixture.
5. Place in a blender and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.

Cayenne Sauce
Ingredients
• 18fresh cayenne peppers (ends & stems removed)
• 1 1⁄2cups white vinegar
• 2teaspoons garlic, minced
• 1teaspoon salt
• 1teaspoon garlic powder
Directions
1. There are two different ways to prepare this sauce. You can use fresh cayenne peppers, or you can use cayenne peppers from your garden that you have canned.
2. If you're using fresh cayenne peppers, simply remove the ends and measure all of the ingredients into a small saucepan.
3. Heat over medium heat until boiling.
4. Reduce the heat slightly, but so the mixture continues to boil.
5. Simmer about 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove the mixture from heat, carefully pour it into a blender & puree until thick and smooth.

Thanks! I'll definitely be making some sauces as I get more peppers and this is very helpful. Right now I'm just freezing everything as they ripen.

I'm going through discouragement at the moment. My ghost plant has root rot. Both peppers I harvested looked beautiful on the outside but molded and rotten on the inside. Its still blooming so I'm gonna see what happens, but Ive read that when this happens, destroying the plant is best.

A lot going wrong with my seedlings too. Glad I went into this with an experiment attitude.

Definitely a learning experience. I've still got flowers but they keeping dropping in this heat 100+ Daily. Hopefully I'll get some to stick around.

Definitely a learning experience. I've still got flowers but they keeping dropping in this heat 100+ Daily. Hopefully I'll get some to stick around.

I just read your response to salute, are you freezing the ghost peppers? Not even gonna try one?

I know this is a thread about super hots, but can any pepper be substituted in those recipes? Like jalapeno or Chipotle?

don't give up Behr....you'll get them to produce

Not giving up Ill, just frustrated trying to figure out where I went wrong or if it was even me. Could have been the seeds.

Ghost pepper plant was my fault and I'll know better in the future.

I just read your response to salute, are you freezing the ghost peppers? Not even gonna try one?

Freezing everything except the mild peppers. I want to be fully stocked when I start making decisions on what sauces, rubs, etc. I want to make. Not enough ghosts to waste just chewing one up in misery.

I've read it's BS. Nothing to substantiate the claim.

Really?

Last I heard the people that grew it were waiting for GBWR to verify it as the hottest pepper. Evidently it is going to be used medically for anesthesia purposes.

Freezing everything except the mild peppers. I want to be fully stocked when I start making decisions on what sauces, rubs, etc. I want to make. Not enough ghosts to waste just chewing one up in misery.

Haha, I understand.

Are you going to slice them and keep the seeds or freeze them whole?

That sounds like blossom end rot (tomatoes do the same thing). Usually it's a water or calcium thing.

My daughter has a friend that ate half a Carolina Reaper. She told him I had some. He said, throw them away and forget you ever had them. lol. I made a hot sauce with them today. Tried a taste and a blue flame instantly shot out my ass. All I can say is be very careful with these things. I feel like I've been sprayed in the face with pepper spray. Next time I'll make it outside. I'll use this sauce to kick up chili and stuff.

VN Store

Back