Super Bowl Ring

And yet the other 84 scholarship players that year stuck it out and played for each other til the end.
Different situation. He made the right choice. It sucks he left, but I never hated him because of it. Call me a quitter, hate me all you want, but when it comes to my future, health, millions of dollars, and living out my dream. I'm going to do what's best for me.

Last edited:

I40flyer

keeping it real
Different situation. He made the right choice. It sucks he left, but I never hated him because of it. Call me a quitter, hate me all you want, but when it comes to my future, health, millions of dollars, and living out my dream. I'm going to do what's best for me.
I have no argument with your post. Plus, there is no telling what could/would have happened to his "stock" had he continued to be "coached" by boy butch...

VaBornVol

Hurd was four games away from being a Tennessee HS/college football legend. I get the switch to WR for a longer NFL career, but as a 3rd round pick, the gamble now only pays off if he has enough production to sign a big second contract because he had first round money waiting as a RB

thehill98

Is Hurd the first Vol to play most of their significant career here and then go somewhere else to finish up, other than stepping down to a small school because of discipline?

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
Is Hurd the first Vol to play most of their significant career here and then go somewhere else to finish up, other than stepping down to a small school because of discipline?
Great question. He may be. Others have transferred but not after the numbers Hurd put up.

Vol_sanity

Junior Varsity
Hurd will always trigger some, and I get that. It was a sad end to what could have ended with him being on top of a great list of RB's. Was a huge recruit at a time when we needed something to feel good about with this program. I get why he quit mid season, but I mostly blame CBJ. Really is a fascinating story to look back on...

VN Store

Sponsors