Super Bowl Ring

If you give up on the team mid season, you weren’t even a Vol For a Season. Makes it hard to be one “for life”.

With that said, it is hard to hate on anyone giving up on Butch or Dooley. They were shite and would have been bad for anyone long term. The guys have to consider their NFL or professional careers at some point.

Funny how fans treat Hurd and Sherrion Jones, who quit UT 2 times. One actually did some things one the field and the other led cheers on the sideline during the VT game.

Reactions: RollerVol
Hurd hurt himself by leaving. It cost him an entire year in the pros that Kamara was playing. He could have finished out the year, set the all time rushing record at Tennessee, which I feel would have really helped his draft stock. I don't wish bad on anybody, but I never understood his decision.

By the way, I was in Athens for the Dobbs nail boot. For some reason I was at the concession stand for the play Hurd lazed into the end zone, got whallopped and fumbled. I'm sure seeing that would have only increased my dislike for him, but as it turned out, what a magical game that was

VN Store

Back