Suggestions for freak

@Freak

What is the point of old threads if they get unbumped any time you comment in one? Seriously, I ran across a post from 2015 in a thread commenting on Pruitt eventually becoming a HC. I thought it oddly prophetic and said so. Then the post gets deleted? How is that offensive? Not trying to make unnecessary waves, but what am I missing?
The point of old threads is they were once a discussion.

I’m assuming “offensive” is your term. Just not a big fan of bumping old threads. It confuses people, for one.

Reactions: treecejc
The point of old threads is they were once a discussion.

I’m assuming “offensive” is your term. Just not a big fan of bumping old threads. It confuses people, for one.
And the discussion can't be renewed? I'll admit, it was a change in the topic, but it was a legitimate comment on a past post. Guy(or gal) made a call on Pruitt in 2015.

I use "offensive" because I thought that was the main cause for deleting posts. Someone finds it offensive.

As for confusion, half the threads on VN confuse me, but I don't think they should be erased. Different strokes for different folks.

I get you and the mods have a tough job, but I honestly saw it as harmless conversation, so I guess I'm just not sure what the malfunction was.

No offense @Weezer, but I asked @Freak to stick all the old stuff in their own sub forum months ago because several had been regurgitated, which I find annoying, and got shot down too lol.

Last edited:
And the discussion can't be renewed? I'll admit, it was a change in the topic, but it was a legitimate comment on a past post. Guy(or gal) made a call on Pruitt in 2015.

I use "offensive" because I thought that was the main cause for deleting posts. Someone finds it offensive.

As for confusion, half the threads on VN confuse me, but I don't think they should be erased. Different strokes for different folks.

I get you and the mods have a tough job, but I honestly saw it as harmless conversation, so I guess I'm just not sure what the malfunction was.
The malfunction, as I explained, is bumping old threads. Start a new thread if there’s a topic you want to discuss. Problem solved.

No offense @Weezer, but I asked @Freak to stuck all the old stuff in their own sub forum months ago because several had been regurgitated, which I find annoying, and got shot down too lol.
It is annoying. Lol. We don’t need a sub forum if we get folks to stop bumping them. Ideally, I’d just close all threads over a certain age. That’s probably the easiest solution, if it comes to that.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
The malfunction, as I explained, is bumping old threads. Start a new thread if there’s a topic you want to discuss. Problem solved.
You miss the point, but it's not worth arguing.

You miss the point, but it's not worth arguing.
I think you miss the point.

And I looked at your bumped thread. Looks like a discussion about you liking old posts. Quite relevant.

I think you miss the point.

And I looked at your bumped thread. Looks like a discussion about you liking old posts. Quite relevant.

Actually, the bumped thread wasn't about that. Look again and you'll see it's exactly what I stated above, a comment on how another poster talked about Pruitt eventually becoming a HC. After that, me and GV got off topic, but the original bump is what I said.

The liking old posts things is how I found it, which is actually irrelevant and harmless. But if you feel it needs to be kiboshed, that's your call.

Yes. To be honest, I've been trying to wait until the season is over here in a couple of weeks. I have to make an alternation to the database, which should be simple. However, if something goes wrong and I have to restore from backup, I don't want the board to be down during a game week.
Any update resurrecting the likes or can we consider them gone for good? Since I've been a member on the board for a very long time, my stats (messages / likes) are about half what they once were since the update.

@Freak

Can we have the ability to ignore replies to people on our ignore list? It looks so weird to see a post where someone is having a conversation with the person on my ignore list. It sometimes confuses me, because i don't know what they're talking about. I'd rather hide the conversation with the ignored person all together.

@Freak

Can we have the ability to ignore replies to people on our ignore list? It looks so weird to see a post where someone is having a conversation with the person on my ignore list. It sometimes confuses me, because i don't know what they're talking about. I'd rather hide the conversation with the ignored person all together.
Not an option with the software, unfortunately.

Reactions: 508mikey
@Freak I haven’t read this whole thread and maybe it’s been discussed, but. What are the possibilities of getting a dark mode option? Everything I run on IOS is set to that mode, then come to VN and it’s almost blinding.

Reactions: Vol knight
@Freak I haven’t read this whole thread and maybe it’s been discussed, but. What are the possibilities of getting a dark mode option? Everything I run on IOS is set to that mode, then come to VN and it’s almost blinding.
Yeah I’m in the early stages of working on one. It’s not completed yet and I’m not thrilled with the results so far but I do plan to have one at some point. I’m a dark mode guy myself.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
Yeah I’m in the early stages of working on one. It’s not completed yet and I’m not thrilled with the results so far but I do plan to have one at some point. I’m a dark mode guy myself.
Problem solved
Chris-Farley-Sunglasses-Flip-Shock.gif

VN Store

Back