Strong chance to start 13-0

Why not 23-0? I would hate for kentucky to be able to brag that they ended our perfect season. Not that I think that will be the tougher than going to UCONN and winning. But tomorrow night's game is a dangerous 1. As are several others.

Angel is a good kid but didnt accept his role on the team. Ive heard other things might be the issue for him leaving at Christmas however, he has not contributed much so far. He is 6'11" but thinks he is a point guard. Not good for a team that lacks in rebounding and post play. one thing of note is that his loss made us activate Tsafack who has proven to be a beast on the glass however is very inexperienced and an offensive liability.

Also to comment on going 22-0, its going to be interesting to see how UTK responds to a good zone defense. I cant believe no one has really forced a solid 2-3 zone and extended it. Yall take a lot of 3-pt shots which is good when you make them but can lead to bad nights. when one of those bad shooting nights occurs, it will be interesting to see if the team stops jacking them up and attempts a higher percentage shot or they keep chunking them.

we stopped shooting them saturday when we were making them.

Last edited:
Slow down there Kemosabe. I just said that Tennessee takes a lot of three point attempts in a game. I never said Memphis didnt.

All you needed to do was admit that you were basing this assumption on past TN teams, and not this years team. TN ranks 253rd out of Div. 1 teams at 3pt attempts per game, while Memphis for example is in the top 44. This years TN team is not just settling for 3pt shots. Now, maybe they will against a zone, but I guess we shall see.

All you needed to do was admit that you were basing this assumption on past TN teams, and not this years team. TN ranks 253rd out of Div. 1 teams at 3pt attempts per game, while Memphis for example is in the top 44. This years TN team is not just settling for 3pt shots. Now, maybe they will against a zone, but I guess we shall see.

I was basing it off the games Ive seen this year so far (Pitt and MTSU). It just appeared they took a lot of 3 pt shots those two games although they were falling. No, I didnt take the time to go research it, I just offered a viewpoint from the games that I have seen.

I was basing it off the games Ive seen this year so far (Pitt and MTSU). It just appeared they took a lot of 3 pt shots those two games although they were falling. No, I didnt take the time to go research it, I just offered a viewpoint from the games that I have seen.

once again, tennessee took 11 3s against pitt. Most of them were within a few minutes of each other. They shot only 3 3s the entire 2nd half despite a great percentage.

i expect to get to at least 15-0... but Vandys had our number the last couple years. well see what happens with them. if we get by USC, Memp, Fla, and Vandy ill buy my tickets to the Final Four...

i expect to get to at least 15-0... but Vandys had our number the last couple years. well see what happens with them. if we get by USC, Memp, Fla, and Vandy ill buy my tickets to the Final Four...

We have an absolute murderers row from 1/08/11 - 1/22/11. I am right there with you, we make it out of that undefeated and I am ordering tickets for Houston.

We have an absolute murderers row from 1/08/11 - 1/22/11. I am right there with you, we make it out of that undefeated and I am ordering tickets for Houston.

Couldnt give my Tigers any props for being ranked and an in state rival could ya?

Couldnt give my Tigers any props for being ranked and an in state rival could ya?

I'd like to say I did that intentionally just to put you on tilt, however it would seem I made a mistake looking at the schedule. Definetely need to have the Memphis State game in there :thumbsup:

I know ya'll are new to this, but here's how Final Four tickets work. You can buy them now for $300-500 from ticket brokers.

Every Final Four school is given a large # of tickets to sell. If you are a UTK season ticket holder, you can actually buy Final Four tickets at face value, instead of the inflated broker prices. I paid $180 for lower level in Alamodome in 2008. Just trying to help the neophytes save some cash. Merry Christmas.

I believe Oakland could be a trap game for us, they lost to Michigan St. by 1 pt and we are coming off a big top 5 win @ Pitt. Oakland has been known this year to start fast and finish slow, Tennessee needs to end there hopes quick.

VN Store

Back