Strong chance to start 13-0

Hey Oakland scares me a little....They just lost to Michigan St by only 1 yesterday....Look like a tough team and one that is prime for a big upset win...Just hope We stay on our toes because so far We look fantastic.

Hey Oakland scares me a little....They just lost to Michigan St by only 1 yesterday....Look like a tough team and one that is prime for a big upset win...Just hope We stay on our toes because so far We look fantastic.

oakland is a fantastic 3 point shooting team. one of the ncaas best as a team. our guards need to be in their face all night, thats for sure.

i quote hats famous words here. WE BEAT MEMPHIS EYES SHUT at home. their young guards wont handle our d.

i say we beat memphis by at least double digits. they will be without whiterspoon. and just got word one of their big man angel garcia is leaving to play pro ball in spain.

i say we beat memphis by at least double digits. they will be without whiterspoon. and just got word one of their big man angel garcia is leaving to play pro ball in spain.

Angel leaving during Christmas break? That'll be a blow for Memphis. He's not a star, but he has been a good bench player for them this year. A definite boost for us.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

if we loose to usc after we got drubbed by them last year, i will be highly surprised. vols will bo out for revenge against ole foul mouth kevin oneils team. i look for a tougher game with oakland then these misfits from the pac 10.

Godlock for COfC has the capability of getting hot and really making that a tough game.

I have seen them play in person and he is for real.

In the past, I would've been VERY concerned about deflation after these epic wins early on, but I was really encouraged by how we bounced back after beating Nova...no apparent loss of intensity. I hope we show that same focus tomorrow night against Oakland. I don't know if MSU is just emerging as a pretender or if Oakland is an upstart threat, but either way, we need to take them very seriously.

Early success seems to have washed away the board's strong disdain for Pearl's misconduct.

Just sayin.'

Not washed it away, legitimized it. Haven't you heard? Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Pearl's been spanked, lg, whatta ya want?!! It's not like he killed somebody. He shouldn't have lied, but there is something to be said for repentance, and I think he's genuine. Let's move on.

Angel leaving during Christmas break? That'll be a blow for Memphis. He's not a star, but he has been a good bench player for them this year. A definite boost for us.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think Garcia leaving may actually hurt us. Everytime I watch Memphis play he stands out to me as the worst player on their team. We could have abused him.

Pearl's been spanked, lg, whatta ya want?!! It's not like he killed somebody. He shouldn't have lied, but there is something to be said for repentance, and I think he's genuine. Let's move on.

If you weren't winning, your position would be different.

Look, I for one am not all that bothered by having a recruit over to his house. Absent proof of improper influence through money or perks, I don't see what the big deal is.

He was an idiot for initially lying, but that's water under the bridge.

My point is that a number of folks on here wanted the guy run out on a rail for embarrassing the program and now they want him inducted into the hall of fame.

Even hat, who spat venom when Pearl was hired, warned people that Pearl would be trouble, and then chortled a bit when he got in trouble with a little bit of "I told you so," is on the bandwagon simply because the team is winning.

I congratulate you on your success and am envious of it. Don't see the Gators competing with you really at all this year.

But let's be honest. If you were .500 the "Pearl Should Go" threads would strongly outnumber the "Look How High We Are In The Rankings" threads.

Look, I for one am not all that bothered by having a recruit over to his house. Absent proof of improper influence through money or perks, I don't see what the big deal is.

My point is that a number of folks on here wanted the guy run out on a rail for embarrassing the program and now they want him inducted into the hall of fame.

Even hat, who spat venom when Pearl was hired, warned people that Pearl would be trouble, and then chortled a bit when he got in trouble with a little bit of "I told you so," is on the bandwagon simply because the team is winning.

I congratulate you on your success and am envious of it. Don't see the Gators competing with you really at all this year.

But let's be honest. If you were .500 the "Pearl Should Go" threads would strongly outnumber the "Look How High We Are In The Rankings" threads.
Yeah well the Gator fans were looking past all those arrests when they were winning titles and playing for championships. Winning does mask things doesn't it. Don't be a hypocrite Gator. Pearl is going to get hammered in a few months, it will be severe you can bet on that.

Yeah well the Gator fans were looking past all those arrests when they were winning titles and playing for championships. Winning does mask things doesn't it. Don't be a hypocrite Gator. Pearl is going to get hammered in a few months, it will be severe you can bet on that.

That was sort of my point.

And if we weren't winning, I doubt you'd even bring it up. I'm no psychologist, but I'd say your bringing it up is envy-motivated. If your concern isn't mainly over the crime itself, just over our dismissive attitude toward it, then you're apparently just trying to convince a fan base that we have no moral right to be glad our team is winning. Good luck.

I think Garcia leaving may actually hurt us. Everytime I watch Memphis play he stands out to me as the worst player on their team. We could have abused him.

Angel is a good kid but didnt accept his role on the team. Ive heard other things might be the issue for him leaving at Christmas however, he has not contributed much so far. He is 6'11" but thinks he is a point guard. Not good for a team that lacks in rebounding and post play. one thing of note is that his loss made us activate Tsafack who has proven to be a beast on the glass however is very inexperienced and an offensive liability.

Also to comment on going 22-0, its going to be interesting to see how UTK responds to a good zone defense. I cant believe no one has really forced a solid 2-3 zone and extended it. Yall take a lot of 3-pt shots which is good when you make them but can lead to bad nights. when one of those bad shooting nights occurs, it will be interesting to see if the team stops jacking them up and attempts a higher percentage shot or they keep chunking them.

Angel is a good kid but didnt accept his role on the team. Ive heard other things might be the issue for him leaving at Christmas however, he has not contributed much so far. He is 6'11" but thinks he is a point guard. Not good for a team that lacks in rebounding and post play. one thing of note is that his loss made us activate Tsafack who has proven to be a beast on the glass however is very inexperienced and an offensive liability.

Also to comment on going 22-0, its going to be interesting to see how UTK responds to a good zone defense. I cant believe no one has really forced a solid 2-3 zone and extended it. Yall take a lot of 3-pt shots which is good when you make them but can lead to bad nights. when one of those bad shooting nights occurs, it will be interesting to see if the team stops jacking them up and attempts a higher percentage shot or they keep chunking them.
goins is a good enough point guard to drive and penetrate a good zone. key to breaking down a zone is patience and great periemeter shooting.

Maybe you should know what your talking about before you spot off. UT takes 15.7 3 point shots a game, while Memphis takes 21.8. I did per game average, since Memphis has played 1 more game. Also, UT has taken far less than their opponents, while Memphis has taken more.

UT Opponents 3's attempted per game: 23.5
Memphis Opponents 3's: 16.7

Maybe you should know what your talking about before you spot off. UT takes 15.7 3 point shots a game, while Memphis takes 21.8. I did per game average, since Memphis has played 1 more game. Also, UT has taken far less than their opponents, while Memphis has taken more.

UT Opponents 3's attempted per game: 23.5
Memphis Opponents 3's: 16.7

Slow down there Kemosabe. I just said that Tennessee takes a lot of three point attempts in a game. I never said Memphis didnt.

VN Store

Back