Strength/Conditioning Coach?

Randy Beaver

I'm interested in knowing a little bit more about S&C coach Craig Fitzgerald. My wife and I finished our study of blocking schemes this weekend. We studied the Vols combo blocking schemes. It was really hard to imitate with only the 2 of us, but we double teamed our St. Bernard, Bielema, just to see if we were able to get leverage and force him off the line. He wasn't very cooperative, but we do feel like the Vols combo blocking techniques were solid based on our limited knowledge of offensive line play. After our discussion on offensive line play, alot of you felt like recruiting and strength/conditioning are the issues that need to be addressed. I would like to know what Coach's training philosophies and regimens are. Any of you have any insight?
I don't know if Coach Fitzgerald would be interested, but here is what has worked for me for years. I do it each morning, and I am fit as a fiddle. Players would definitely get strong, lean, mean, and speedy.

First off, I begin by doing each one of these exercises for 1 lap around my block.
- Backwards Walk
- Squat Walk
- Bear Crawls

I then do 3 sets of 10 of the following in my driveway:
- Squat Thrusts
- Burpees
- Spider Man Pushups
- 3 x 1 minute sets of Mountain Climbers with ankle weights
- Crunches

I don't know how to attach pictures yet or I would show you before pictures from 9 years ago. My body transformation has been amazing.

I'm interested in knowing a little bit more about S&C coach Craig Fitzgerald. My wife and I finished our study of blocking schemes this weekend. We studied the Vols combo blocking schemes. It was really hard to imitate with only the 2 of us, but we double teamed our St. Bernard, Bielema, just to see if we were able to get leverage and force him off the line. He wasn't very cooperative, but we do feel like the Vols combo blocking techniques were solid based on our limited knowledge of offensive line play. After our discussion on offensive line play, alot of you felt like recruiting and strength/conditioning are the issues that need to be addressed. I would like to know what Coach's training philosophies and regimens are. Any of you have any insight?
I don't know if Coach Fitzgerald would be interested, but here is what has worked for me for years. I do it each morning, and I am fit as a fiddle. Players would definitely get strong, lean, mean, and speedy.

First off, I begin by doing each one of these exercises for 1 lap around my block.
- Backwards Walk
- Squat Walk
- Bear Crawls

- Squat Thrusts
- Burpees
- Spider Man Pushups
- Crunches

I don't know how to attach pictures yet or I would show you before pictures from 9 years ago. My body transformation has been amazing.
Ignore the haters. Sometimes I run around my neighborhood with one of those small parachutes. I even took it a step further and tied a little army man parachute to the back of my shoes. Also have wrist and ankle weights. Got a bright Nike "volt" headband to keep the sweat out of my eyes while running the 40 past my neighbor's house. I haven't studied blocking schemes, but I'll do that today. When the wife gets home and needs to use the toilet, I'll try to block her. She gets mean when she has to piss, so it should be a good test of my skills.

Keep doing your thing.

If Coach Fitz is worth his salt, he'll make our guys run the 50 yard dash instead of the 40, all while a pack bears chase them. All of those other pansies in the SEC are running 40's, so we must outwork them! If we're not doing this, fire the whole staff and start over!!!

Reactions: Plecoptera

- Backwards Walk
- Squat Walk
- Bear Crawls

- Squat Thrusts
- Burpees
- Spider Man Pushups
- Crunches

We don't need to see your "before and after" photos.....we'll take your word for it.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

- Backwards Walk
- Squat Walk
- Bear Crawls

- Squat Thrusts
- Burpees
- Spider Man Pushups
- Crunches

tenor (5).gif

I'm interested in knowing a little bit more about S&C coach Craig Fitzgerald. My wife and I finished our study of blocking schemes this weekend. We studied the Vols combo blocking schemes. It was really hard to imitate with only the 2 of us, but we double teamed our St. Bernard, Bielema, just to see if we were able to get leverage and force him off the line. He wasn't very cooperative, but we do feel like the Vols' combo blocking techniques were solid based on our limited knowledge of offensive line play. After our discussion on offensive line play, a lot of you felt like recruiting and strength/conditioning are the issues that need to be addressed. I would like to know what Coach's training philosophies and regimens are. Any of you have any insight?
I don't know if Coach Fitzgerald would be interested, but here is what has worked for me for years. I do it each morning and I am fit as a fiddle.

Not this one, I hope:

Fiddle.png

Reactions: GlockVol
Thanks for that op. Good imagination. I retired last year and have gained a few pounds so I have started biking and running again. My son is a cerified crossfit instructor. Will have to get him to teach me some workouts, LOL. I laughed till I cried. BTW, my neighbors would call the police if someone bearwalked down the street. Have half and full marathon runners in the neighborhood but haven't seen any bearwalkers. Lol

Reactions: RollerVol and Alto1
deep squats, pelvic thrusts, snatch, clean and jerks, inverted rows, shrugs, 100yd sprint, and a hardy shake weight routine on non training days is all anyone really needs to stay fit.

Reactions: Obsessed

VN Store

Back