Strength Coach?

I'm not going to lie. I'm still bitter AF about Fitz leaving. I understand that business is business but damn, we bring this guy in, allow him to completely redesign the weight room (which I'm sure was not cheap), pay him a lot of money, and he bolts after 2 years the second the NFL comes calling.
I’m not bitter at all. He left the NFL to be a part of this rebuild...and we’re the better for it. If we hire a good replacement, I won’t miss the annual top candidate for any job opening that came with the package.

Reactions: LittleVol
I feel the same. I mean he just got his program fully implemented and running smooth and now he is gone. I mean we are on our what, 3rd or 4th S&C coach since 2015? That’s crazy. Replacing Fitz will not be easy. As a matter of fact I think our S&C takes a step back this year.
The guys running it the last 3 seasons are still there. Minus the face but they all get raises and very little to nothing changes imo.

The guys running it the last 3 seasons are still there. Minus the face but they all get raises and very little to nothing changes imo.

I hope not. I think Fitz really did a tremendous job. Hopefully whatever he implemented will still be used.

Any minor setbacks physical training wise would most likely have happened anyway under Fitz. Pandemic off season thing.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
I feel the same. I mean he just got his program fully implemented and running smooth and now he is gone. I mean we are on our what, 3rd or 4th S&C coach since 2015? That’s crazy. Replacing Fitz will not be easy. As a matter of fact I think our S&C takes a step back this year.

Everyone’s S&C will suffer until gyms reopen.

Fitz was never going to be a long term thing, he likes the NFL lifestyle and schedule. Let’s just hope his assistants learned a majority of his training tips and tricks and how to effectively program. These coaches are young but they bring a lot of emotion and energy and that’s almost as important to keep the athletes engaged. I did like the fact that they would perform the workouts before the players to see what seemed more effective and trim what wasn’t necessary.

Fitz did say he believes one of his assistants would be a great fit for them or something to that. So I'm sure he had a nice long talk with Pruitt on who he thinks would do a good job continuing his work. All isn't that lost I. I believe Fitz is probably like Pruitt in a sense that everyone knows that if you're a LB or DB you go to Pruitt bc he can and will get you to the next level. Well I think Fitz is like that with his assistants.

How are you doing, Duncan? I have thought of you often these past several months. You took an enormous blow and I know how hard it is to absorb something like that. I pray the gods are giving you guidance and bringing good things to your life. All the peace in the world upon you, brother.
It was tough going for a long time I won't lie. I don't think I would have gotten through it without my kids. They were the reason I got out of bed every morning. Time though has a way of toughing you up to the pain. I miss her everyday and some days are way tougher than others. She was my best friend and she took a peice of me with her. The truth is I wouldn't trade the pain for the 17 years I had her. It's been a little over a year now and I can say that I'm doing okay. The kids bounced back better than I could ever have dreamed but it guts me that they don't have a mother in their lives especially my little girls but they are troopers. Better days are ahead.

Thanks so much for checking in on me brother. It means the world to me. Volnation isn't a message board. It's a family. Yall got me through the darkest days of my life and I'll never forget that.

It was tough going for a long time I won't lie. I don't think I would have gotten through it without my kids. They were the reason I got out of bed every morning. Time though has a way of toughing you up to the pain. I miss her everyday and some days are way tougher than others. She was my best friend and she took a peice of me with her. The truth is I wouldn't trade the pain for the 17 years I had her. It's been a little over a year now and I can say that I'm doing okay. The kids bounced back better than I could ever have dreamed but it guts me that they don't have a mother in their lives especially my little girls but they are troopers. Better days are ahead.

Thanks so much for checking in on me brother. It means the world to me. Volnation isn't a message board. It's a family. Yall got me through the darkest days of my life and I'll never forget that.
This may sound weird Duncan, but I believe in guardian angels. Your kids now have the best possible guardian angel in their mother. I can't imagine what you've been through, but VN is here for you when you need us. All the best.

I'm not going to lie. I'm still bitter AF about Fitz leaving. I understand that business is business but damn, we bring this guy in, allow him to completely redesign the weight room (which I'm sure was not cheap), pay him a lot of money, and he bolts after 2 years the second the NFL comes calling.
If you have ever wanted an upgrade of a coach you are part of the culture that lead to him leaving. Not point in being bitter unless you are fine riding a coach out until he retires. If you treat it like a business and want the best, you cant complain when they treat it like business.

At least in this case we can say he took a step up from UT.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
He insists: "Eat your veggies".

Deserves a permaban for that post :mad:

eyes.gif

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back