Strength Coach?

Who is our new strength and conditioning coach? I have looked and didn't see it or over looked it. Are we not looking into a that right now bc of the Chinese Virus or what? Anyone have any clue what's going on?
AJ Artis unless another Fitz happens.

Reactions: sport3500
I'm available. Hell I dont know the first thing about it and would definitely suck at it but hey, politicians suck at their job and they still get paid. :D
On a serious note: I think we have seen how valuable a good S&C is and hope we get a good one for these young men
GBO!!

giphy.gif

I've been wondering this myself

How are you doing, Duncan? I have thought of you often these past several months. You took an enormous blow and I know how hard it is to absorb something like that. I pray the gods are giving you guidance and bringing good things to your life. All the peace in the world upon you, brother.

How are you doing, Duncan? I have thought of you often these past several months. You took an enormous blow and I know how hard it is to absorb something like that. I pray the gods are giving you guidance and bringing good things to your life. All the peace in the world upon you, brother.
Post of the year.

Who is our new strength and conditioning coach? I have looked and didn't see it or over looked it. Are we not looking into a that right now bc of the Chinese Virus or what? Anyone have any clue what's going on?

We know what happened the last time an assistant inherited the S&C program. This was one of Butch’s biggest mistakes. Things are almost identical to Butch’s pattern. Improves record. Recruits like heck and loses a great S&C coach only to promote an assistant from within. Our team never played with the same physicality again. I hope to God Pruitt doesn’t make the same mistake.

We know what happened the last time an assistant inherited the S&C program. This was one of Butch’s biggest mistakes. Things are almost identical to Butch’s pattern. Improves record. Recruits like heck and loses a great S&C coach only to promote an assistant from within. Our team never played with the same physicality again. I hope to God Pruitt doesn’t make the same mistake.

I've got to believe that considering how hard Pruitt fought to keep Fitz here, he understands the importance of a qualified S&C coach. There are just no corners you can cut in the SEC and be a winner. None.

I've got to believe that considering how hard Pruitt fought to keep Fitz here, he understands the importance of a qualified S&C coach. There are just no corners you can cut in the SEC and be a winner. None.

One would hope. Which makes me wonder why he would consider replacing someone like Fitz with someone that hardly has any experience, let alone experience running a major program.

I hate to tell you but I’ve heard he is promoting someone within.

The story I heard with Butch was Hart told him he would not pay the buyout for the S&C coach and fund another salary.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Every great S&C coach has been an assistant at some point in their career. Tommy Moffitt was an associate at UT when mighty Miami hired him off. Chris Doyle at Iowa was an OL coach at Holy Cross when Wisconsin hired him as their S&C guy and the mighty Scott Cochran was an assistant SC for a NBA team when Saban hired him. And you go with the trend of Butch promoting Szerszen? Different coaches make different kinds of hires. Pruitt has a pretty good record so far.

I hate to tell you but I’ve heard he is promoting someone within.

The story I heard with Butch was Hart told him he would not pay the buyout for the S&C coach and fund another salary.
It was well known that it was a player generated move. Szerszen had been running workouts the previous offseason and the players preferred him and told Butch. Obviously a bad mistake but lest anyone forget there was a string of soft tissue injuries that figures inside and outside of the program complained about since Lawson took over. Marcus Jackson and Rashaan Gaulden amongst them.

I'm not going to lie. I'm still bitter AF about Fitz leaving. I understand that business is business but damn, we bring this guy in, allow him to completely redesign the weight room (which I'm sure was not cheap), pay him a lot of money, and he bolts after 2 years the second the NFL comes calling.

I'm not going to lie. I'm still bitter AF about Fitz leaving. I understand that business is business but damn, we bring this guy in, allow him to completely redesign the weight room (which I'm sure was not cheap), pay him a lot of money, and he bolts after 2 years the second the NFL comes calling.

I feel the same. I mean he just got his program fully implemented and running smooth and now he is gone. I mean we are on our what, 3rd or 4th S&C coach since 2015? That’s crazy. Replacing Fitz will not be easy. As a matter of fact I think our S&C takes a step back this year.

Reactions: vegasvolfan

VN Store

Back