Stranger Things

This was a great season. The final two episodes were a bit of a let down. They play it way too safe with main characters. I never feel any sense of suspense at all, because I have learned they will not kill off a main character. Also, the epic fight that got hyped up between El and Vecna ended up being literally two shoves back and forth over the span of a few seconds. Some great visuals and sound design. Just left a lot in the table to me. They made that last episode nearly 2.5 hours long, and 30 minutes of it was just them reuniting in the cabin and talking. This was after an anticlimactic fight. I definitely felt let down at that point.

I 100% agree. As I said in the other post, Eddie dying was extremely predictible and this is 3 seasons in a row that they've introduced a new character that served up just to be the sacrifice (Bob Season 2, BIlly Season 3, Eddie Season 4). It's a bit lame at this point. Plus they got into The Walking Dead levels of overhype with saying the final 2 episodes would see a "blood bath" and that we'd lose characters only for it to turn out to be none of the main characters. The closest was Max ,and they lamed out a bit and didn't kill her. She's in really bad shape, but if they somehow make it that she makes a full recovery I'm going to call it major BS.

Ever since she was introduced, Max has been my favorite as well.

Really, what it boils down to is she is the only one of the kids who can actually act. MBB is OK, but nothing special. The boys are all duds. And then of the older kids, Steve has a very bright future, but we're likely never going to see Nancy or the gelfling in anything good again. Nancy could make it as a character actor, I suppose.

Lord help us. That would be the most depressing season yet. I'm not all the way through the season but I hope he gets laid at some point so he will stop his whining.
He was the main character in the first season and it's supposed to come full circle because he has a connection with Vecna. He was getting on my nerves to this season I thought he was coming out of the closet the way they kept doing his character.

He was the main character in the first season and it's supposed to come full circle because he has a connection with Vecna. He was getting on my nerves to this season I thought he was coming out of the closet the way they kept doing his character.
They were hinting at it. They talked about it in some interviews.

I was falling asleep TBH.

I'm a fan of the show because the good is so good (visually, the imagination of it all, the 80s nostalgia, over-arching plot), but the components that aren't good (casting, acting, dialog, small details of the story, action, etc.) are really, really bad. I'm so glad we got two stoner pizza guys, because the one was just so damn funny.

If this were an HBO-level premium show Will, Mike, or Lucas would have died a long time ago, and they probably would have killed Dusty at the break here in season 4. Like you say, there is no real suspense ever. Not only are they not going to die, I'm not even sure I would care if they do because I don't like any of them except Max and Dusty.
I thought the scene of Dustin and Eddie, plus the other scene of Lucas and Max, plus MAX running up that hill were very well done by those young actors, and I like Steve, so I figure he'll die next season because he is a third wheel.

I thought the scene of Dustin and Eddie, plus the other scene of Lucas and Max, plus MAX running up that hill were very well done by those young actors, and I like Steve, so I figure he'll die next season because he is a third wheel.
Add Will to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCP201
Lol even Millie Bobbie Brown said the show is too safe with the main characters.

I was pretty deveatated by what happened to
Max… Yeah she lived but that was rough.

I will say it was disappointing that Eddie basically got the same injuries as Steve but died.

Reactions: rocytop2624
He's definitely gay

Her brother was awesome as well.
He was by far my favorite character. I wanted a redemption arc for him with him basically becoming a younger Hopper to watch out for the kids. Ripping cigs and beating up aliens.

Eddie was the man. That Master of Puppets solo was epic in every sense of the word.

Eddie, IMO, was the best character this season. Max was second best. Sad to see Eddie go but he would have likely been killed anyway. Nobody was gonna believe that he was innocent.

I do think that Max will eventually die. She's already brain dead. If she "does" survive, it'll ruin the rest of the show IMO.

He pretty much did, at least to the audience.

He started crying after giving Mike the speech because he's in love with him. And his brother knows it and that's why he comforted him later

Eddie, IMO, was the best character this season. Max was second best. Sad to see Eddie go but he would have likely been killed anyway. Nobody was gonna believe that he was innocent.

I do think that Max will eventually die. She's already brain dead. If she "does" survive, it'll ruin the rest of the show IMO.

If they come up with some bs way for her to completely heal and be normal again by the end of the show, then yeah I'll agree it will be ruined.

VN Store

Back