Stranger Things

Binged this whole series over the past month or so. Really good show, season 4 is definitely the strongest season. A few things I would point out, some good/some bad:

-Over the course of the show, Eleven saved the day at the last minute wayyy too many times. The first time it was cool (when they were trapped in the house and she hurled the monster through the window), after that it became “When is El going to show up and save everyone again?” They would have benefitted from adding another hero to the story.

-Max is such a great character. The actress really nails that role. I loved the scene early in season 4 when Dustin asked her to join Hellfire club. Her reaction was so true to her character.

-Will’s “gay” aspect seems unbelievably forced.

-I got pretty tired of the Russian escape story arc. It was so detached from the main story, and kept popping back up at crucial moments that actually mattered to the overall plot. Several times it switched back to that and it was a bit of an eye roll.

-The Steve actor has a bright future in Hollywood.

-The basketball players chasing them around was another arc that got annoying. We really didn’t need that.

Tl:dr - Great show. Maybe a tad overrated but a lot of fun. Season 4 was the best season but had some annoying story arcs.

Reactions: give_him 6
-Over the course of the show, Eleven saved the day at the last minute wayyy too many times. The first time it was cool (when they were trapped in the house and she hurled the monster through the window), after that it became “When is El going to show up and save everyone again?” They would have benefitted from adding another hero to the story.

I tend to agree. They painted themselves in a corner by having them rely on El so much. But it also became kind of a joke by season 4. The Hawkins group had no idea she was getting her powers back and still went after Vecna anyway.

There is the unresolved story of 8 floating around out there. And like Jedi there could be more pop up if the story needs one.

-Max is such a great character. The actress really nails that role. I loved the scene early in season 4 when Dustin asked her to join Hellfire club. Her reaction was so true to her character.

Easily the best actor of the show.

-Will’s “gay” aspect seems unbelievably forced.

I don’t know that it forced. They pretty much hinted at it all the way back in the first season. His acting was way overblown in Season 4 though. Everytime he would give Mike the puppy dog eyes I wanted to laugh.

-I got pretty tired of the Russian escape story arc. It was so detached from the main story, and kept popping back up at crucial moments that actually mattered to the overall plot. Several times it switched back to that and it was a bit of an eye roll.

It did drag on. I kept expecting it to wrap up and then start the journey home but it kept going and going.

-The Steve actor has a bright future in Hollywood.

I think everyone is glad they kept Steve around. His character was originally intended to die in the first season.

-The basketball players chasing them around was another arc that got annoying. We really didn’t need that.

I think they kept the Hawkins kids moving and not just holed up in the Wheeler’s basement. Seems like they disappeared for a few episodes until the very end though. Almost like they weren’t sure how wrap up that subplot.[/quote]

VN Store

Back