Storm the field or act like we’ve been there?

I'm for storming the field if it's in those scenarios but this would probably be embarrassing since they're already lost one. I felt since we came back and beat Florida in 2016, we could have stormed the field then but we didn't.
Too rational lol.. if emotions get high and it’s a good game, people will probably storm.. and do we really care about embarrassment? My (figuratively) skin is so thick at this point, really don’t care 🤷‍♀️ what other fanbases say

10.5 favorites.

Anyone that storms the field should be pelted with Golf Balls.......Want to be a "blue blood" act like one. JMO............
Pelt me with a golf ball until your heart is content. But the fact of the matter is this — Outside of many of our fans, no one nationally considers UT a “blue blood” of college football anymore. Can we get back there? Absolutely. But when considering the current state of the program, we are not even considered a top tier team in our conference atm. It is Bama, UGA, and everyone else. Kentucky has even had more success than us in recent years and is currently ranked ahead of us in the top 10. I am not advocating that we SHOULD storm the field. I just asked the question to Volnation, because as you can see by some posts here, overwhelming joy in Neyland and fans rejoicing with players on the field is certainly a realistic possibility this Saturday with all of the hype and energy from the fans going into this game.

And how would it hurt our journey back to blue blood status if it happens? The last time we stormed the field after defeating the Gators, we won the natty! Hmmm.

Reactions: BanditVol
Pelt me with a golf ball until your heart is content. But the fact of the matter is this — Outside of many of our fans, no one nationally considers UT a “blue blood” of college football anymore. Can we get back there? Absolutely. But when considering the current state of the program, we are not even considered a top tier team in our conference atm. It is Bama, UGA, and everyone else. Kentucky has even had more success than us in recent years and is currently ranked ahead of us in the top 10. I am not advocating that we SHOULD storm the field. I just asked the question to Volnation, because as you can see by some posts here, overwhelming joy in Neyland and fans rejoicing with players on the field is certainly a realistic possibility this Saturday with all of the hype and energy from the fans going into this game.

And how would it hurt our journey back to blue blood status if it happens? The last time we stormed the field after defeating the Gators, we won the natty! Hmmm.

I said my opinion!:)

Since fans stormed the field in '98................That changes my mind.:rolleyes:

Fact is ...UT is, UT is favored by double digits. Not worth storming the field. Alabama???? Now you get my attention.

If we beat Bama or UGA then leave it to the fans, UF nope. Don't give them the satisfaction. We are light years as a program above UF but have lost 16 of the last games. UT is and has been a classy program and lets keep it that way, Please

after losing 16/17 to a team that did more than any other to help define our place in the East after the split in 92? Absol****inglutely.

But I think they do a better job of cracking down on that these days, so it may not be possible. :confused:

I said my opinion!:)

Since fans stormed the field in '98................That changes my mind.:rolleyes:

Fact is ...UT is, UT is favored by double digits. Not worth storming the field. Alabama???? Now you get my attention.
If we beat Bama and storm the field, old poor Eli Gold gonna have another salty tantrum 😂😂😂

Last edited:
after losing 16/17 to a team that did more than any other to help define our place in the East after the split in 92? Absol****inglutely.

But I think they do a better job of cracking down on that these days, so it may not be possible. :confused:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Remembering ‘98! What happens Saturday after the win?! Especially if it ends up being close? To storm or not to storm?

IMO Tennessee should never rush the field after any win unless it secures a Natty.

Get in line, we haven't beaten anyone since 2004.
Florida, Georgia, California, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, South Carolina, LSU, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Alabama, Pittsburgh, Auburn, Arkansas, Miss State, NC State, Cincinnati, Ga Tech, Mizzou, Va Tech, Appy State, Nebraska and Indiana all say hello 🙄

Reactions: Jeff Clark

VN Store

Back