Still rent free

Or just how good the SEC is

Maybe, but making the CWS >>>>>>>> Winning the SECT. The original comment I replied to seemed to be throwing shade that the remaining SEC teams in Omaha went 0-4 in Hoover and imo....that's a pretty silly flex.

Last edited:
If I had to (and could) choose to win either in Hoover or Omaha, I’d choose Omaha, obviously, but winning in Hoover is awesome. Undisputed SEC champs in both regular season and tournament is pretty awesome. At the margin, I understand not going all-out to win in Hoover (e.g. it is one thing for Delucia to throw 230 pitches four days apart in Omaha, but that would be stupid to do in Hoover), but in general, I don’t understand not playing to win in Hoover. Nothing is guaranteed in any of the following four weekends (as this year shows), so if you have a chance to win a tournament championship in Hoover, you should go for it.

If you suck like Ole Miss and get bounced on Day 1, you just have to hope you get lucky on selection day and thereafter. 😁

But for us, it wouldn't have mattered one bit if we went 0-2; we still would have been the #1 seed. Conference tournaments are only beneficial if you're on the bubble and even for Ole Miss this year it didn't matter.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maybe, but making the CWS >>>>>>>> Winning the SECT. The original comment I replied to seemed to be throwing shade that the remaining SEC teams in Omaha went 0-4 in Hoover and imo....that's a pretty silly flex.
Idk if he was throwing shade but it shows how tough our conference is, imo.

I’d rather make the CWS but I’m not one of the people who diminish regular/postseason conference championships, either. Hell of a year we had.

No. Being the best for 3 months >>>>>>> being better for 5 days. I think conference tournaments in general are pretty silly and a waste of time.

But this is true of the NCAA tourney also. The Vols were the best team all year, period. That’s more impressive than winning the SECT, you say — but it also isn’t negated by losing one series to a good Notre Dame team.

They made it through the tourney at the end, but we whipped Mississippi and Oklahoma when we played them. In fact, we beat the Rebel Black Bears so bad they fell into a tailspin that very nearly made them miss Hoover. They cancelled their last midweek game because they were scared it was going to cause them to miss the NCAA tourney… and then they went to Hoover and couldn’t even stay for an overnight. There was near consensus that they didn’t even deserve a bid to this tournament. They were in such a bad place that they were 95% of the way to firing their coach mid-season.

Point being, we had a much, much better season than these teams (especially Mississippi). They got good draws and had a few good weekends in June.

As a vol fan I always root for the rest of the sec to lose, I can't understand why anyone would do otherwise. When they win, it's bad for us. If that's petty so be it.

VN Store

Back