Still rent free

I don’t think they care about the antics as much as they pretend to. The traditional SEC baseball schools don’t like that we’re winning the conference and getting all the national attention.
Others are doing similar things and it doesn't garner the same scrutiny. Just be honest about it. They lost Tony V and he brought their program to Knoxville and it grinds on them. Kind of how we felt when Clemson and Lawrence were red hot and winning everything in sight. Human nature.

What is with this constant chatter about Arkansas? Neither they nor us will win the title. Might be time to move on. I don't get that much satisfaction
chortling about the failures of other teams/programs when we've hardly ever won anything ourselves.

What is with this constant chatter about Arkansas? Neither they nor us will win the title. Might be time to move on. I don't get that much satisfaction
chortling about the failures of other teams/programs when we've hardly ever won anything ourselves.
I quite enjoy it. Especially when it's the hogs

You don't get a trophy for third place at Omaha, do you? The only way they could surpass our season was to win it all. And they failed.. again.
It's akin to saying you made the final 4 in hoops. It's a level to be proud of. We didn't get there. We had a great season, but that will always be the asterisk to this Vol baseball season.

Unless you exit early. These teams were gone in 3 games. The rest did them well.
I agree. Yes, the regular and SECT titles were great feathers in the cap, but I won't ever complain about an early exit from the SEC tournament going forward. I'd trade Omaha for Hoover every day of the week. You get there enough and sooner or later you're bound to break thru. Guarantee you one thing. Tony V will definitely not make the same mistake again with freshmen pitchers. He will help guide them thru that freshman wall going forward.

I agree. Yes, the regular and SECT titles were great feathers in the cap, but I won't ever complain about an early exit from the SEC tournament going forward. I'd trade Omaha for Hoover every day of the week. You get there enough and sooner or later you're bound to break thru. Guarantee you one thing. Tony V will definitely not make the same mistake again with freshmen pitchers. He will help guide them thru that freshman wall going forward.
And those freshmen should smash through that wall next year. Can't wait! GBO

You’re in the wrong thread then. 😬

Which tells you how worthless the SECT pretty much is.

The same could be said about the entire regular season. UT beat the two potential NC 34-7, has a better record by 8+ games than either, yet here we are. Maybe the NCAA ought to have a "regular season NC" then another for the NCAA tourney. Anyone who thinks either of these teams are the "BEST" team in NCAA baseball is kidding themselves. That's why I really hate champs decided by a stupid tourney. Just skip the regular season and play a big tournament. I know, I know... get off my lawn.

More than likely they wanted TV to take over when Van Horn left. Figured he would return if he left.
TV went on the recruiting trail and he/Van Horn had a few pointed discussions regarding it. TV rebuilt Tennessee to a powerhouse and some wanted Van Horn would leave to make room. Didn't happen, Tennessee finally decided to give TV some of the things he desired for the program and appears to be locked in here for a while. Arkansas is Butt Hurt

It's akin to saying you made the final 4 in hoops. It's a level to be proud of. We didn't get there. We had a great season, but that will always be the asterisk to this Vol baseball season.

It isn't the final four, it's the final eight. And there will be no asterisk to this season. SEC champs, tournament champs, winners of a regional, hosts of regional and super regional, 57-9, 29-5 SEC. I don't see any asterisks anywhere with those tremendous accomplishments. It is a season to be very, very proud of.

It isn't the final four, it's the final eight. And there will be no asterisk to this season. SEC champs, tournament champs, winners of a regional, hosts of regional and super regional, 57-9, 29-5 SEC. I don't see any asterisks anywhere with those tremendous accomplishments. It is a season to be very, very proud of.

💯
👍
GBO!!

What’s Arky’s beef (or should I say pork) with TV?
it all started when CTV and CDVH got into a dust-up after the game last year......depending on who you believe, CCVH was bad-mouthing UT to a recruit we took from them and after the game, CTV said a few choice words to him. The Arky fan base thought it was disrespectful for a new young coach to confront the old guard and confront him.

I’m new to the baseball scene, didn’t know anything about Arkansas or their fans. But I learned quickly that they have a beef or feel threatened with Tennessee and a lot of their fans are unbearable. For some reason most of the trolls that show up here have been Razorbacks and the guy who started the rumor about the PED’s also a Hog. So they brought it among themselves.

Since we won the SEC Tournament this year, I think I’ll be rooting for an 0-2 performance in Hoover and to go home since it apparently benefits you in the real tournament. Don’t need to try anymore! Bigger fish to fry! 😄

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Since we won the SEC Tournament this year, I think I’ll be rooting for an 0-2 performance in Hoover and to go home since it apparently benefits you in the real tournament. Don’t need to try anymore! Bigger fish to fry! 😄

If I had to (and could) choose to win either in Hoover or Omaha, I’d choose Omaha, obviously, but winning in Hoover is awesome. Undisputed SEC champs in both regular season and tournament is pretty awesome. At the margin, I understand not going all-out to win in Hoover (e.g. it is one thing for Delucia to throw 230 pitches four days apart in Omaha, but that would be stupid to do in Hoover), but in general, I don’t understand not playing to win in Hoover. Nothing is guaranteed in any of the following four weekends (as this year shows), so if you have a chance to win a tournament championship in Hoover, you should go for it.

If you suck like Ole Miss and get bounced on Day 1, you just have to hope you get lucky on selection day and thereafter. 😁

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Our baseball team led with the chin to be honest, if you are going to act the way they did, you better back it up, or you can expect ridicule. That's just human nature.

VN Store

Back