Steven Pearl is a WARRIOR!

I just dont understand the love for him. Brian Williams played like a beast tonight and Pearl gets the love for getting jacked in the face when he was the one all over the other guy. Give BW some credit but Pearl really didnt do a whole lot.

It's his rebounding prowess that impresses everybody. He got 2 tonight, giving him 6 for the year.

(I'm not going to mention that Kenny Hall got more than that against Belmont and has played only 9 minutes since.)

Last time I checked the rules, you get 5 of those a game. How that qualifies him a a doormat for the Memphis Tiggers, i don't know.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Youre right, and he got jacked in face for it. You get five of those too. Why is he some sort of hero? I just dont get it.

A warrior who doesn't even average 3 ppg or 2 rpg, but a warrior none the less

I think it gets lost on a lot of people that most teams need pests and enforcers. Pearl fills a VERY important role for this team. He is very unlikely to continue playing basketball after his time at Tennessee, but he is an important member of this team. Not everything shows up on a stat sheet.

^exactly. he's far from great but still the best player on the team for his role he plays. that may change as the season goes on.

steve pearl would murk every member of tiger high's team.

Give the kid some credit, he doesn't have Division 1 talent, but he hustles his butt off. He has come a long way since he first joined the program. He was a lazy daddy's boy then, now he is one of players with the most hustle.

I think it gets lost on a lot of people that most teams need pests and enforcers. Pearl fills a VERY important role for this team. He is very unlikely to continue playing basketball after his time at Tennessee, but he is an important member of this team. Not everything shows up on a stat sheet.

Complete lack of rebounding skill does show up on the stat sheet though. And for a team who often gets outrebounded by otherwise poor rebounding teams, a non-rebounding "power forward" matters quite a bit. (I don't agree with the rest of the post either -- we're not talking about Dane Bradshaw here -- but this point needs to be made.)

VN Store

Back