Stay classy LSU fans!!

The way some folks have been ripping Marlon Brown I'd say we as a group aren't much better than the folks on tigerdroppings although I didn't spend a WHOLE lot of time sifting through their bleatings so maybe I'm off base here... BTW what kind of a name is that for a website anyway.... I always knew LSU folks were turds but they really confirmed that THEY know they're turds too...

Every fan base has it's "Lunatic Fringe". Typically, many have nothing to do with said University other than a good excuse for drinking on Saturday afternoons.

If you end up with an extra scholly because your coaching staff failed to have a backup plan that's not the kids fault. That's poor planning and foresight by your coaches.

That is entirely true.

I would want all Tennessee commitments to understand that, too. As a prospect, until you've faxed in your letter with a signature on it, you will have to understand that recruiting is wide open. You should not take offense if we are recruiting 3 other people at your position. A program cannot place its future in the unsteady hands of these kids who are taking visits, having their cell phones ringing on an hourly basis, and being pulled by friends, family, former teammates, etc. Because if we hold that scholarship for you without testing waters and you decide somewhere else is a better fit for you, it's not that kid's fault.

It's the administration's fault for the assumption.

Alright, just take a minute to think here fellas......are you positive, I mean can you say without a shadow of a doubt that moderation here would not have to do the same thing if Janzen had been a solid UT commitment (keep in mind, he would have been our "only" 5-star) this whole time and yesterday he went to LSU?

I mean people are still upset at Oku and we're okay at tailback, Oku's only a 4-star, and we're getting a look from Bryce Brown too. So it may seem milder here, I would have a hard time imagining that it would be a totally different climate of understanding around here if he had done the opposite.

If Kiffin had been here for a year or more I might be willing to go there with you however kids change their minds all the time ... and if Kiffin was here a year we most likely would have more than one 5 star player

The internet is just a tool. It facilitates and reveals stupidity. It can't create stupidity, due to the Law of the Conservation of Mass. Physics, man.

With a fairly high population of 'tools' that have rather large internet gonads.... Your right on though, it doesn't create stupidity it just gives it a medium to flourish...

Alright, just take a minute to think here fellas......are you positive, I mean can you say without a shadow of a doubt that moderation here would not have to do the same thing if Janzen had been a solid UT commitment (keep in mind, he would have been our "only" 5-star) this whole time and yesterday he went to LSU?

I mean people are still upset at Oku and we're okay at tailback, Oku's only a 4-star, and we're getting a look from Bryce Brown too. So it may seem milder here, I would have a hard time imagining that it would be a totally different climate of understanding around here if he had done the opposite.

I'm surprised to see such a rational post in this thread. Another thing to consider is that winning attracts bandwagon fans. LSU has a ton of idiot fans that have never stepped foot on any college campus outside of Saturdays. I can see how you guys would forget about that though. Losing to Wyoming at home tends to thin out the fan base.

Wow, it took one post to prove my point...

That's your defense? Your clever comeback? To critique my misuse of the word 'your'.... Come on, you can do much better than that... You're an LSU fan...

It wasn't really a comeback. I am just surprised at the lack of intelligence and horrible grammar present on this site. I shouldn't have expected anything else from Tennessee fans though.

It wasn't really a comeback. I am just surprised at the lack of intelligence and horrible grammar present on this site. I shouldn't have expected anything else from Tennessee fans though.

have you looked at an LSU site, or any other message board for that matter?

Sorry we're such a dissapointment to you, feel free to go back to Tigerfeces at anytime....

Visit Tigerpoop and you will change your mind.

If you end up with an extra scholly because your coaching staff failed to have a backup plan that's not the kids fault. That's poor planning and foresight by your coaches.

Poor Planning?

Ok, this is what happened, Jackson said that he wanted his mom to be here when he signs. Then said mom missed her flight from California. He then tells everyone he will have to sign the next day and said that his commitment is at LSU will sign... Signing day is over and all the other prospects that LSU were looking at has inked somewheres else all because this kid asked LSU to wait so his momma can be present. Thats a pretty crude thing to do, for the university and for a kid that might wanted to play for LSU.

What good does a backup plan do you the day AFTER signing day? We had backup plans, but they never materialized because Janzen was committed.

What good does a backup plan do you the day AFTER signing day? We had backup plans, but they never materialized because Janzen was committed.

Commitments mean nothing, LOI's are everything. If I'm a recruiter, I'm not putting all my eggs in the same basket. You will fail EVERYTIME. Also, WTF are you complaining about after signing the class you did??

It's hard to have a backup plan when a recruit sells you out the day after signing day after everyone else, including Myles, has signed somewhere else. JJ should have told coaches in advance of his plans instead of leading them on. That was very classless. You should think before you post from now on my friend

It's hard to have a backup plan when a recruit sells you out the day after signing day after everyone else, including Myles, has signed somewhere else. JJ should have told coaches in advance of his plans instead of leading them on. That was very classless. You should think before you post from now on my friend

NSD is the first day a recruit can sign their LOI, not the only day.

Just for reference, we had a recruit, Nelson I believe, waiting in the wings to see if we would have room for him. We possibly could have had a full class and had to turn him away.

Something to think about...

Jackson clearly stated that he had committed to the Vols when he visited on his recruiting trip several weeks before signing day. The vast majority of recruits would decommit under those circumstances. The question is then, why did he not decommit? I think that it is clear that he was asked (by his father, Vols coaches?) to keep his new commitment secret to hurt LSU recruiting. If this is not true, there are a number of people out there that can step forward and give the real reason.

What a moron, there is supposed to be a comma where it says Tennessee fans, though

C'mon. This isn't a gentlemanly game of cricket or polo. This is SEC football! This is backstabbing, cutthroat, castrate the enemy FOOTBALL! You hate us and we hate you. That is the way it goes. Lessy-poo and Chavis (whom I still respect) would have and will do whatever they have to within the boundaries of the rules to make themselves better...even while cutting the legs out from under the opposition. Thats how you get ahead in the SEC. Its funny how CLK comes along and lights a fire in this program that was NEVER there before and all of a sudden the bammers, gators and tigers come out of hiding to call foul. I LOVE IT!

Finally, this program is ready step down a bit to the same standards of most other programs in the conference.

Yeah...there are idiots that posted in that thread.

Most of us, however, wished him well...admitted that we hated not getting him....and then joked about EB lighting him up.

I don't see the correlation. Go over to Tigerdroppings and read some of the foul things said about JJ and his family.

#1. We don't use THAT kind of foul language.

#2. Very rarely have I read anyone wishing serious harm on someone.

#3. I didn't read anything that was overly offensive.

The worst I seen was some idiot wishing a concussion upon him. Thats stupid...yes...Uncalled for. I also read that he should be hanged for treason. That is a little insensitive, but it wasn't meant as a racist remark...I think.

Read a good 5 pages from the MB thread and then go to tigerdroppings and find a string of posts about JJ. You'll see what I'm saying.

Stay classy LSU fans
Unfortunately some are more expressive of enmity than others. Don't know that it's something differentiating various fanbases (e.g., see Marlon Brown threads). However, it's something none of us should be proud of.

FWIW, the problem with JJ's post-NSD switch had a lot less to do with the switch itself than it did with the duplicity of comunications leading up to it. In contrast, 4-star WR Kenny Bell also made a NSD switch from LSU. He switched to Bama which, unlike UT, is a team we play every year. His situation was actually similar to Marlon Brown's except he had been formally committed to LSU. But Bell's switch didn't get raise the conspicuous animus on Tiger boards that Brown's did here. He simply changed his mind. There were some negative comments, but in the end these kids need to go where they're most comfortable. We should all understand that.

However, Janzen Jackson's situation was different. He consistantly asserted that he was "solid to LSU" even as late as National Signing Day. In light of Coach Kiffin's public description of Nu'Keese Richardson's recruitment, and the similarity to Jackson's situation, it appears that Jackson was probably not above board in his statements. Switching a committment is one thing. Dishonest manipulation, if that's the way it went down, is another thing entirely. Hence the fanbase reaction.

. . . . Finally, just for the record regarding this thread, it's title, and the individual who started it, in his short tenure on Tigerdroppings BloodRunsOrange has issued a few "less than classy" comments himself. Pot meet Kettle. I'd guess that's not a total surprise to many here, but worth pointing out nonetheless.

Now that he's signed, good luck with Janzen. He is one heck of an athlete. Extremely fast, good vertical, quick, good hands. He's likely an immediate impact player for the Vols. Congrats!

VN Store

Back