Stats to follow

Well South Carolina is also 6-14 and have made a lot of offenses look good this year. So if we can play bad teams every night, yeah I bet we look pretty good.

Jaden Springer is shooting just under 50% from 2 and 47% from 3. Yeah lets limit his shots....

Who are you wanting to take more shots if those guys aren't shooting it? We know it isn't Pons and surely you aren't going to try and tell us we need to run the offense through Fulky. When Bailey is shooting well he certainly needs more looks and touches. Santi can hit open shots (minus the last few games). I think ORN should get more burn.

It's not like we have a litany of options.
Exactly, every game I yell at the TV telling jayden to shoot rather than passing when he has an open look. The guy can shoot the rock, but almost never shoots the 3 ball.

When Keon OR Springer take 11 or more shots in a game we are 2-5.

In our 16 wins Keon/Springer average taking 15 shots a game.

In our 5 losses with both Keon/Springer playing they average taking 22 shots per game.

I think most would agree the South Carolina game was our best offensive game in a long time and just for reference Keon and Springer took 13 shots in that game.
Springer 7
Johnson 11

Looked like a different team today.

Reactions: BruinVol
Now that was a team sharing type game. More than doubled them in assist and it was a senior led game.

Fulky got his shots, pons was huge on the boards when we were overtaking them early in the second half and the glue James was huge.

Keon got to that 11 shot mark that I don’t like but that darn near all then were slashing layup type and at least 3-4 were late when the game was over.

that’s a solid effort

Last edited:
Now that was a team sharing type game. More than doubled them in assist and it was a senior led game.

Fulky got his shots, pons was huge on the boards when we were overtaking them early in the second half and the glue James was huge.

Keon got to that 11 shot mark that I don’t like but that darn near all then were slashing layup type and at least 3-4 were late when the game was over.

that’s a solid effort

Still only 1.03 ppp. And if not for the amount of offensive rebounds it would have been worse.

I still don’t believe this offense is gonna do anything in tournament play.

Still only 1.03 ppp. And if not for the amount of offensive rebounds it would have been worse.

Another 4 days off will be good for Springer, he doesn't look healthy, I think JJJ is, tho. Can't hurt, plus Fulk, looks like he is going to go out on his shield. Things are looking a little better, imo

Florida has always been a good solid defensive team so using the ppp stat isn’t the most prudent thing to do in such one game sample sizes

Doesn’t offensive boards figure into the possessions per game stat?

also where does florida fit in defensive efficiency stats?

I don’t recall a single mid range jumper from Keon todaY. Did I miss any attempts?

Not looking for a huge debate just my 2 cents and what Barnes mentioned postgame....

3/21 for 14% from 3, and if you pull tape of the 21 attempts a large number were what most would consider “open or good” looks. Even 7/21 which is only 33% would have added 12 points, how much does that change our PPP?

I’m not trying to argue that this is some modern offense or great offense or couldn’t be better, but Barnes continues to say they’re better shooting team than they’ve shown, obviously evidence doesn’t greatly support that and time is running out, but using yesterday as an example we got some pretty good looks...no offense is going to look great shooting 14% from 3 and 60%ft.

Florida has always been a good solid defensive team so using the ppp stat isn’t the most prudent thing to do in such one game sample sizes

Doesn’t offensive boards figure into the possessions per game stat?

also where does florida fit in defensive efficiency stats?

I don’t recall a single mid range jumper from Keon todaY. Did I miss any attempts?
We were about 60% from 2 yesterday, which is Top 3 nationally good...I don’t have the breakdown of mid range but it did seem there were less of those and hard to think we’d shoot 60% for the game if we were getting our typical allotment of those. Johnson and Fulk were 13/21 for 62%, I would say almost all of there shots were <6’ 2pta.

We were about 60% from 2 yesterday, which is Top 3 nationally good...I don’t have the breakdown of mid range but it did seem there were less of those and hard to think we’d shoot 60% for the game if we were getting our typical allotment of those. Johnson and Fulk were 13/21 for 62%, I would say almost all of there shots were <6’ 2pta.

Yep. I know SV started the game with a midrange jumper and Took a couple but I can’t recall Keon taking another but slashing shots in the paint. We didn’t shoot the 3 well yesterday but still plays fairly efficiently and that’s a good sign

Not looking for a huge debate just my 2 cents and what Barnes mentioned postgame....

3/21 for 14% from 3, and if you pull tape of the 21 attempts a large number were what most would consider “open or good” looks. Even 7/21 which is only 33% would have added 12 points, how much does that change our PPP?

I’m not trying to argue that this is some modern offense or great offense or couldn’t be better, but Barnes continues to say they’re better shooting team than they’ve shown, obviously evidence doesn’t greatly support that and time is running out, but using yesterday as an example we got some pretty good looks...no offense is going to look great shooting 14% from 3 and 60%ft.

the 3 shot wasn’t there and but it’s encouraging that we got into the paint for good shots instead of the midrange settling type shots to offset the issues from 3. That’s different for this team lately

Yep. I know SV started the game with a midrange jumper and Took a couple but I can’t recall Keon taking another but slashing shots in the paint. We didn’t shoot the 3 well yesterday but still plays fairly efficiently and that’s a good sign
Right, simply put it didn’t seem like we were on fire from 2 or hitting anything crazy, so if that can be kind of “what you can count on” that will work given that we typically wouldn’t shoot that bad from 3&ft line. The key imo is Fulk playing like that, everything and everyone else seemed to play better, we need him to show up.

Right, simply put it didn’t seem like we were on fire from 2 or hitting anything crazy, so if that can be kind of “what you can count on” that will work given that we typically wouldn’t shoot that bad from 3&ft line. The key imo is Fulk playing like that, everything and everyone else seemed to play better, we need him to show up.

Yep I think Fulky and James are the ones to lead us in the post season and it’s not necessarily pts in James case

Yep I think Fulky and James are the ones to lead us in the post season and it’s not necessarily pts in James case
I agree, both guys looked healthier and the better versions of themselves...need that play out of them and I think the others feed off them.

Sure and we did miss come good looks, Vescovi missed a couple he normally hits. But the lack of being able to actually have a good offensive performance against a decent team just continues to trouble me. And we still took some poor shots. JJJ took a couple ghastly jump shots for example.

Sure and we did miss come good looks, Vescovi missed a couple he normally hits. But the lack of being able to actually have a good offensive performance against a decent team just continues to trouble me. And we still took some poor shots. JJJ took a couple ghastly jump shots for example.

If there is one player that needs a long rope for taking bad shots it’s jjj. he needs to be more aggressive and I think we have seen that lately with him. That’s a good sign imo

Reactions: Caculator
We can go through and probably find a couple, but I would think we’d be hard pressed to find more than 5-6 mid range shots we took...seems most everything was inside 6 feet or a 3.

All I want to see is a run where Springer, Keon, Fulky and Bailey are all "on" and our defense is what it was in the second half of the UF game. If those cards fall our way, we can really make some noise in the post season.

Reactions: BruinVol

VN Store

Back