Statement from UT and Pruitt on COVID

absolutely no way that Pruitt wrote that statement.
it is grammatically correct and has too many big words.
Come on man. The University reviews/write/edits almost all statements and releases to the media - as do most organizations. We get it, you don’t want Pruitt as the coach anymore. Personal criticism is juvenile...

Reactions: UprightVol
Come on man. The University reviews/write/edits almost all statements and releases to the media - as do most organizations. We get it, you don’t want Pruitt as the coach anymore. Personal criticism is juvenile...
I done got told. Gollllllly.

Does the SEC split bowl proceeds amongst the teams that participate or all SEC teams whether you play or not?

Since it’s all about $ anyway maybe this is the best scenario. We get paid but save the embarrassment of getting beat and going 3-8.

LOL..why on earth does UT need Pruitt to coach the bowl game? They afraid we might win and ruin his reputation? Surely Tee Martin can decide when to call the onside kick.

There were a lot of players that were positive as well.

There were a lot of players that were positive as well.
Vandy played us with 8 scholarship players on defense. I'm sure there are positive players....every team has them every week. There is more to this than COVID....if UT had 6 wins right now, UT would be playing in this bowl game.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Won't be surprised if the groundwork for excuses isn't already being laid for next season :rolleyes:

I laughed at the CJP statement. That man has never spoken with such clarity in his life.
I just lost my dad to COVID before the A&M game, a retired postal worker who never lost a day to sick leave and retired after 40 years walking a route of 7 miles a day. He had a squad of dogs that waited for him outside the post office every morning and walked with him, protecting him from any intruding animals. So enough with your useless dribble this is serious. Hope everyone is Ok and wish them the best of luck.

Reactions: TBvol and kcvols1
I just lost my dad to COVID before the A&M game, a retired postal worker who never lost a day to sick leave and retired after 40 years walking a route of 7 miles a day. He had a squad of dogs that waited for him outside the post office every morning and walked with him, protecting him from any intruding animals. So enough with your useless dribble this is serious. Hope everyone is Ok and wish them the best of luck.
I’m sorry for your loss. My statement has nothing to do with the seriousness of COVID.

Moral victory eh?
No. I stated they don’t deserve a bowl bid and they did underachieve. I am simply adding a little clarity to the situation. Having AL, A&M, GA and FL on the schedule, I expected no better than a 6-4 season. Without the non-conference games, this season exposed more of a gap between most SEC programs and UT. Moral victories are for losers and I don’t believe in them.

Vandy played us with 8 scholarship players on defense. I'm sure there are positive players....every team has them every week. There is more to this than COVID....if UT had 6 wins right now, UT would be playing in this bowl game.

Tennessee went from 1%-2% positive each week to 10% positive. That's not an increase that can be ignored. They were so surprised by the number, they had them all retested. And if that many were positive Sunday, even more are likely to be positive at their next testing. Not to mention contact tracing.

Yes, Vandy fielded a short team. But many other games have been cancelled across college football. Tennessee didn't cancel the game until they got the 2nd positive test confirmation.

jeremy and phil--wanted nothing to do with a west virginia beatdown---fortunately, they could use covid as an excuse to cancel the game.

So Pruitt, Fulmer, the President, the Chancellor, the team doctors, the trainers, etc are all liars. OK. Makes perfect sense to me...
Not saying they are lying. I'm saying that I think there's more to the story.

VN Store

Back