State of the Tennessee program 30 games into Jeremy Pruitt's tenure

Well, assuming they still talk then maybe Pruitt actually does understand JG isn't it. So why not play for the future?

Someone needs to print this is 30 point type, frame it in a string of flashing neon lights, and hang it in Pruitt's office.

“It all still boils down to quarterback play,” Propst said. “The guy pulling that trigger makes the world go around.

He says quarterback play is key to take it to the next level as a program.

(Note: I haven't read the article yet, just responding to your statement that I quoted above)

That's quite an indictment of his friend. It seems that the biggest failure on Jeremy's part is his complete mismanagement of the quarterback position. So if that's what's keeping them from taking the next step, then it's clear that the head coach's leadership is a barrier to success. Considering he's paid millions and millions of dollars to lead us to success, his presence as a barrier is a problem that will only be solved with his eventual (program-crippling) removal.

At this point, the only thing I see preventing that from happening would be his athletic director's intervention to get him some intensive leadership training.

Technically it starts with Pruitt's decision to continually play a guy who cannot beat a good team 95% of the time and his inability to field a competent offense. We can blame JG all we won't. It isn't his fault his coach is incapable of making a good decision when it comes to qb play or develop a competent backup

I hope he will give Pruitt a call and let him know about how important the QB is to winning, because Pruitt just doesn't get it, they think after 5 years JG just needs a little footwork practice, few more REPS, good grief.

I hope he will give Pruitt a call and let him know about how important the QB is to winning, because Pruitt just doesn't get it, they think after 5 years JG just needs a little footwork practice, few more REPS, good grief.

I’d go so far as to say that Peyton Manning couldn’t make JG a decent QB if he had 5 years to do it. JG seems like an alright young man, he’s an all world practice champion, and he can take a beating in a game but his game day playing is just pathetic. I have nearly zero confidence we can score on anyone. I literally expect to go 3 and out every series and I’m shocked when something good happens. It almost unbearable to suffer through.

Prost and Pruitt are from the same tree. As long as they are able to go out and get better players at every position and even some backups that would be starters elsewhere. Guess what they win. That’s a CEO a coach can coach up and scheme.
Not to many of those left of “he can take his and beat yours or turnaround he can take yours and beat his”.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Maybe he should just play Maurer - a guy who completes less than half his passes, throws twice as many interceptions as TDs and doesn’t appear to know the offense we’ll enough to know we have more than one receiver running routes on each play.

Why anyone gives a platform to Rush, and why Freak doesn't charge you to post here, I'll never know.

So does this mean we're now 3-2 unofficially, 2-3 officially, without a quarterback?

Maybe he should just play Maurer - a guy who completes less than half his passes, throws twice as many interceptions as TDs and doesn’t appear to know the offense we’ll enough to know we have more than one receiver running routes on each play.

Not saying play Maurer but a lot of ppl come on here throwing out stats. Stats that reflect bad on a true freshman vs a 5th year senior that did not even see the field as a true freshman(how bad would that have been). A 5th year senior is allowed to make freshman mistakes and keep his starting job but a true freshman makes those mistakes and there's no chance to prove you've grown the next year. Maybe he has , maybe he hasn't we will never know unless he transfers and balls out.

Reactions: memtownvol
It’s time to give Pruitt a little credit and assume he has also identified this problem.

So, if you believe that (and i do), how bad do you think he believes the other QB’s have to be?

And if that’s the case, how is Brumbaugh out of a job while Chaney, Weinke, etc., are cashing checks?

Ill leave these here for morons like yourself that hold stats like this against a true freshman.....

Dobbs 2 starts in his his first 79 attempts. 3 games
47/79 443 yards. 0 tds 3 ints

BM 1 full game in 3 starts....
35/75 541 yards 4 tds (2 rush 2 pass) 5 ints...

80 attempts does not determine a QB

It’s time to give Pruitt a little credit and assume he has also identified this problem.

So, if you believe that (and i do), how bad do you think he believes the other QB’s have to be?

And if that’s the case, how is Brumbaugh out of a job while Chaney, Weinke, etc., are cashing checks?

IMO last year when Maurer was in there he just brought so much more energy.....He had energy...the team had energy the sideline had energy. Also IMO if he had stayed upright and didn't get concussed twice he would have started the remainder of the year. Did he make some mistakes, yes but he made it going 100%......We've seen JG make mistakes for 4 years.... Now we are into the 2nd half of the season with still poor QB play and no Maurer.....Why? If he was injured just say he's not available...He was in late in the KY game so I don't think that's the case anymore......All we hear is JG is starting and he gives us the best chance....

.I've watched freshman QB's start and play well this season and we can't get ours on the field down 4 TDs late in the 4th. Something odd is going on....I could understand it the first game or 2 of the season but that's not a excuse any longer....The SEC East is out of reach and if things stay the same we will go into year 4 with a QB with no or very little experience.

IMO last year when Maurer was in there he just brought so much more energy.....He had energy...the team had energy the sideline had energy. Also IMO if he had stayed upright and didn't get concussed twice he would have started the remainder of the year. Did he make some mistakes, yes but he made it going 100%......We've seen JG make mistakes for 4 years.... Now we are into the 2nd half of the season with still poor QB play and no Maurer.....Why? If he was injured just say he's not available...He was in late in the KY game so I don't think that's the case anymore......All we hear is JG is starting and he gives us the best chance....

.I've watched freshman QB's start and play well this season and we can't get ours on the field down 4 TDs late in the 4th. Something odd is going on....I could understand it the first game or 2 of the season but that's not a excuse any longer....The SEC East is out of reach and if things stay the same we will go into year 4 with a QB with no or very little experience.

We all know the backup QB is always better than the starter - that’s just a given. It’s just strange that the people whose job depends upon winning games don’t see it that way...my comment was more a reaction to the continuous moronic whiny threads about the same issue. So let’s just play someone the coaching staff doesn’t believe is the best option to win and then let everyone be quiet about it...

Reactions: PowerT83

VN Store

Back