Starting Lineup

Walker
Horston
Burrell
Dye
Key
I think that’s a very athletic and aggressive starting line up with a lot of fight in them.

Lots of minutes for Suarez, Striplin, Puckett, Wynn, and Darby(who I think people easily forget). I see Striplin and Keyen playing the 5 more than I do Saunders at this point unless she took a huge step forward. Saunders and Rennie IMO aren’t players I don’t see playing a lot in the future especially if they can’t find minutes this season.
Agree about Saunders and Rennie.

I agree with @Coach Jumper and @Amb3096 "most likely" lineups. But I would like to propose 5-10 minutes per game in the "Shooter's Package".

PG Burrell
SG Darby
SF Marta
PF Striplin
C Key (or Saunders to rest Key)

Run a high pick and roll with Burrell and Key/Striplin.
Darby camps out in the corner.
Marta/Striplin work the space around the 3 point line as an outlet when the defense has to double Burrell.

Move the ball correctly and the defense has to choose what to give up:
1. Go under the screen and give up a 3 to Burrell
2. Go over the screen for a 1 on 1 drive vs Burrell
3. Double Burrell on the screen and give up a good look in the lane to Key on the roll.
4. Help on Burrell after the screen and give up an open 3 in the corner or at some point on rotation.

In all 4 scenarios, Key ends up in prime rebounding position.
Love Emily Saunders but she has to pick up
the pace to rest Key with KK graduating.

You have to play zone if you are playing her. Same for Marta unless she is at the 4.

It depends on who we are playing and the matchup, Can she play the 4 sure she can. Let me be clear Marta is not the only one will have a matchup problem Rae had her issues to when it came to matchups Walker to. So we can talk about who looks like they are ready to play right now but at the end of the day we will see come game time and against the power teams. I don`t agree or disagree.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It depends on who we are playing and the matchup, Can she play the 4 sure she can. Let me be clear Marta is not the only one will have a matchup problem Rae had her issues to when it came to matchups Walker to. So we can talk about who looks like they are ready to play right now but at the end of the day we will see come game time and against the power teams. I don`t agree or disagree.

That’s fair. Rae also can be good and often took the best player assignment. Both she and Horsten can guard when they are into it.

Last edited:
Do not sleep on Wynn. Elite.

You got that right,,,My pick to be the surprise of the class!

Love Emily Saunders but she has to pick up
the pace to rest Key with KK graduating.

Emily has this season to kick the door in or lose it to Karoline and what I feel to be imminent (a high ranking post in 2022). I have seen a good touch in her shooting and I know she can muscle up, but one of the coaches has got to find her heart-strings and start plucking them.

Reactions: Memvol44 and Chippo
I agree with @Coach Jumper and @Amb3096 "most likely" lineups. But I would like to propose 5-10 minutes per game in the "Shooter's Package".

PG Burrell
SG Darby
SF Marta
PF Striplin
C Key (or Saunders to rest Key)

Run a high pick and roll with Burrell and Key/Striplin.
Darby camps out in the corner.
Marta/Striplin work the space around the 3 point line as an outlet when the defense has to double Burrell.

Move the ball correctly and the defense has to choose what to give up:
1. Go under the screen and give up a 3 to Burrell
2. Go over the screen for a 1 on 1 drive vs Burrell
3. Double Burrell on the screen and give up a good look in the lane to Key on the roll.
4. Help on Burrell after the screen and give up an open 3 in the corner or at some point on rotation.

In all 4 scenarios, Key ends up in prime rebounding position.
Unless Saunders improve significantly then she’s not backing up key. Cleanup minutes maybe. I personally don’t see how they would keep dye out of that starting lineup. She’s probably going to be our best rebounder unless Key get better at it

Unless Saunders improve significantly then she’s not backing up key. Cleanup minutes maybe. I personally don’t see how they would keep dye out of that starting lineup. She’s probably going to be our best rebounder unless Key get better at it
not familiar with Dye,,,but will be!

I agree as well but remember Burrell was one of the few defenders who had success locking Howard down. She started off doing well at UK but wore down quickly trying to do too much both offensively and defensively with Davis out. Fact is Horston/Wynn should probably be our best two lock down defenders (wynn when she learns the physicality and speed of the game).

I haven't followed Coach Joy so much but I can see that she is already more in tune with recruiting and that will translate into confidence from the players.

Just as I pick Karoline to be the most impactful new recruit and Wynn to be the most surprising, I pick Coach Samantha Williams to be the missing element in this entire run of both CHW's and Coach K's tenures. Samantha is an Alpha coach, quiet, confident, assured and no-nonsense...She will bring out the best in the Alpha players: JH, RB and JW,,,she will calm Marta down and she will impact both Alexus Dye and Kaiya Wynn.

What do I base these chosen players on,,,AN Alpha recognizes another ALpha and If I were to coach in this org, these are the players I would concentrate on.

SO to answer your question,,,they will be very impactful in not only development,,,but in leadership and team-symmetry
Thanks coach. The response to to Coach Williams hire was so positive by so many sources that you had to feel optimistic. I’m glad to hear you feel she will be a difference maker. Coach McCorvey seems excited about coming to Tennessee and has a reputation as a hard worker. Seemed like the team played hard for Kellie and each other last year and thats a good thing but some have the potential to up their game. You addressed some big concerns and I thank you. Am so ready to see our ladies take back the prominence they have long enjoyed. Hope you are 100% correct on Striplin and that someone gets in TK’s ear. Can hardly wait for next season.

VN Store

Back