Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

If Maurer is injured and Shrout cannot protect the ball, then why not rotate Bailey and Holiday?

I don't think they have really given any qb other than jg much of a look from the sound of things. Is Holiday still listed as qb?? If a team is gona compete at the college level this day and time, you need a qb that is truly dual threat. That would be Holiday or Maurer on our current roster.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I think it would be crazy to commit to anyone for the whole season right now. No one has come anywhere close to earning that.

Why is everyone hell bent on protecting HB from BAMA.....he either has it or he doesn't...no on expect him to light it up against them......

Dobbs did pretty good against them. He was also thrown to the wolves his 1st time out. Let HB get broke in right, it can't get any worse for him seeing a better defense than he will see in Bama the rest of the year.

what I noticed from the little time he got last game was the touch he put on the ball. Didn't fire a heat seeking missile 100% of the time like JG.
Watching his passing, they on target except one. The fade the WR stopped his route for some reason. One other (4th and goal) was truly only bad pass I saw from HB.

So we should hold HB accountable for his 1-4 and an almost int...against KY
BM was thrown in against FLA in his 1st significant time....and held accountable
So is HB not good then??

We honestly don’t know. I hope he is great. But right this moment? I don’t know if he is any good. Do you not expect him to struggle against Bama??

At this point if I were JP, I'd consider using the rest of the season as "scrimmages" to get ready for the future.

I like this idea.

Every time someone screws up he could blow the whistle, go out on the field, jerk a knot in someone and make them run the same play again.

Any college athlete with just average intelligence should be ready in a week, surely he has studied the play book, and given a weeks prep. he should be ready to go. It's not like any of back ups just walked on to campus. They have been there, should have been watching films and no reason any of our back up qb's shouldn't be ready.
I think it was Jordan Rogers Saturday night who said Pruitt told him Bailey got 10 reps this fall, looked terrible, and Pruitt decided we didn’t have time to waste on a 4th stringer. From then on gave JG & Shrout all the reps... until the scrimmage last Sunday.

10 reps?! You give who everyone is hoping to be the guy that brings Tennessee back 10 reps????? I don’t care how far behind he was the other guys. What’s the goal here, to win 8 or 9 games or to win a championship? Our ceiling with JG and Shrout is 8 or 9 wins in a normal season. Can’t believe we hadn’t invested more in Bailey. Malpractice IMO

Reactions: willinhf
We honestly don’t know. I hope he is great. But right this moment? I don’t know if he is any good. Do you not expect him to struggle against Bama??
Hell yeah I expect a struggle....the whole rest of the year....I expect bad reads, ints in the ez, over throws..mental errors...thats what freshman do....

What gets me is no gave any of that respect to BM...said he played terrible at KY coming of a concussion...he didnt have any turnovers....UGA he didnt **** the bed as true freshman like JG did as. RsSr...he was dogged all last season for his play....

So we should hold HB accountable for his 1-4 and an almost int...against KY
BM was thrown in against FLA in his 1st significant time....and held accountable
So is HB not good then??

He did have a drop by the RB. The two misses I didn't remember a defender or WR close to catching one.

Musical chair QBs were the main theme in Fulmer’s two losing seasons. Find your guy and back him. I think the main reason Pruitt has been abnormally faithful to JG is his history of low turnovers. Now that he displayed a two game clinic on giving game’s away, that narrative’s dead. Bailey, Shrout...Maurer...whoever. Let them make a mistake and see what they follow it up with. Find your guy.

The only merciful thing about a clueless Pruitt trotting JG out there to start on saturday will be that it's a Covid crowd and not 100,000 rabid fans. And I do think he's (Pruitt) that stupid. Either clean house, staff wise, or send his ass back to Bama.

It is unknown, but doubtful that Bailey could win, but it is a sure thing that Guaranteeloss will flop again. Why not take a chance for the future?
If Pruitt and Chaney continue to put their faith in a loser, it may wind up costing them their jobs!

Reactions: GBOx2

VN Store

Back