Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I agree. Vols will lose to ALA so its a scrimmage. Then the Vols get a bye week to pull film and help the kid learn.

Perhaps get a kid who can lead them during the 2nd half of season, and beyond. That is 4 weeks of development counting last weeks scrimmage and yesterday's game. No excuses for Weinke

Tipped balls are defense and there were bad calls against us that weren’t because we didn’t make them so.
I rarely listen to the play by play but did some last night. Did they ever bring up the issue of Stetson Bennett’s size or lack thereof because I thought that was the major factor for all those tipped balls at the line?

I rarely listen to the play by play but did some last night. Did they ever bring up the issue of Stetson Bennett’s size or lack thereof because I thought that was the major factor for all those tipped balls at the line?
Drew Brees...Russell Wilson...Kyler Murray. There’s a way. Middleton knocked down two and it didn’t destroy him. They brought more of everything else.

Were you worried when they thru BM out there last season vs FLA or UGA or BAMA???
Probably should of been. But I don’t think we knew the extent of Pruitt NOT preparing the backups. Maybe why he got hurt, didn’t know the offense so ran a lot.
Start JT he’s at least had a couple of years watching the offense, I would say BM but don’t think he is available.
Work Bailey on a very limited number of safe plays and get him in the game some too.

Drew Brees...Russell Wilson...Kyler Murray. There’s a way. Middleton knocked down two and it didn’t destroy him. They brought more of everything else.
Oh yeah. Some of the best haven’t been “Peyton sized” but I just thought it really effected Barnett more. He’s still stable enough to overcome it for sure.

Why should he be given the start against Bama? Because he was highly touted coming out of high school? Just like JG was. Because he led the team down the field in an offensive series in garbage time against Kentucky? He's not done anything right now to show that he should be starting over Shrout. I will agree it needs to be Bailey or Shrout though at this point.
Well...Bailey didn’t go 0-1 with 1 INT.

I guess I'm thinking let JG take one for the team against AL...in the meantime, get Bailey ready and roll with him the rest of the season.

If hc is gona play Bailey, this Sat. is the time, we probably not gona beat bama regardless of who plays qb. Get the game experience so we can more apt win the games that are winnable. Don't wait until you get to a game that is winnable to give his his first start.

Hey Bama's good but their defense isn't super, their offense is what carries them. Not saying they aren't a talented defense but it's no reason not to play Bailey. Heck it probably makes it tougher game planning for Bailey than it does JG, all the DC's know what JG can and can't do. They can't scheme for what they haven't seen. Heck I might go back and forth with Shrout or Bailey or Maurer into one catches fire. At least make their defense have to figure out what your doing instead of giving them the blueprint. But to keep Bailey totally out of the game, it's football anything can happen any week. Cut him loose and give the team a boost. GBO!

I think play all 3 back ups against bama, jg should not see the field again, and whichever one of the 3 does the best in the game, or games is your starter. Or if one of the 3 lights it up sitck with them in the game.

Reactions: whodeycin85
If he’s not ready, get him ready. If he doesn’t have enough reps, get him reps. We have to build a future around Bailey or Pruitt’s future at UT won’t be long

Any college athlete with just average intelligence should be ready in a week, surely he has studied the play book, and given a weeks prep. he should be ready to go. It's not like any of back ups just walked on to campus. They have been there, should have been watching films and no reason any of our back up qb's shouldn't be ready.

Not wanting to get HB killed in a game that isn't winnable isn't playing scared. We get a bye after Alabama before going to Arkansas. Seems like that would be the best time to turn over the reigns.

Bama would be by far the best time to start another qb. That will be 3 weeks of prep time before playing a game that is actually winnable. 3 weeks should be ample time to be prepared and win out the rest of the season. Trot jg out again against bama, you lose much needed game experience for the back up. We can win out after bama with a good qb, stick with jg, we may win one more and then break in a new qb yr after next, cause if this happens jg will start again next yr as well.

VN Store

Back