Stand up Comedy Thread

The Ricky Velez HBO special is solid. I hung out with him at the Cellar one time when he was getting his first big break (the short-lived Nightly Show). He was a cool guy.

Reactions: bignewt
Also, pro tip...the cellar is first come first serve seating and tourists always show up early, so they get a spot front and center. You probably don't want those seats, especially if you aren't ready to laugh at the things you believe in. The people up front were from AL and one comic made an AL joke even before that was known. They weren't laughing at anything and got picked on the whole night. Good time for everyone else, tho.

I love Jim Norton, i listen to his radio show every day.

Heโ€™s the most open human being Iโ€™ve ever met. Iโ€™ve never seen someone talk the way his does about sexuality or insane childhood

Edit: Iโ€™ve never met the guy, so I should rephrase the first sentence. Heโ€™s the most open human I know of

Last edited:
Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Gilbert was an incredible man. Dropped out of high school and hung out in libraries instead. Became of the best comedians of all time. Live, this man was hard to beat. Saw him once in person and laughed my ass off all night. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

He's had some good interviews on Stern over the years. He had a different path in life than most.

Reactions: bignewt
Gilbert was an incredible man. Dropped out of high school and hung out in libraries instead. Became of the best comedians of all time. Live, this man was hard to beat. Saw him once in person and laughed my ass off all night. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

He's had some good interviews on Stern over the years. He had a different path in life than most.

I never saw his stuff. To much profanity for me. I did like him in Alladin. We quote his character all the time from that movie

RIP Gilbert

Tough year for comedians.

VN Store

Back